• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Depending on who you believe, either Dallas/Chicago massively lowballed Hamhuis (as their second option after Ladd/Russell), or the Canucks' owners told Benning to hold out for more, scuttling any potential deal. A third option is that both are actually true: Benning got lowballed, owners said no.

$1.85M AAV for Baertschi is really good if he gets better.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gologoski getting dumped off somewhere is good news.

Now got an actual capable d-man Nill.
I have just the guy for you, he plays a tough, rugged, on the edge style that's perfect for the West!

emelin_LeYRAkC.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Depending on who you believe, either Dallas/Chicago massively lowballed Hamhuis (as their second option after Ladd/Russell), or the Canucks' owners told Benning to hold out for more, scuttling any potential deal. A third option is that both are actually true: Benning got lowballed, owners said no.

$1.85M AAV for Baertschi is really good if he gets better.
Yeah, it's been obvious from the beginning that Benning wasn't the problem with the Hamhuis deal. Didn't help that Hamhuis also provided so little choice and that both teams understood that.

And the "gotta imagine" quote from Cake Boss. It's a reaction to the Goligoski trade. We don't know if they're re-signing him or not yet.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Cap is going to $74 mil (roughly)

Stamkos timeeeeeeee

(according to Lavoie, NHLPA is very likely to approve escalator)

Quick

Banned
also, Curry threw his mouthgard at a fan, that's just fucking funny. and gross.

I missed this lol

No way the NBA suspends him. Slap on the wrist and he's good. And Ayesha pretty much saying what we're all thinking on Twitter on top of all this. Bless.

Edit: Black People Twitter out in full force already on Curry lol

I missed this lol

No way the NBA suspends him. Slap on the wrist and he's good. And Ayesha pretty much saying what we're all thinking on Twitter on top of all this. Bless.

Edit: Black People Twitter out in full force already on Curry lol

I never seen Curry snap like that.The Dude is usually cool as a cucumber. Warriors played like absolute shit though.

Calamari41

41 > 38

I've long held that Nintendo has undertaken the correct strategy when it comes to this stuff: don't even acknowledge it. You can never win, and once you start trying to please these people not only does it never stop escalating, but you become a target like a bleeding seal off the warm California coast. Just say "but Link is a male, though" and move on.

You could make a game meeting every single demand coming from a thread like that, and it will still be met with more outrage than if you had just released something like Senran Kagura in the first place.

I've long held that Nintendo has undertaken the correct strategy when it comes to this stuff: don't even acknowledge it. You can never win, and once you start trying to please these people not only does it never stop escalating, but you become a target like a bleeding seal off the warm California coast. Just say "but Link is a male, though" and move on.

You could make a game meeting every single demand coming from a thread like that, and it will still be met with more outrage than if you had just released something like Senran Kagura in the first place.

Well Nintendo tried to justify why there was no female Link and that caused a mini shit storm.

Yawnier

Banned
Cap is going to $74 mil (roughly)

Stamkos timeeeeeeee

(according to Lavoie, NHLPA is very likely to approve escalator)

Hawks, Penguins, and upcoming unrestricted free agents all rejoice
Listening to the new SDP, Chris Johnston is on talking about a bunch of stuff. His perspective on Kessel in particular is interesting, Leaf fans will probably think so anyway (starts around the 20 min mark)
I'll probably listen to it later today. Reporter Chris is usually pretty good.

Top Bottom