• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Quick

Banned
Just got invited for lunch later this week by a couple of clients.

I've been helping them the past three weeks in resolving a massive issue, and they're pretty happy to have the problem solved. It's all part of the job, but they felt that I really went above and beyond for them.

We had talked about lunch, but didn't think it was anything more than a typical conversation piece. They brought it up again at the end of our meeting today, and I couldn't say no.

Add in this great weather in Toronto so far, this has been a nice day.

Samyy

I've been helping them the past three weeks in resolving a massive issue, and they're pretty happy to have the problem solved. It's all part of the job, but they felt that I really went above and beyond for them.

We had talked about lunch, but didn't think it was anything more than a typical conversation piece. They brought it up again at the end of our meeting today, and I couldn't say no.

Nice!
I'm leaving work before 10pm today for the first time in a while so it has been a pretty good day :D

Gonna get home in time to watch the Raps embarrass themselves

Quick

Banned
This sea of purple at the Raps game in the ACC right now. So beautiful.

Should have kept the throwbacks last year as an alternate jersey.

Socreges

Banned
#1 in some hearts Patrik Laine has been held pointless in the first two games vs HIFK. Game 3 tomorrow.

Quick's VP to fire Quick for accepting favours from the client.

Quick

Banned
Quick's VP to fire Quick for accepting favours from the client.

This is what I'm afraid it's going to seem, but they say they just want to thank me. I'm set on paying for my meal, but I really have no idea how to properly handle this stuff.

And I figured if they offer up lunch again, I'll just decline or make something up.

So a girl with a kid keeps trying to get me to go out with her.... I don't like this.

I am only 22. I don't want that shit.

You are already dad.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Cake Boss has told me that his ban is week long and shall return next Monday. Also there may have been something about tattletales needing suture points, but I'm not completely sure.
That one Mod Xia was posting on the playoff thread a couple days ago, probably saw his posts and wasn't familiar with his dialect

Foggy

Single parents always ache for a good time. Be a good guy, Johnny.

Though to be real, not all single mothers are frothing at the mouth to find a paternal replacement. A lot are too tired for that process. She could just be looking for a good night out every once in a while. Hang out, see if you're both sympatico.

imBask

Banned
Dark Souls 3 might be the best Souls game. I was pretty much over this franchise and barely hyped for 3, but this game is iiiiiinnnncreeeediiiible

Coyotes Sign Agreement to Purchase Springfield Falcons AHL Franchise

GLENDALE, ARIZONA --- The Arizona Coyotes and the Springfield Falcons announced today that the two clubs have signed an agreement for the Coyotes to purchase the Falcons American Hockey League (AHL) franchise. The agreement is contingent upon AHL Board of Governor approval, finalizing closing conditions, and signing an arena lease agreement.

Once approved, the Coyotes hope to have the AHL team play at Tucson Convention Center (TCC) and are in conversations with the City and Rio Nuevo to relocate the franchise to Tucson, Arizona, beginning with the 2016-17 AHL season.

This is cool.

Where was your previous AHL team located? Because that sounds convenient.

It's the same team, Springfield Mass. That's quite a ways from the desert.

Wow, that AHL has been there for 80 years? First team played there in 1936. Feel awful for the fans there though. Hopefully another team will move in.

Curufinwe

I can't believe it was Bellemare who took a bad penalty that let to 10 minutes of total disaster. I would have had him near the bottom of the list of Flyers who would do that.

So a girl with a kid keeps trying to get me to go out with her.... I don't like this.

I am only 22. I don't want that shit.

If you're 22, you definitely shouldn't go out with a kid.

Quick

Banned
Single parents always ache for a good time. Be a good guy, Johnny.

Though to be real, not all single mothers are frothing at the mouth to find a paternal replacement. A lot are too tired for that process. She could just be looking for a good night out every once in a while. Hang out, see if you're both sympatico.

Having had a somewhat similar experience, this is probably it.

A friend of mine got pregnant at age 20. A lot of her friends ditched her because of it.

A few of us stuck around, because we're generally not assholes. I was the only guy friend she had at that point. We went to have dinners, watch movies, and just sit and talk and hang out a lot. Nothing crazy.

She was either working or at school. She was freaked out about the pregnancy, and a lot of her friends ditched her. Having a nice evening out occasionally was my way of helping her de-stress, if only a little.

Anyway, this person might just want a nice evening out. Doesn't necessarily mean she wants to date you. Unless this was made explicitly clear.

Pretty sure that rule is dead

Oh really? When did it get fixed? Saw a tweet today that Wild GM Fletcher had to give Sens permission to talk to Yeo so i thought it was still in.

Thought it was always bullshit but it would have been nice for the Wild to get something out of it

Top Bottom