• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
We've got our first lifelong!

Works for me. I have no allegiance to a hockey team anywhere else so there is finally a team I can root for. Next up, MLS. pls.

Whatever happens, please don't let the Raiders (fans) inside the city limits.

Was going to invite him in here but it's not like he has anything to talk about until they start hiring management.

Line_HTX

OMG, I just read their reasoning for deferring Quebec City's application.

Geographic balance and TANKING CANADIAN DOLLAR!!

Trudeau didn't recover fast enough. Time to blame him, mwa hahaha

;P

calder

Queso the White Knight of the Black Knights, defending the honor of desert hockey everywhere :p

Not going to lie, he's been doing a great job of it. Nice to see, I think some of us are being a overly cynical of Vega's chances here. They'll have a good venue with a long favourable lease and a solid head start to a decent team instead of being gimped by a terrible expansion draft and shaky lease, so right there the team should do just fine for the short-medium term. They have a rich, very engaged owner and a good sized market with some upside, frankly they are a much better choice than a city like Seattle in most ways.

Terrible hour for Italians living in Quebec.

Italy don't care. We're already through with nothing to play for. Besides Ireland is through (and facing France no less) so I can't complain that much.

OMG, I just read their reasoning for deferring Quebec City's application.

Geographic balance and TANKING CANADIAN DOLLAR!!

Trudeau didn't recover fast enough. Time to blame him, mwa hahaha

;P

Oh no no Line don't you see? This is all part of the plan to make sure Carolina moves to Quebec when Las Vegas starts playing at a much cheaper rate. Then they can wait for Seattle to get their shit together with the new arena and add them as the 32nd team. Quebec gets a team again, the conferences are even once more, everyone that's not a Carolina fan is happy. It's brilliant I tell you, genius I say!

Only being half serious.

Merguson

Banned
You know, based on that expansion tool, the Leafs could use some forward upgrades just so they have something worth protecting, lol.

I have Kadri.. JVR.. and.. who? Komarov? Bozak? Brown? Leipsic? Meh.

Gardiner and Rielly for sure. Would be nice to have a 3rd guy. Went with Carrick if we don't do any upgrades this summer.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
You know, based on that expansion tool, the Leafs could use some forward upgrades just so they have something worth protecting, lol.

Gardiner and Rielly for sure. Would be nice to have a 3rd guy. Went with Carrick.

we have like 8 NHL ready prospects that are auto protected

in terms of forwards... we need a top 6 LW only at the moment

Holiday

Banned
Not going to lie, he's been doing a great job of it. Nice to see, I think some of us are being a overly cynical of Vega's chances here. They'll have a good venue with a long favourable lease and a solid head start to a decent team instead of being gimped by a terrible expansion draft and shaky lease, so right there the team should do just fine for the short-medium term. They have a rich, very engaged owner and a good sized market with some upside, frankly they are a much better choice than a city like Seattle in most ways.
I'm excited to see how they do, there arena set up looks great. Hopefully they can get a good squad off the bat (and keep the Kings out of the playoffs soon).

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
31 teams just feels so uneven, then again I'm super OCD.

On a more personal matter, I managed to complete a small collection of (terrible) poems!

Stars news has been slow...

Yawnier

Banned

Gardiner and Rielly for sure. Would be nice to have a 3rd guy. Went with Carrick if we don't do any upgrades this summer.

They're gonna protect Brown and Leipsic, they are both nearing on NHL ready and are legit top 6/9 fwd prospects. Babcock in particular loves Brown. Not to mention they are both cost controlled as well.

zroid

Banned

Any team with an arena which is 100% privately funded is ok in my books

yyzjohn

Banned

They were saying on Overdrive that guys like Nylander, Brown and Kapanen might need to be protected as their going into they're 3rd year pro.

zroid

Banned
They were saying on Overdrive that guys like Nylander, Brown and Kapanen might need to be protected as their going into they're 3rd year pro.

It's already been confirmed Nylander and Kapanen will be exempt.

The rule is that if you're age 19 or under, the only way to accrue a "pro season" is by playing 10 NHL games. Kapanen as of now has 0 pro seasons, Nylander has 1.

yyzjohn

Banned
It's already been confirmed Nylander and Kapanen will be exempt.

The rule is that if you're age 19 or under, the only way to accrue a "pro season" is by playing 10 NHL games. Kapanen as of now has 0 pro seasons, Nylander has 1.

Overdrive failed me. Fire Hayes

yyzjohn

Banned
There job is to literally be informed on stuff like this like how dont they know that - that info has been out there for a while.

Guess until it was official that expansion was happening they didn't care about it. Probably talk about it tomorrow.

CllxbOoWkAE9j2T.jpg

Dem liver spots.

Ghost was basically the only reason the Flyers made it to the playoffs. I still think the Hawks would of easily done well enough for the playoffs without Panarin.

Top Bottom