• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Samyy

Oh shit, Dineen is ranked 72nd? I didn't think there would be that great a chance he'd be available with our 3rd :O
Goddammit is it Friday yet???

Cats working tonight to get a deal with Yandle. Montoya, Campbell not coming back. They also flat out said not drafting a goalie.

Yandle's bro is also a scout for the Cats.

Cake Boss

Banned
Watching Penis McKenzie's draft rankings just proves how inept CBC/Rogers is, they had Andi Petrello reading stupid tweets during intermissions in a hockey game, while now she's hosting TSN hockey panels and is a host of Leafs Lunch. But its okay they have Healy, PJ Stock and Maclean talking Hockey.

Talent evaluation, how does it work? /Rogers.

Watching Penis McKenzie's draft rankings just proves how inept CBC/Rogers is, they had Andi Petrello reading stupid tweets during intermissions in a hockey game, while now she's hosting TSN hockey panels and is a host of Leafs Lunch. But its okay they have Healy, PJ Stock and Maclean talking Hockey.

Talent evaluation, how does it work? /Rogers.

Yes,a couple of 4th liners like Kypreos and Stock and a Shit Tier Goalie like Healy know things about hockey. Rogers come the fuck on. There's gotta be better people than them

Samyy

Well yeah I prefer Sergachev, but there's a chance he's gone by 9. Bean's offensive potential is intriguing, and I'd take him over the "safe" pick that is Chychrun.

Assuming Sergachev goes before 9, 1 of Keller/Nylander/Juolevi should be available as well.

Cake Boss

Banned
Clb7wZRWIAAvHt7.jpg

MMMYYYYYY LIIIEEEGGGEEE HAVING DINNER WITH MYYYYY PHAAAAGOOOOFFF.

For desert, Phagoof served his famous family styled churnover ice cream.

Quick

Banned
Restarted my search for a new car, and I'm looking through a couple of car manufacturer websites, and these websites are really shitty.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Think it was worth it in what we gave away for him?

If he stayed, I would say absolutely yes.

Since it was just basically one good season, I would say no. If Dylan McIlrath can turn into a reliably contributing "every night" defenseman, though, at least it would have some lasting value, since McIlrath spent basically the entire season apprenticing under Yandle's tutelage. Even then, it almost certainly won't outweigh what we lost in Anthony Duclair, let alone the draft picks that we're involved. But hey, at least we kept Chris Summers!

The Marty St. Louis deal also had a similar sort of lingering effect with how much Mats Zuccarello learned from him, too.

The only one of the recent deadline deals that I would say was a true and complete bust was the Eric Staal deal. We got absolutely nothing out of that, and we lost Saarela in the process.

Cake Boss

Banned
Restarted my search for a new car, and I'm looking through a couple of car manufacturer websites, and these websites are really shitty.

Post your budget, what features you are looking for and its main use for this vehicle. I love car buying, I'll try n help.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yess the new Mazda 3 is amazing. Great value. Great everyday car, nice styling compared to that monstrosity that is the new civic/accord hybrid, great fuel economy and really fun to drive. If you can afford it maybe a Mazda 6 too :)

What happen to repairing the other one?

I have a 2007 G35 and while the engines been running like a top it's been full of the squeaky bullshit issues that drive me nuts. Brakes and suspension especially. So I would recommend not that lol

Quick

Banned
Post your budget, what features you are looking for and its main use for this vehicle. I love car buying, I'll try n help.

My ceiling is probably at $30,000. I could push to $34,000 depending on financing options.

I haven't locked into anything in terms of features other than a good dash entertainment system and heated seats. In terms of performance, I'm not looking to race this car, but I don't want to drive a turtle either lol.

Get a Mazda3. It's cheap(ish) and great.

Yep, it's pretty good. I've driven it a few times and a friend owns one too. I was looking into this or a Ford sedan (Focus or Fusion).

Quick

Banned
What happen to repairing the other one?

I have a 2007 G35 and while the engines been running like a top it's been full of the squeaky bullshit issues that drive me nuts. Brakes and suspension especially. So I would recommend not that lol

I keep running into issues with it (albeit small) and it has a ton of mileage (almost 300k in 10 years). My engine is beginning to be a cause of concern, but my mechanic isn't too worried about it just yet.

While it still seems to run fine, I figured it wouldn't hurt looking at other options as well.

Cake Boss

Banned
My ceiling is probably at $30,000. I could push to $34,000 depending on financing options.

I haven't locked into anything in terms of features other than a good dash entertainment system and heated seats. In terms of performance, I'm not looking to race this car, but I don't want to drive a turtle either lol.

Yep, it's pretty good. I've driven it a few times and a friend owns one too. I was looking into this or a Ford sedan (Focus or Fusion).

Honestly your best bet is the Mazda 3, other cars to look more into in the same class is the Cruze, drives pretty smooth, always use it as my rental car cuz its very comfortable and sometimes a fun car to drive, good standard features for media playability, and the new elantra has features that come standard like Androidauto and applecar play and heated sets. The car that apparently has the best dash entertainment is the Dodge Dart, it looks good but it doesn't drive as well as the Mazda or the civic.

Avoid Sentra, Lancer and Forte.

Top Bottom