• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

well shit

abort abort

reimer was an athletic goalie and bernier was percentages

with equipment shrink happening, i'd prefer athletic

Too late, they had their chance to choose.

I'd like to see a center back for Shattenkirk. Or picks to use to acquire a center.

Let's see Hiller's transcripts.

He went downhill after he had vertigo. He was tremendous before.

He was good after but not the same.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
5 years for a goalie coming from California to Toronto? He'll crumble under media scrutiny and will be traded to Dallas.

Yawnier

Banned
How so? Don't we have a ton of cap room?

I don't think we're in the best cap situation for this season. With Laich, Michalek, Lupul, Greening, etc. Lots of overpaid guys (cap dumps) with a year left. In Lupul's case two years.

Next summer, a year from now there will be a ton of cap space though.

Samyy

Sign Demers pls
Next year Laffs:

JVR - Kadri - Komarov
Nylander - Matthews - Soshnikov
Marner - Bozak - Brown
Greening - Laich - Hyman

Rielly - Demers
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Marincin/Carrick/Corrado/Hunwick

Anderson
Bernier

good gravy, 5 years already?

Andersen negotiates as hard as he plays.

kF1jyJv.jpg

zroid

Banned
0a656a703d334243949e3aeb6cb863d6.png

This is promising. It basically means that Andersen has significantly out performed his expected save % based on the difficulty of shots he has faced compared to league average.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
0a656a703d334243949e3aeb6cb863d6.png

This is promising. It basically means that Andersen has significantly out performed his expected save % based on the difficulty of shots he has faced compared to league average.

Can I get those numbers in real stats please?

Yeah not so sure about this, give a guy a 5 year deal that quick, not like we're picking up a sure bet here.

My feeling as well. I'm assuming they're projecting him to be really good in order to save some dollars later on when he can be UFA. He's good from what we've seen, and has some good time under his belt but still not a full season workload for a starter (close two years ago, though).

Let's hope lol

yyzjohn

Banned
My feeling as well. I'm assuming they're projecting him to be really good in order to save some dollars later on when he can be UFA. He's good from what we've seen, and has some good time under his belt but still not a full season workload for a starter (close two years ago, though).

Let's hope lol

Haven't had great luck with goalies here other than free agent signings Cujo and Belfour. Every goalie trade Leafs have attempted in the recent past has sucked.

Raycroft
Toskala
Bernier

I mean come on.

Quick

Banned
A little warning though, Andersen played behind the #1 defense with #1 penalty kill. I'm sure that helped his numbers a little bit. He was bombarded to start the season but December on, Anaheim made a real push to focus on defense.

Almost anything is better than what the Leafs were working with last season.

Andersen is already an upgrade by not being named Jonathan Bernier.

As an RFA, I guess the options were a bridge deal for 1-2 years, or a longer one with a lower AAV to eat up UFA years. He'll only be 31 when his contract ends.

I wouldn't trust those fancy stats much, because Anaheim is a really good team.

EDIT: I take back what I said about "lower AAV".

Top Bottom