• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I thought it's on sale now. I was checking it out on Ticketmaster.ca.

Haven't seen him live. I've been meaning to, but I was always broke. I'm aiming to see a Ye show at least once.

Huge regret is missing his Glow In The Dark tour way back.

I've generally been on the side of "shit is whack" but TLOP's been pretty damn good.

I was really on the Yeezus train for a bit after it came out, but I ended up going back to his old stuff.
He mixes a lot of his old stuff with his new stuff typically, although who knows with this show because it's so soon. Either way, if you can find someone, definitely do it, it's something you need to do at least once if you're a Kanye fan.

Quick

Banned
He mixes a lot of his old stuff with his new stuff typically, although who knows with this show because it's so soon. Either way, if you can find someone, definitely do it, it's something you need to do at least once if you're a Kanye fan.

I'm already set on hearing very little of his old stuff if I end up going, which I'm not opposed to.

At worst, I'll just look up a YouTube video of someone recording Waves live. lol

Quick

Banned
I got an Amex if someone needs some tix through it

/Opulence

I shit on my job a lot, but this past year has been the first time I could honestly say "yeah, I can afford that" when someone brings up something that seems expensive.

But I always go back to thinking that I can use the money for something else.

Quick

Banned
I guess Matthews is a bust confirmed since this is a Craig Button scouting report.

5o28HQC.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Euros beginning tomorrow aren't on TSN.... Relegated to TSN4 etc because of golf. Wimbledon next week will also relegate the Euros.

I basically got TV FOR this tournament. And now I don't have the right channels. Fuck I hate TSN.

A TV cable-less world is a superior one

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Already got them :lol

A friend of mine has an Amex card and scooped up some for a bunch of my friends, $110 for mid bowl. I wanted to do closer / floor but nobody else was on board to spend more money. His Yeezus tour was the best show I've ever seen live.

I got a friend with Amex as well gonna attempt to get some on Friday.

I just told them whatever they're fine with paying I'll pay as well.

/opulence

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I guess Matthews is a bust confirmed since this is a Craig Button scouting report.

And the only time we get to see him as a leaf before the season is in leaked videos from prospect camp half way through july

Rookie tournament schedule was announced and it conflicts with world cup of hockey

World cup is so badly timed :/

Quick

Banned
Nah we went to all the typical dumb stuff, we're suckers for kitsch stuff! If we were to ever get married I probably would've proposed to her there, since yeah that seems like the most typical thing to do

One of my friends proposed to his girlfriend at Niagara, which is actually one of the less cheesy thing I've seen compared to the ridiculous proposals I've seen from other people on Facebook.

One involved some crazy dance routine and signs, another involved some elaborate song number, and the rest fell somewhere in between. And they're all friends with each other, so either the dudes were trying to one-up each other, or they're just that ridiculous.

One of my friends proposed to his girlfriend at Niagara, which is actually one of the less cheesy thing I've seen compared to the ridiculous proposals I've seen from other people on Facebook.

One involved some crazy dance routine and signs, another involved some elaborate song number, and the rest fell somewhere in between. And they're all friends with each other, so either the dudes were trying to one-up each other, or they're just that ridiculous.

I took a picture of us and made it the filling/color of each letter in the phrase "Will You Marry Me?", so each letter was a different picture.

Candles, ring, all that stuff.

She loved it. And all it took was an hour or two of messing around with pictures and text in gimp + a printer and ink. And the $200 ring she picked out. Yeah, I lucked out on a cheap ring.

Look at this tool.

What a loser.

Nah we went to all the typical dumb stuff, we're suckers for kitsch stuff! If we were to ever get married I probably would've proposed to her there, since yeah that seems like the most typical thing to do

That's where I did it. I'm pretty sure that's where my parents did it. If you're in this part of the country, it's just what you do. Something about that much water just makes you want to piss away the rest of your single life. Glad you had fun. I have to imagine you saw the Ripley's museum?

Look at this tool.

What a fuckface.

imBask

Banned

oh yeah, I mean in front of the falls on a sunny day and stuff it could've been cool

I don't know if it's a cultural thing in Quebec in particular but my parents aren't married, my gf's parents aren't, half of my uncles and aunts aren't, the vast majority of my friends aren't... I know basically 1 couple under 30 who are engaged

That's where I did it. I'm pretty sure that's where my parents did it. If you're in this part of the country, it's just what you do. Something about that much water just makes you want to piss away the rest of your single life. Glad you had fun. I have to imagine you saw the Ripley's museum?

yeah of course we did! it was real stupid but she really like that stuff. Marineland was real fun, we're suckers for zoos

oh yeah, I mean in front of the falls on a sunny day and stuff it could've been cool

I don't know if it's a cultural thing in Quebec in particular but my parents aren't married, my gf's parents aren't, half of my uncles and aunts aren't, the vast majority of my friends aren't... I know basically 1 couple under 30 who are engaged

Were you there on the day it was 30? Would have been a great day at the Falls.

Now that it's common for people to move in before marriage, there isn't as much incentive to do it. It still makes sense from a financial perspective, and married spouses have automatic benefits (at least in Ontario) that common law partners don't.

To each their own though, I'm the first person to say marriage isn't for everybody.

yeah of course we did! it was real stupid but she really like that stuff. Marineland was real fun, we're suckers for zoos

I gotta go back there now that we have money. We didn't do much when we were there on account of my having just spent most of ours on a ring.

The wife and I are actually going away together next weekend sans child for the first time since we had him. I don't even know what that's going to be like.

Quick

Banned
I just replied to a Trump supporter on my friend's Facebook post. God help me.

Look at this tool.

I'm a bit behind on the news, but I'm glad there's serious traction into changing the lyrics.

Not that it overall affects me, but it certainly would be better if it were more inclusive to both genders.

But, as Dopey and Silexx said, I'm waiting on the day they make the lyrics more secular. Can't wait for the Facebook chain messages about people either accepting the anthem as it is or "get out of Canada."

I took a picture of us and made it the filling/color of each letter in the phrase "Will You Marry Me?", so each letter was a different picture.

Candles, ring, all that stuff.

She loved it. And all it took was an hour or two of messing around with pictures and text in gimp + a printer and ink. And the $200 ring she picked out. Yeah, I lucked out on a cheap ring.

I ain't mad at this at all. I'm assuming this was private?

Not that proposals should be private, but the ones I describe were done in part to attract attention. I'm guessing they were hoping someone would link it to Buzzfeed or something.

Syrinx

I guess with Ward the thinking was that James Reimer was the only UFA goalie worth a damn and would probably get a bigger deal than the Canes could afford/were willing to pay. So they're creating a bridge until Alex Nedeljkovic is ready to step in, possibly at some point during the 2017-18 season.

Still, and I love me some Neddy, that seems to be banking an awful lot on a 20-year old goalie.

I just replied to a Trump supporter on my friend's Facebook post. God help me.

Why would you do that... One of my "friends" posted this and I deleted her but had to save it because it is just... wow

I am proud to call myself a gun-toting, Bible-clinging, Constitution-loving, flag-waving American! To those ignorant people who try and take any one of those things away from me, well darlings, bless your hearts! 😘

Also,for you Jello and Jhonny:

Yeah I figured. Nice to get confirmation.

Top Bottom