• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if it's a cultural thing in Quebec in particular but my parents aren't married, my gf's parents aren't, half of my uncles and aunts aren't, the vast majority of my friends aren't... I know basically 1 couple under 30 who are engaged
Must be. I work with a lot of people from Montreal and pretty much all of them that are "married" are really common law. Two different people I know who were actually married are now separated.

Anybody seen the V/H/S movies? I'm watching the latest one on Netflix right now. And it's so strange. So strange.

I ain't mad at this at all. I'm assuming this was private?

Not that proposals should be private, but the ones I describe were done in part to attract attention. I'm guessing they were hoping someone would link it to Buzzfeed or something.

Ya it was a private thing.

I originally planned to do this big elaborate planned public thing but it was just too much.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a bit behind on the news, but I'm glad there's serious traction into changing the lyrics.

Not that it overall affects me, but it certainly would be better if it were more inclusive to both genders.

But, as Dopey and Silexx said, I'm waiting on the day they make the lyrics more secular. Can't wait for the Facebook chain messages about people either accepting the anthem as it is or "get out of Canada."

I actually hate the change. "In all of us command" makes no sense to me. It just sounds like bad English. Why they didn't choose something like "in all of our command", which is gender neutral and flows better (at least to me) is beyond me

Entropia

No One Remembers
I seem to be the only person that is OK with the Ward signing. Him and Lack can be a good 1A/1B tandem.

The problem with the team last year wasn't the goaltending (someone on reddit said Ward was the single person responsible for the team not making the playoffs), it was scoring. They were 27th in the league in Goals For, but 13th in Goals Against. That's an insane discrepancy. Goalies can lose games, but they can't win them either.

It's definitely going to take some time get used to "In all of us command" instead "in all thy sons command"

It doesn't flow well. Like Shadowkat said it sounds like bad english.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's definitely going to take some time get used to "In all of us command" instead "in all thy sons command"

It doesn't flow well. Like Shadowkat said it sounds like bad english.

This is for the younger generation. Us olds won't be able to make the change. Some being defiant and some just being so used to it they can never change.

Quick

Banned
Why would you do that... One of my "friends" posted this and I deleted her but had to save it because it is just... wow

I generally stay away from political stuff on Facebook, but I couldn't help myself this time.

Are they Canadian? Like dumbfuck Americans are one thing but Trump supporting foreigners has me completely bewildered.

Not really sure if he's American or Canadian, to be honest. I actually don't see any Trump supporters among my Facebook friends, but I do have an inkling that at least a couple of them do "agree" with him - but those people are more just acquaintances than anything else irl.

What did xe say?

Hillary is terrible, he "acknowledges that there are problems in the US", speaks to the disillusioned Americans who have lost their jobs and can't send their kids to school.

Someone else made a post to refute Trump - mostly about this campaign being an ego boost and to benefit him in the long run.

Then he replies saying that this person is "patently wrong on at least a few points" - Trump isn't doing this for his wealth; brings up the cancellation of The Apprentice as an example of this; and that while he has unpopular opinions, he tells it like it is and cares about the disillusioned...unlike Hillary.

I come in to tell him to read what he just said and to realize that he's trying to reason supporting Trump, and to tell him why he's the wrong choice.

Jumps on me and tells me to read what he wrote - that Trump isn't doing this for wealth (again); he doesn't agree with his solutions but is the only candidate to point out problems; politics have left people with lost jobs to suffer most.

I come back to telling him why his rationale is wrong. Again.

I seem to be the only person that is OK with the Ward signing. Him and Lack can be a good 1A/1B tandem.

The problem with the team last year wasn't the goaltending (someone on reddit said Ward was the single person responsible for the team not making the playoffs), it was scoring. They were 27th in the league in Goals For, but 13th in Goals Against. That's an insane discrepancy. Goalies can lose games, but they can't win them either.

ClFZbNeVAAELJ3C.png

Doesn't seem like he's much of a 1A or a 1B anymore.

Syrinx

I don't agree with Entropia that Ward and Lack make a good 1A/1B combo. Average is about as good as I'll hope for.

I do agree with Entropia that the Canes biggest problem is goal-scoring, and if the Canes are going to sign a big deal in FA or make a big trade, it should be for a goal scorer. Especially in this market.

Silexx

I actually hate the change. "In all of us command" makes no sense to me. It just sounds like bad English. Why they didn't choose something like "in all of our command", which is gender neutral and flows better (at least to me) is beyond me

'In all thy sons command' aren't even part of the original anthem, the original read "thou dost in us command", which I'm not exactly sure how that would flow, but I do wonder if it could have been a compromise to those opposing the change. e.g. 'We're just changing it back to the original!'

Chris R

Next 2 WCs are going to SUCK trying to watch from Alaska.

I thought Germany and South Africa were bad, at least they had Finals on at a reasonable hour :(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Next 2 WCs are going to SUCK trying to watch from Alaska.

I thought Germany and South Africa were bad, at least they had Finals on at a reasonable hour :(

In other Alaska news - the Alaska Aces are now the Canucks' ECHL affiliate

Quick

Banned
I wish car warnings were less complicated (check engine light specifically). My check engine light is on after getting my oil changed and fuel system cleaned, and I've been worrying about it for a bit before thinking that my gas cap could have just been loose.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Huh. Does Alaska have a big enough city for a NHL/AHL Team? That would be interesting

Anchorage would definitely be big enough for an AHL team, compared to some of the teams that DO have AHL teams... I mean... Utica isn't that big :lol

I've been playing NHL 16 a lot lately and lost 4 games in a row online, which was obviously frustrating. Did a bit of tinkering with strategies - basically make everyone super aggressive and go after the puck at all times - and the game is practically broken now.

Other team can hardly enter my zone without being swarmed by two or three players. In my last four games I have had a total of roughly 140 shots vs a total of 50 in that same span. I have won by a combined 9-1.

It's super OP and I don't care.

Quick

Banned
I've been playing NHL 16 a lot lately and lost 4 games in a row online, which was obviously frustrating. Did a bit of tinkering with strategies - basically make everyone super aggressive and go after the puck at all times - and the game is practically broken now.

Other team can hardly enter my zone without being swarmed by two or three players. In my last four games I have had a total of roughly 140 shots vs a total of 50 in that same span. I have won by a combined 9-1.

I haven't touched NHL 16 in over a month (I think). I might just trade it in now while the value is still relatively good.

But do you fix up the sliders as well or do you only mess with strategies? While the NHL games could (probably) use more sliders to adjust gameplay, it has at least a good amount to look at (I think).

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

That's how I've always set the game for years now, it's the only way to get your D to jump into the play. The AI is still garbage.

iLLmAtlc

Nice. I'm still playing NHL 15 on PS3 online and I think the preferred strategy there was a trap (1-2-2 Passive, 1-4, and Protect Net). You could also try that if the aggressive thing stops working.

Top Bottom