• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pretty sure there's another faux-daddy in NHLGAF

Wasn't it Heretic?

On that note, where the fuck IS Heretic?

eyeless

watchin zaitsev in game 7 of khl cup final they're down 2-1 in the third 2 mins left

wherever he's gonna sign if it's the leafs or wherever i wonder if he can sign like tomorrow or when will that happen i wonder, dunno the rules

fucckkk he just had a chance dat was close

zroid

Banned
watchin zaitsev in game 7 of khl cup final they're down 2-1 in the third 2 mins left

wherever he's gonna sign if it's the leafs or wherever i wonder if he can sign like tomorrow or when will that happen i wonder, dunno the rules

guess i'll watch this, nothing better to do

edit: lol which CSKA defender bungled that

Quick

Banned

lol 3-1 now. Under 30 seconds left.

zroid

Banned
Sad radulov is sad

edit: but happy Semin is happy :)

lol wasn't there some dummy complaining about how Americans aren't spelling Semin's name properly, it should've been Syomin or something. Well he still spells it Semin in the fuckin' KHL bro.

eyeless

they had good chances near the end there with zaitsev in on it

he faked the shot went around a defender then a pass to the front of the net for a nice look then got the puck and had a shot

o well that's that sign with the leafs now pls

Sad radulov is sad

lol wasn't there some dummy complaining about how Americans aren't spelling Semin's name properly, it should've been Syomin or something. Well he still spells it Semin in the fuckin' KHL bro.

I'm glad it worked out for him. I'm saddened he didn't work in Montreal.

Pretty sure there's another faux-daddy in NHLGAF

Wasn't it Heretic?

On that note, where the fuck IS Heretic?

Making Xbox great again.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lehkonen is leading the SHL playoffs in goals and points

Bueno, can't wait to see him at camp next season

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
It's the same team, Springfield Mass. That's quite a ways from the desert.

Wow, that AHL has been there for 80 years? First team played there in 1936. Feel awful for the fans there though. Hopefully another team will move in.

I wouldn't be surprised if the SCHL puts a team there as they did with Norfolk, Adirondack, Manchester and soon Worcester.

calder

I hadn't tried the lottery simulator in a while. It was fucking garbage, in 10 tries the Jets got one 3rd overall pick and even worse often got a 7th or 8th pick. It was terrifying in it's realism. :(

Quick

Banned
I hadn't tried the lottery simulator in a while. It was fucking garbage, in 10 tries the Jets got one 3rd overall pick and even worse often got a 7th or 8th pick. It was terrifying in it's realism. :(

Just tried it out now. First attempt:

Habs
Leafs
BJs

WELP.

Sad radulov is sad

Wtf i never thought about this. Why dont they use cyrillic letters?

The usual explanation for the translations here in Sweden is that cyrillic letters are translated in different ways depending on to which language you are translating.
So Semin and Federov are the correct spellings in english.

But in Swedish it is Syomin (i think) and Fjodorov. However everyone says federov (apart from a couple of old strict commentators).

Quick

Banned
Wtf i never thought about this. Why dont they use cyrillic letters?

I'd assume it's because they're not strictly in Russia or countries that use Cyrillic.

That's with the John Scott trade fix.

KIsyeMj.gif

Weise wants to come back next season

Hmmm, I wonder why?
Q is using Mashinter over him. I'd be fucking depressed that a Well respected coach would be using a shittier player over you.He's using Weise wrong. Did Q forget that he's not the same player that he was with the Canucks? Fucking idiot coach. Q needs to learn Rispek

Pascal Laberge, of CHL Top Prospects Game fame, scores

The Habs are slotted to pick this guy in the 2nd round.

I'd assume it's because they're not strictly in Russia or countries that use Cyrillic.
]
I guess that is true but KHL is just getting worse and worse in spreading that commie propaganda.

Prospects leaving, no cyrillic letters, Moses wins a scoring title and hell even Kovaltjuk wants go leave again.

Not even Datsjuk can save them now.

Quick

Banned
I guess that is true but KHL is just getting worse and worse in spreading that commie propaganda.

Prospects leaving, no cyrillic letters, Moses wins a scoring title and hell even Kovaltjuk wants go leave again.

Not even Datsjuk can save them now.

Starting up the Beijing team will bring them back up the commie ladder.

ShaneB

Garbage TV ratings makes me kinda wish the playoffs were a one game affair. Blasphemous to think of, but obviously every game would be huge.

zroid

Banned
Garbage TV ratings makes me kinda wish the playoffs were a one game affair. Blasphemous to think of, but obviously every game would be huge.
They could do it like Champions League rules. 2 game set, winner is decided on aggregate goals, with away goals as a tiebreaker.

ShaneB

They could do it like Champions League rules. 2 game set, winner is decided on aggregate goals, with away goals as a tiebreaker.

Ehhh. I'm more thinking of it coming right off from the March Madness craziness. One insane tournament followed up by the NHL playoffs with a similar format. Hell, expand the playoff field to have more teams. Doesn't help you've got the NBA playoffs right alongside. Can't exactly compare the NHL to college basketball, but just would be kinda neat to have that same thrill for each game.

zroid

Banned
Ehhh. I'm more thinking of it coming right off from the March Madness craziness. One insane tournament followed up by the NHL playoffs with a similar format. Hell, expand the playoff field to have more teams. Doesn't help you've got the NBA playoffs right alongside. Can't exactly compare the NHL to college basketball, but just would be kinda neat to have that same thrill for each game.
Like, it'd be fun, but it'd never happen. The owners would never agree.

Socreges

Banned
Patrik 'Super Mario' Laine again held scoreless in Game 3. Sources indicate he's dropped out of many scout's top 6 lists. Hmmm.

zroid

Banned
Whoa @ the 61% drop in playoff ratings

Whoa whoa whoa

Obviously, the lack of Canadian teams plays a part, but 61%!?!?!?!
I would be curious to see how the numbers compare from year to year. 2015 had 5 Canadian teams in, so maybe a 61% drop from there isn't that bad? How do the ratings compare to 2014 when it was just MTL?

I'd wager 2 years of shockingly poor Sportsnet broadcasts have a lot to do with it. Shit's been bad.

Kave: Don't have the link but it's on the Hockey News homepage

I would be curious to see how the numbers compare from year to year. 2015 had 5 Canadian teams in, so maybe a 61% drop from there isn't that bad? How do the ratings compare to 2014 when it was just MTL?

The article doesn't mention 2014, but does say that TSN had regular season games pulling in more fans.

Of course the take is real hot, so grain of salt etc.

BC Hockey Blog – ‏@bchockeyblog1

Multiple sources indicating tonight that Thatcher Demko will sign with Vancouver.

ALSO in QMJHL Playoffs News!

THE SEADOGS BEAT THE SCREAMING EAGLES IN GAME 7. CHABOT IS THE REAL DEAL SENSGAF HOLY FUCKING SHIT IS HE GOOOD.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

ALSO in QMJHL Playoffs News!

THE SEADOGS BEAT THE SCREAMING EAGLES IN GAME 7. CHABOT IS THE REAL DEAL SENSGAF HOLY FUCKING SHIT IS HE GOOOD.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

DEMKOOOO

Okay does that mean we can get rid of Miller now or are we adding Markstrom to our bust list

Top Bottom