• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

The set is legit though.

It was a major upgrade from whatever Sportsnet and especially what HNIC had.

Maybe I'm weird, but I fucking hate these big elaborate sets. I like watching regional NHL\NBA\MLB and they have a small, simple set with no frills. It's so cheesy otherwise.

Quick

Banned
Maybe I'm weird, but I fucking hate these big elaborate sets. I like watching regional NHL\NBA\MLB and they have a small, simple set with no frills. It's so cheesy otherwise.

I'm a bit of a sucker for the tech they use, but in practice, they look like idiots trying to mess around with it. lol

I find that the way they do camera work does isolate their main table or a section of the set to give it a closer/intimate feel.

They also at least utilize the space available to some extent. It's still definitely really big.

In contrast, I find the NBA on TNT set really spacious for no reason.

ncs_nba-on-tnt_01.jpg

Line_HTX

I'm a bit of a sucker for the tech they use, but in practice, they look like idiots trying to mess around with it. lol

I find that the way they do camera work does isolate their main table or a section of the set to give it a closer/intimate feel.

They also at least utilize the space available to some extent. It's still definitely really big.

ncs_nba-on-tnt_01.jpg

Don Cherry can get up off his seat and run all the way to the back to that giant screen.

*Pants* Now... look at this, folks... Haa... This is how you create opportunites to score

Strombo was always such a weird choice for the host of an ultra vanilla sports broadcast. A plainly obvious miscast to anyone familiar with the show or the new talent.

For our yankee comrades: It would be like (for example)NBC trying to boost Sunday Night Football ratings by punting Dan Patrick and replacing him with Ryan Seacrest.

Line_HTX

Strombo was always such a weird choice for the host of an ultra vanilla sports broadcast. A plainly obvious miscast to anyone familiar with the show or the new talent.

For our yankee comrades: It would be like (for example)NBC trying to boost Sunday Night Football ratings by punting Dan Patrick and replacing him with Ryan Seacrest.

Yeah, I would not want Ryan Seacrest doing highlights of the day's action in the pregame show...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

ncs_nba-on-tnt_01.jpg

Inside the NBA and NBA on TNT are the goat sports shows. The perfect blend of personalities.

Quick

Banned

He was a weird choice, being such a contrast to the rest of them, but I didn't hate him.

Inside the NBA and NBA on TNT are the goat sports shows. The perfect blend of personalities.

I'm not hating at all. The set they use just seems really big for no reason.

eyeless

feels like time has slowed down since it's got inside a week

so close yet so far away m8 it's killing me

i need this to be over with

i need to.. see it

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I wonder if the Leafs will be doing prospect camp in early july like last year

Not like we got to see a ton of things out of the last one since it was in collingwood

DopeyFish

Coyotes trade max letunov and 2017 6th rounder to san jose for 2016 4th and 2017 3rd rounder

I almost fell asleep typing this

Apparently philly gets the 4th

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Vancouver Canucks: Saturday, Oct. 15 vs. Calgary

oh boy

maybe all the fucking hillbillies are gonna come out of their job-market-loss-induced-summer-hibernation by then?

also

Anaheim Ducks: Sunday, Oct. 23 vs. Vancouver

.. didn't we have our home openers against each other this season and destroyed each other in it? I definitely remember something there.

the Ducks seem popular tho

Dallas Stars: Thursday, Oct. 13 vs. Anaheim
New York Islanders: Sunday, Oct. 16 vs. Anaheim
New Jersey Devils: Tuesday, Oct. 18 vs. Anaheim
Philadelphia Flyers: Thursday, Oct. 20 vs. Anaheim

Calamari41

41 > 38
.. didn't we have our home openers against each other this season and destroyed each other in it? I definitely remember something there.

You beat us in a shootout in ours.

Disappointing but I got to hear my very nice and very proper mother in law very angrily say "I don't think Mr. Perry was trying very hard, I'm sorry but I have to say it."

Silexx

SensChirp ‏@SensChirp 3m3 minutes ago

Perhaps the best news from Dorion today was that MacArthur is 100%. Having him healthy next year would be a huge boost. #Sens

MYYYYY LIIIIIIIEEEEEGGGEE!!!!!

Silexx

When was the last time MacArthur was 100%?

Good for him.

Probably before his concussion from colliding with Lehner, which was two seasons ago.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 3m3 minutes ago

CBJ continues to listen to interest in #3 pick, however, sources say CBJ would like to attach a contract, (Hartnell) for cap space...1/2

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m2 minutes ago

...CBJ still has to extend Seth Jones which will be costly. Also approaching offer sheet time and Jones could be prime target.

While interesting what CBJ could fetch for #3, does any GM really worry about offer sheets given that everyone is so afraid to to actually use them?

zroid

Banned
While interesting what CBJ could fetch for #3, does any GM really worry about offer sheets given that everyone is so afraid to to actually use them?
Well, at least in the case of Hamilton and Saad, it seems that the threat of an offer sheet was very real. I think most GMs would prefer to make a trade rather than offer sheet since it gives both teams more flexibility.

Cake Boss

Banned
GM Dorion also talked about needing analytics and hired a staff for it. Also talked about not needing a top 6 forward but a DMAAANNN!!!!

Oh man I am in a SNES europha

stpwQbk.jpg

DopeyFish

Well, at least in the case of Hamilton and Saad, it seems that the threat of an offer sheet was very real. I think most GMs would prefer to make a trade rather than offer sheet since it gives both teams more flexibility.

Or in the case of the Leafs, fucks them

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think it was an ESPN writer that said last week part of why Chicago moved Saad was because Bergevin was going to offer sheet him, which I found surprising, doesn't seem like something he would do.

Top Bottom