• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

yyzjohn

Banned
Bobby Mack > Mirtle

Heck, Capfriendly > Mirtle

To be fair Lou might have given Mirtle some misinformation so people freak out over $5.5M and then see $5 and say "oh that's way better!!!!"

Edit: they're gonna have to dump Bernier now no? No way Leafs can go with $9M tied up in goalies.

Yawnier

Banned
He likely doesn't have the crazy signing bonus clause.

Or a buyout-proof contract either. Sorry Columbus, blame Dave Nonis.

To be fair Lou might have given Mirtle some misinformation so people freak out over $5.5M and then see $5 and say "oh that's way better!!!!"

Edit: they're gonna have to dump Bernier now no? No way Leafs can go with $9M tied up in goalies.
Can't see any team taking on Bernier for a year without the leafs taking back an equivalent cap dump

imBask

Banned
that's a lot of years and a lot of money for Andersen, a #2 goalie who was a #1 with a great team in front of him

I hope it'll be Bernier all over again

That is a lot of money. And we just had a Stanley Cup playoffs where the final four goalies were Matt Murray, Martin Jones, Brian Elliott, and Andrei Vasilevskiy.

For a young team with a rising cap that $5M won't seem as significant a few years from now, but it handcuffs them a bit if they want to sign any big FA skaters.

I would've done a bridge deal myself. See how he does without Anaheim's defence.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
That is a lot of money. And we just had a Stanley Cup playoffs where the final four goalies were Matt Murray, Martin Jones, Brian Elliott, and Andrei Vasilevskiy.

For a young team with a rising cap that $5M won't seem as significant a few years from now, but it handcuffs them a bit if they want to sign any big FA skaters.

I would've done a bridge deal myself. See how he does without Anaheim's defence.

there is no bridge in this circumstance

1 year would take him to ufa

Heretic has said Andersen is a #1 goalie. I'm here to confirm that he is unquestionably a #1 goalie. Don't worry about that. Only thing I'd worry is defense. He can only do so much by himself for stretches of time. Also allows a soft goal or two at times.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Heretic has said Andersen is a #1 goalie. I'm here to confirm that he is unquestionably a #1 goalie. Don't worry about that. Only thing I'd worry is defense. He can only do so much by himself for stretches of time. Also allows a soft goal or two at times.

doubt

doubt is flooding my heart

Marvie_3

Banned
Heard a month ago he waiting to see what Chi was doing before deciding. Expect him there.
Yes please. Id love to have Campbell back now that his cap hit isnt 7+. Itd let Keith/Seabrook pair up again which would help both and Hjalmarsson would have a guy back that he was extremely effective with. Plus if we sign Campbell we might not have the cap space for Shaw. :D

Quick

Banned
If he doesn't work out immediately, we can offer Clayton Stoner to help with the defense.

This could work out pretty...

TPq71sN.gif

...hey wait a minute, I play NHL 16 and Clayton Stoner is a shitty player!

Syrinx

Yes please. Id love to have Campbell back now that his cap hit isnt 7+. Itd let Keith/Seabrook pair up again which would help both and Hjalmarsson would have a guy back that he was extremely effective with. Plus if we sign Campbell we might not have the cap space for Shaw. :D
You'll get another year of Roszival and like it.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Andersen is a #1 goalie and anybody arguing otherwise needs some kind of zroid-level squiggly chart that nobody understands to prove it.

Top Bottom