• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Yea, Marner does look like a more talented player than Domi. I'm not sure he needs another OHL season to 'mature' or whatever.

That however might just be the starved-for-talent Leafs fan in me talking.

Yawnier

Banned
I say screw it and bring bracco up

Leafs need to see if he should go OHL or AHL next year

Also marner is ridiculous

I can see Bracco getting another year in the OHL. Not necessarily because he deserves it or anything, but leafs management will wait as long as they can to give him his ELC. They will want a bit of flexibility towards the 50 contract limit

Is Marner playing centre these days or is he on the wing?

Wing, he played less than 15 games at center this season

Socreges

Banned
What a day

Managed to convince (we think) the sellers to take care of the Lucas Asbestos as an amendment on the contract while we'd deal with the ventilation/electrical. Felt like a Horton/Clarkson trade.

And just found out my dad has Parkinson's. That broke me.

Socreges

Banned
Yea, Marner does look like a more talented player than Domi. I'm not sure he needs another OHL season to 'mature' or whatever.

Marner is a pretty awesome prospect. I feel like you can't get that kind of talent at #4 this year, unfortunately. Canucks chose a poor year to finish so low.

yyzjohn

Banned
What a day

Managed to convince (we think) the sellers to take care of the Lucas Asbestos as an amendment on the contract while we'd deal with the ventilation/electrical. Felt like a Horton/Clarkson trade.

Really sorry to hear that Soc, I can relate. :(

yyzjohn

Banned

Marner needs to bulk up in some way. He can't play in the NHL at the weight he's currently at.

What a day

Man I'm sorry to hear that Soc. :(

As for the house, you'd probably rather be dealing with the electrical. Is it knob and tube or aluminum wiring?

Marner needs to bulk up in some way. He can't play in the NHL at the weight he's currently at.

He looks small in the O too but he's getting it done. When I saw him last week, Hunter had him playing the point during the power play. I thought that was interesting, must trust him a lot.

What a day

Oh shit. Im really sorry to hear. Best wishes to you and your family.

Parch

Same height but I doubt the weight. I'd say Marner is a good 10-15lbs lighter than Kane.
The type of player that can look great in junior but gets neutralized in the NHL.
Not saying he'll be a bust, but superstar expectations should be reeled in.

Of course Marner is lighter than Kane: He's 9 years younger, and he's not even in his 20s. Does anyone actually think he's not going to add 10 lbs between now and the time he's 27?

The type of player that can look great in junior but gets neutralized in the NHL.

Who is the comparable you're thinking of here? RNH?

A couple of Phil's pre-lunch meals and he'll make up the difference easy

12054841_f520.jpg

What a day

Sorry to hear man.

Re: Asbestos

If the current owner is fixing it, make sure they provide the company doing it and they licensed and bonded to do the work. I'm not sure on the specifics of Canadian housing regulation but they should have a certification list for dealing with it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
What a day

Shit, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

yyzjohn

Banned
Of course Marner is lighter than Kane: He's 9 years younger, and he's not even in his 20s. Does anyone actually think he's not going to add 10 lbs between now and the time he's 27?

Who is the comparable you're thinking of here? RNH?

Yeah I know, Kane is a man and Marner is still just a teenager. Can't expect him to step into the NHL soon despite the fact he's slaying it in junior. He'll get bigger and stronger for sure but who knows how quickly. I don't expect him in the NHL next season.

Soc :(

As dubbed said make sure they have a licensed contractor do the work. The problem with asbestos is when it's broken up and in the air; proper containment is needed. I forget how they separate the "levels" but in Ontario anyways it can go from as simple as having a vacuum system to having to tarp up and have decontamination areas.

Marner skillwise looks ready to at least make the jump and continue to improve his game (he looks more like he's toying with his opponents some nights...) but I'm worried about him getting steamrolled physically D:

Socreges

Banned
So much heart. I know other people here like Dubbed have mentioned their parents having health issues. I hope I commiserated at the time because it does help

Spoke to my dad just now. He hates talking about stuff like that. So we spoke about how his house probably has Lucas Asbestos too but he's just going to ignore it. Bury it in the AHL so to speak

Really sorry to hear that Soc, I can relate. :(
Your father, too? It's more common than I thought,at least speaking anecdotally.

Man I'm sorry to hear that Soc. :(

As for the house, you'd probably rather be dealing with the electrical. Is it knob and tube or aluminum wiring?
Aluminum. I suspect. It definitely isn't knob and tube, which I think was defunct by the time the house was built.

Sorry to hear man.

Re: Asbestos

If the current owner is fixing it, make sure they provide the company doing it and they licensed and bonded to do the work. I'm not sure on the specifics of Canadian housing regulation but they should have a certification list for dealing with it.
Good points. That's all sorted and now part of the contract, thankfully. :)

Chris Nichols
‏@NicholsOnHockey
Friedman believes when #TBLightning tried to trade up to get #FlaPanthers' pick (2014/Ekblad), offer was Vasilevskiy, Drouin & their 1st.

Chris Nichols
‏@NicholsOnHockey
Friedman believes when #Canucks tried to trade up to get #FlaPanthers' pick (2014/Ekblad), offer was Garrison, Shinkaruk & their 1st

Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 12m12 minutes ago
Friedman: "Florida has privately admitted that when Tampa Bay made that offer, they had to think about it." #FlaPanthers #TBLightning

Tampa one is good, Vancouver is lollerskates, still though would want Ekblad over both offers.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Father in law. Although my own father had other health issues before he passed. Never an easy thing to go through, but support of family and friends helps a lot.

Both my mom's parents had Alzheimer's and both my mom and me did genetic testing and have the risk allele that raises our odds to around 30% for developing AD. I dread the day I start seeing symptoms everywhere.

I hope your father-in law is comparatively well.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ekblad is really good, but... if this is true, how are they supposed to justify the pricetag they were presumably trying to put on Drouin if he's worth 1/3 of Ekblad?

You don't understand how value works.

Just because he's in a package with a first rounder doesn't mean that a first rounder is the same value as him or Valeskie. And the break up of that is 1/3 each. If it was a 7th rounder instead of a 1st, would you think that the first rounder has 1/3 of that package value? Nope son.

Go home and be a family man.

imBask

Banned
You don't understand how value works.

Just because he's in a package with a first rounder doesn't mean that a first rounder is the same value as him or Valeskie. And the break up of that is 1/3 each. If it was a 7th rounder instead of a 1st, would you think that the first rounder has 1/3 of that package value? Nope son.

Go home and be a family man.

well I mean, I know it's not LITERALLY 1/3 lol

but they we're ready to give Drouin (a 1st pick) PLUS Vasaisisaislsaisky (another 1st pick) PLUSSSS another real 1st pick on top of that for a higher 1st pick

i'm just saying, people keep hammering that Drouin is worth a 1st + a couple of players...

it goes to show what Drouin's value is amongst GMs

basically what i'm trying to say

Socreges

Banned
Tampa one is good, Vancouver is lollerskates, still though would want Ekblad over both offers.
1st = Virtanen, Nylander or Ehlers
Garrison = Garrison... or a 2nd rounder, which is what we got for him
Shinkaruk = potential top 6 scorer but a bit ???

It's not a terrible offer to put forward, but it would never get accepted. And yeah it begins to look silly next to that Tampa offer. I'm actually surprised the Panthers turned that down, but it goes to show what Drouin's value is amongst GMs

Top Bottom