• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

zroid

Banned
wdK87OU.png

hao chi

I want Phoenix to get Matthews to be honest.

A good Phoenix team means there is a less likely chance that the Kings beat their way into the playoffs.

Plus that franchise kinda deserves it.

Honestly, recently I kind of find myself leaning towards wanting Laine on the Coyotes.

Though since we're the Coyotes we're more likely to move down a spot in the draft than win one of the lotteries.

Then to really rub it in, Winnipeg will draft 1st overall.

zroid

Banned
This is pretty cool

CgS1dHtVIAA9KGi.jpg:large

Three guesses who the 23rd player on that 2010 Chicago roster is. The one responsible for that precipitous drop in GAR.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This is pretty cool

CgS1dHtVIAA9KGi.jpg:large

Three guesses who the 23rd player on that 2010 Chicago roster is. The one responsible for that precipitous drop in GAR.

I have absolutely 0 idea what this graph is trying to show

Are GAF bans like NHL bans where they keep getting more and more severe if you have a history? Cake's been banned before if I remember correctly.

It depends on the reason why you get banned mainly. Like sir bat got banned like 2 days after his other ban was up but was only banned for like a couple weeks again

zroid

Banned
I have absolutely 0 idea what this graph is trying to show
Goals Above Replacement is hockey WAR

the cumulative WAR of every player on the roster

you might be interested to know that Vancouver team would have been 3rd highest on this chart if they had won ;P

GAR?

What the heck is GAR? Goals Above Replacement, I guess, but what's the formula?

they explain it somewhere on war-on-ice.com

hao chi

You're more likely to be moved to another city because you're the Coyotes, but being the Coyotes doesn't impact your odds. You're more likely to move down than win because those are the odds.

I've already seen the odds. The fact of the matter is that both times the Coyotes finished second worst, another team below them in the standings won the lottery. At this point I expect to get fucked by the lottery, and standing put where we are is a best case scenario.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
What I find frustrating with games like the Division and Destiny is that once your levels are out of sync you cant really play with friends.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Goals Above Replacement is hockey WAR

the cumulative WAR of every player on the roster

you might be interested to know that Vancouver team would have been 3rd highest on this chart if they had won ;P

they explain it somewhere on war-on-ice.com

......what's a WAR?

Merguson

Banned
It's when angry people get guns and shoot at each other for a couple years

War is a state of armed conflict between societies. It is generally characterized by extreme collective aggression, destruction, and usually high mortality. An absence of war is usually called "peace". Total war is warfare that is not restricted to purely legitimate military targets, and can result in massive civilian or other non-combatant casualties.

makes sense

imBask

Banned
2 articles about Subban talking Stamkos into coming to Montreal this morning. Keep hammering it media outlets, it's your job, you're our only hope

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
2 articles about Subban talking Stamkos into coming to Montreal this morning. Keep hammering it media outlets, it's your job, you're our only hope
We can't afford to have all of Subban, Price and Stamkos on the roster.

Silexx

Maybe PK is trying to talk Stamkos into signing with the Habs in order to force Bergevin to trade him (Subban).

In other news, Luke Richardson is leaving the Sens organization to pursue a new opportunity. I'm hearing possibly to Columbus as a new assistant coach?

imBask

Banned

Penguins have 4 players over 7M, Hawks have 2 at over 10M and seabrook at 7, we can do it too

Plekanec and Emelin are disposable as fuck and they would cover for the cost of Stamkos, DD is at 3.5, Eller is at 3.5, Gilbert is at 3, Pacioretty is at 4.5 and can go fuck himself

we have pleeenty of disposable losers to cover for a true #1 center

and also I wanna win now, our future looks like shit so let's go all in

Silexx

Cake Boss has told me that his ban is week long and shall return next Monday. Also there may have been something about tattletales needing suture points, but I'm not completely sure.

Quick

Banned
Cake Boss has told me that his ban is week long and shall return next Monday. Also there may have been something about tattletales needing suture points, but I'm not completely sure.

What are the chances that Bish probably just passed through and saw his posts anyway?

Unless a mod or someone told him he was reported.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
It's when angry people get guns and shoot at each other for a couple years

makes sense

WAR never changes..

WAR, HOO, YEAH

WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR? Absolutely Nothing!

http://youtu.be/dQHUAJTZqF0

UolzIAq.gif

WAR is Wins Above Replacement. It's a metric in baseball that measures how valuable one player is on a team.

http://www.fangraphs.com/library/misc/war/

CgS-fquUUAAr8V5.jpg

https://twitter.com/mikeFAIL/status/721911334569250816

THANK YOU

zroid

Banned
lol. maybe that Wings fan he was arguing with last night?

Silexx

lol. maybe that Wings fan he was arguing with last night?

I think it's evident that his posts from the playoff thread are what did him in. I think Cake Boss believes someone reported him, but I don't know exactly how the hammer came down. I was just making a joke is all. :p

Top Bottom