• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Yeah you have to remember the Canucks picked 6th in that draft so they were offering Garrison and Shinkaruk (at the time their 2nd best prospect behind Horvat) for the chance to move up.

Also Garrison had 7 goals and 33 points during the Torts year: tops among Canucks' defenceman. So he wasn't exactly washed up or a bust.

It probably needed another player though. Maybe Hansen.

264KVJk.png

...know when to walk away

15 more days until we find out.

zroid

Banned
Suppose Arizona wants to trade for Matthews. What's their equivalent of the Tampa package?

Strome + 1st (probably 7th or 8th overall) + ??

Perlini maybe?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
And just found out my dad has Parkinson's. That broke me.

Sorry to hear that Soc. My uncle, who is basically my dad, has Parkinson's. He's doing okay with the meds. Though he new neurologist thinks he might now have it but some other neurological disorder.

Cake Boss

Banned
Just listened to Marc Crawford on the Ottawa radio, came away very impressed with him, doesn't seem like the old hard ass that got him fired, seems like he learned a thing or too from Swiss league.

Silexx

Just listened to Marc Crawford on the Ottawa radio, came away very impressed with him, doesn't seem like the old hard ass that got him fired, seems like he learned a thing or too from Swiss league.

Did they ask him if he'd put Babby in the shootout?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'd be ecstatic with 1st or 2nd. Slight disappointment with 3rd. Moderate to high disappointment with 4th or 5th. Would curse the world with 6th, but repeatedly mutter that it's what I expected.

Can we even come in 4th or 5th? I thought it was either 1st, 2nd, 3rd (if we win one of the three picks) or 6th (if we win neither of the 3)

edit: nvm that's only if all teams winning would be behind us, I'm an idiot

good!

Quick

Banned
More tales from Quick's workplace:

Got an email from one of my co-workers complaining about me yesterday, copying my boss. Said I don't send her files and information at a timely manner, making her stay late to get her job done. I was talking to her the other day and everything was fine, no problems, so that email caught me off-guard. Not sure what changed overnight.

I update everyone I work with when everything has been given the OK by my boss, VP, and relevant parties.

My boss hasn't responded at all (busy the entire day), but I think we're on the same wavelength in that we'll be discussing it shortly.

/RANT

Socreges

Banned

Got an email from one of my co-workers complaining about me yesterday, copying my boss. Said I don't send her files and information at a timely manner, making her stay late to get her job done. I was talking to her the other day and everything was fine, no problems, so that email caught me off-guard. Not sure what changed overnight.

I update everyone I work with when everything has been given the OK by my boss, VP, and relevant parties.

My boss hasn't responded at all (busy the entire day), but I think we're on the same wavelength in that we'll be discussing it shortly.

/RANT
I hate your workplace.

How old are you?

/RANT

Time to start shitting out emails at every turn. Everything time stamped, talk to someone in person? Shoot them an email right after.*

Requires effort you may or may not want to invest in.

Quick

Banned
only if youre <18

I read this as "only if you're under 18 <3"

I hate your workplace.

How old are you?

Mid-20s.

I've had my issues here in the year I've been here. I figured it's just typical workplace stuff, but it's just getting more ridiculous.

Time to start shitting out emails at every turn. Everything time stamped, talk to someone in person? Shoot them an email right after.*

Requires effort you may or may not want to invest in.

Funny enough, I do this for the most part. I got email chains that show that I provide her with everything she needs. I trusted her to be organized on her end, and I've said multiple times to ask me for help if she needs it, and if I can help, I will.

Socreges

Banned
Quick, you should just keep doing what you're doing and not take it to heart. If you've got protocol and facts to defend yourself, calmly and diplomatically explain it in an email response. Or, if that would only aggravate things, just ensure your boss understands the situation. Unless it's petty; in which case maybe it's best ignored.

Who knows what motivated her. And maybe she regrets it by now.

Btw I asked your age because I suspect being a bit younger could impact how restrained people are in their responses. Another reason not to take it personally. Not much you can you do about that but pay your dues.

I had a shitty day myself. Between the house stuff and family stuff, I've fallen behind at work. My boss was clearly disappointed in me. Didn't matter what the explanation was or how I'd tried to work from home during my few spare hours - my delinquency was beginning to affect one of the projects internally (the one he'd just handed off to me) and he was just reacting to that. All I could do was apologize, kinda awkwardly, and promise to myself that I'd do better next week and hopefully get some redemption. People tend to gain perspective in hindsight. Hopefully time improves things for us.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So my girlfriend broke up with me... At the same time I was sending another girl unsolicited dick van dyke pics

Quick

Banned
Thanks Soc. That's the best thing I've read all week regarding this.

It felt petty as hell and I don't know what motivated her to even do that. In any case, this'll come up I'm sure. I've done everything within protocol and orders from superiors, I have my side. Perhaps she's had her own issues brewing.

I think it's just been a funny week.

I've had a shitty two months on a personal level. Work and all this office politics is beginning to wear down on me.

Re: your dad. I feel you Soc.

I had a similar experience, and it weighed down on me a little. It didn't feel right being at work.

Things got better eventually. All we can do is do what we do and just hope for a better day. I hope things get better for you soon, as well.

Socreges

Banned
So my girlfriend broke up with me... At the same time I was sending another girl unsolicited dick van dyke pics
Why would you share that with us? What is wrong with you?

Thanks Soc. That's the best thing I've read all week regarding this.

It felt petty as hell and I don't know what motivated her to even do that. In any case, this'll come up I'm sure. I've done everything within protocol and orders from superiors, I have my side. Perhaps she's had her own issues brewing.

I think it's just been a funny week.

I've had a shitty two months on a personal level. Work and all this office politics is beginning to wear down on me.

Re: your dad. I feel you Soc.

I had a similar experience, and it weighed down on me a little. It didn't feel right being at work.

Things got better eventually. All we can do is do what we do and just hope for a better day. I hope things get better for you soon, as well.
Having a weekend to chill (and catch up on work) will do me some good. No house hunting necessary for the first time since January or so, too.

Read the bit about your dad before the edit. Must have been tough. We all cope differently, that's for sure.

Cake Boss

Banned

/RANT

Attach a read receipt with those emails from now on, if your using outlook. And create a sub folder of all the emails that your sending out so that its properly organized, anyone asks you can just pull the date n time of those emails quickly.

Too bad you don't live in Ottawa, my department is looking for someone, its only a casual 90 business day contracts though :/ I could easily recommend you since you seem to have the work ethic of a good Orleans boy

Aluminum. I suspect. It definitely isn't knob and tube, which I think was defunct by the time the house was built.

Ah, so this place was built in the 50/60s? I think that's when they were using aluminum. I don't know what the regulations are like in BC, but IIRC from when I was looking into doing something with two aluminum lines in my last house they can crimp the ends with a different connector that will effectively solve the problem. Save you having to run all the wiring again. If I recall correctly, the problem with aluminum is that the ends corrode when they touch other metals for too long?

What? Why?

Who knew, the way to stop caring about the shitty Avs situation altogether was just having access to Overwatch this whole time. That game is incredible.
I've been using Halo 5 as escapism from the Avs for a while. As far as multiplayer goes it's my favorite Halo. You're late to the party for distractions, I'd like to try Overwatch, but $60 for a MP only shooter is bad, don't like that trend at all. At least Overwatch gets free maps, unlike Battlefront which has an expensive season pass on top of its entry fee.

Sunset Overdrive is free this month might give that a go, looks pretty fun.

This Microsoft-centric post has been brought to you by Heretic.

I've been using Halo 5 as escapism from the Avs for a while. As far as multiplayer goes it's my favorite Halo. You're late to the party for distractions, I'd like to try Overwatch, but $60 for a MP only shooter is bad, don't like that trend at all. At least Overwatch gets free maps, unlike Battlefront which has an expensive season pass on top of its entry fee.

The game is $40 USD.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Lol

Hate how expensive the season pass is for BF

Top Bottom