• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

calder

The 4th and Draisaitl is steep, assuming you love Draisaitl as much as the Oilers still must, but not that steep. If they had offered Subban for the 4th and any of their slightly
older first round picks I'd say the Oilers would accept instantly.

Draisaitl is 20 years old, had 50pts in the his first season and still projects as a potential #1 centre (ignoring the depth chart obviously), that's pretty damn good.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This Bergevin conference should be hilarious, I'm tempted to leave work so I can listen to it.

calder

That said, the Oilers should offer that 4th to the Jets for Trouba. A much, much more reasonable cost for a young top pairing RHD. Just a total win-win-win for everyone!

extra win for us when we flip the 4th and a pick for the 3rd and walk out of Buffalo with a pair of elite Finnish wingers

dem

I think its a fairly even trade given PK's contract...

I think the Chia will be very reluctant to give up Draisaitl though. The Oilers have waited a long time for a big body @ center.

In some ways Hall is easier to give up... if they can sign Lucic.

imBask

Banned
here's my prediction for the press conference :

-Bergevin says top 6 are hard to find and trades don't happen
-Oilers trade a big name, or Malkin gets traded next week

Red_Man

Doubt we see any movement between Vancouver and Montreal after Benning opening his mouth today, probably a lot of GMs will be hesitant to speak with a guy who admits to tampering on the radio.

Red_Man

It doesn't bother me that Bergevin is listening, if the Oilers or any other team is desperate enough to offer something like Hal + 1st + Nurse / Khlefbom you have to seriously think about it. I don't think anyone would offer that, but listening doesn't hurt. Big difference between listening to offers and actively shopping a player.

If Subban's getting traded and Edmonton wants him Prepare to pay

ALOT.

RNH/Hall/Eberle/ and their 1st rounder so we can draft Dubois and keep our 9th so we can draft Sergachev. Maybe we will throw in Pacioretty and Plekanec.

zroid

Banned
The Elliote Friedman look

ClqclNTWkAAsBgq.jpg

zroid

Banned
@GeorgesLaraque

Someone around the Oilers organization just confirmed to me that the Canadiens asked for Draisaitl and the 4 pick for Subban!
2:20 PM - 23 Jun 2016

That's it? I would do that easily if I were the Oilers.

Oilers would have done that on the spot if they actually offered it, and I'm pretty sure If the deal was with Edmonton it would start with Hall, not another centre.

yeah there has to be something else

Foggy

That said, the Oilers should offer that 4th to the Jets for Trouba. A much, much more reasonable cost for a young top pairing RHD. Just a total win-win-win for everyone!

extra win for us when we flip the 4th and a pick for the 3rd and walk out of Buffalo with a pair of elite Finnish wingers

4th+pick for 3rd? Don't be insulting.

Throw in Kane's shower soaked jersey and you got a deal

Stasis

Everyone I'm speaking to here doesn't want it to happen/says it never will.

I kinda want it to just for the potential meltdown, but at the same time MTL has some good D prospects coming in and they could a fucking king's ransom for Subby right now... if I were a fan of the Habs I wouldn't be upset with that I don't think.

MB is having a press conference very soon.

at 5:30 ET.

9f3de4528cdb422c4054661ed154e9d9b782d674.gif

God Help us All......

Everyone I'm speaking to here doesn't want it to happen/says it never will.

I kinda want it to just for the potential meltdown, but at the same time MTL has some good D prospects coming in and they could a fucking king's ransom for Subby right now... if I were a fan of the Habs I wouldn't be upset with that I don't think.

I'm going to be very upset.

calder

4th+pick for 3rd? Don't be insulting.

Throw in Kane's shower soaked jersey and you got a deal

The 3rd pick you guys don't really want that bad anyway for the 4th (and a chance to take the centre you really want without ppl freaking out) and some random kid we have sitting around...
Jack+Roslovic+2015+NHL+Draft+Round+One+a2ZD_EE0fJ-l.jpg

"Oh god, I hope Foggy saves me and brings me home to Columbus in a blockbuster trade next year at the draft!"

Actually, that's so generous I feel like the Jackets should throw in a second or third rounder next year as well - Roslovic *was* a first round pick too.

I know I don't post here as much so sabres fan if you didn't know. My thought was when the sabres got ror, it was seen as a joke here. Still thought that way? Seems pretty good in retrosspect.

calder

Fuck you Winnipeg Laine wants to play for us
ClpwWioWEAA9T3z.jpg

He can catch the occasional game, it's not a bad roadtrip to Target Field.

For the life of me I couldn't remember what the C on that logo stood for. Had to google it. And no, I'm not saying, I hope it bothers someone else too and they have to look it up.

Top Bottom