• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Quick

Banned
OH FUCK YOU

idoL160.gif

Yawnier

Banned
I'm still expecting the leafs to trade down from pick #31

They'll pick up an additional 2nd that way as well prob, like Colorado did last year.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That incarceratedbob guy on twitter called this trade a few hours ago.....

at 2:42

Leafs in serious talks with #Ducks, close to acquiring G Frederik Anderson
Some minor hurdles before deal is done

I'm scared

The last two times that the leafs traded pick(s) for a goalie out of California it didn't work (Toskala and Bernier).

Don't be, unlike San Jose and LA, Anaheim is basically Goaltending University, only the finest are developed here. Freddy is a great goalie, was just talking today to a coworker about how I preferred Andersen to Gibson because he's positionally sound. Gibson relies more on athleticism.

Decent trade for both sides. Leafs get a bonafide starter without giving up roster players and Ducks get a couple picks for a pending RFA.

Pretty low QO, but I bet he signs for $3-4M AAV.

zroid

Banned
Oh well I have no strong feelings on this. Given the soft goalie market, I think the Ducks did well. But the Leafs got (probably) stable goaltending for a few years, which is something they desperately needed.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Don't be, unlike San Jose and LA, Anaheim is basically Goaltending University, only the finest are developed here. Freddy is a great goalie, was just talking today to a coworker about how I preferred Andersen to Gibson because he's positionally sound. Gibson relies more on athleticism.

well shit

abort abort

reimer was an athletic goalie and bernier was percentages

with equipment shrink happening, i'd prefer athletic

Holiday

Banned
I'd like to see a center back for Shattenkirk. Or picks to use to acquire a center.

Let's see Hiller's transcripts.

iLLmAtlc

looks like Leafs are positioning themselves to contend for 2016, expect them to trade the 1st overall for shea weber to solidify this retool

Cake Boss

Banned
Pierre LeBrun‏ @Real_ESPNLeBrun

Told Leafs have agreed to a five year extension with Andersen as well. He would have been RFA July 1

Woah

Top Bottom