• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just bring henchmen back.

And skills not locked to a specific weapon.

I miss the actual team based play where everyone had a set role. Before the expansions added too many classes, the base game was so balanced for PvP play, and Guild Wars(the mode within the game) was a pretty original concept at the time with the base defending, and flag running, etc.

steve simmonsVerified account ‏@simmonssteve 14m14 minutes ago
SOURCES: Maple Leafs met with Steven Stamkos at MLSE headquarters Tuesday. Also present: Toronto Mayor John Tory and CEO of Canadian Tire.

WPS%20Feb%20009.JPG

Dollar dollar bill ya'll.

Wouldn't mind a good mix of different types.

Okay... Let me think. I have no idea what stuff is being imported from America, craft wise.

I always recommend Ballast Point as a brewery since they are my favorite one. Some people may say they are overrated but I am trying to think of places that their beers reach a wide market instead of solely local.

So Ballast Point Sculpin. Any Iteration of it, so Grapefruit, Pineapple, or Habenero. Their Big Eye IPA is great for a straight forward one.

I am a fan of Deschuttes Twilight Ale and their Mirror Pond Pale Ale

Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale

Ayinger Hefe-Weisen, Franziskaner Hefe-Weisen or Weihenstephaner Hefe-Weisen (summery beers) Any one of these is an absolute must. If you don't get anything else I put here, try one of these.

Spaten for a good lager or Yeungling. Or Weihenstephaner makes a quality lager too. (Lagers are pretty standard imo)

If you guys can get a Houston beer try something from Karbach. So their Hopadillo is great, Sympathy for the Lager is good too, Love Street is a good summer beer

Real Ale is another Texas brewer that makes some good stuff. I would try their Devil's Backbone.

It's always hard to think of smaller breweries since I am not sure how far they ship.... This is a decent list to start.

imBask

Banned
Guild Wars 2 wasn't/isn't bad, just... kinda empty and didn't push you towards progression much. At least back when I played it.

GW2 was incredible if you were in one of the top 5 servers and got invested in WvWvW... I still feel the itch to play it again here and there

Fei

This thread is going to break when Stamkos signs with Toronto. I can't image all the line combination posts that are coming. Ugh.

Pikma

Banned
What has been happening in Turkey in the last year or so is so damn sad, I actually wanted to visit Istanbul but man I don't feel like taking such a dumb risk.

Has anyone of you been there before?

That's a good point. If you can't wash your hands in the kitchen sink from your bed, and don't have a view of a shitty movie theater from said bed, you don't know what you're missing.

Not to mention my being a parent. I can barely find the time to take a picture of my baby's food, let alone my own baby food.

yyzjohn

Banned
The mayor is weird enough, but the CEO of Canadian Tire is completely ridiculous.

Leafs have done their due diligence here. When Stamkos was a kid there were two things that motivated him in life, becoming a world class hockey player, and one day working at Canadian Tire.

imBask

Banned
This thread is going to break when Stamkos signs with Toronto. I can't image all the line combination posts that are coming. Ugh.

just wait for when he signs with Detroit because "He didn't believe in Toronto's chance and he really wants to win a cup"

Cake Boss

Banned
@TSNRyanRishaug: The chances of Hall being moved have never been greater than they are right now. The need for a defenceman is astronomical...

@TSNRyanRishaug: They may have to make a deal they know they don't win in order to fix their problems on D. Waiting for equal value hasn't worked...

@TSNRyanRishaug: #1 dmen rarely ever get moved for wingers. A #2 23 minute a night 2 way defender would be a realistic fix attainable in a Hall deal.

@TSNRyanRishaug: Hamonic would have been ideal, off market. Pietrangelo probly not moving, would NJD desperate for Off. move a core D? Severson+ or Larsson?

Hold on to your butts

Lol Ceci plus Lazar.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
No one can beat the Wings offers

George Malik ‏@georgemalik 35m35 minutes ago

Made up Tweet: Red Wings have Stamkos meet Belle Tire guy, promise Pizza Pizza for $5...

George Malik ‏@georgemalik 23m23 minutes ago

Made up Tweet: Stamkos met the Belle Tire Man and Little Caesar himself, serenaded by Eminem.

We can also give him his own Little Caesars food item... Stamkos Stix.

Fei

What has been happening in Turkey in the last year or so is so damn sad, I actually wanted to visit Istanbul but man I don't feel like taking such a dumb risk.

Has anyone of you been there before?

I'm in the same boat. I was planning a trip there next year, but now the wife is very against it. I also have a separate business trip in the fall, but my company doesn't want anyone traveling there alone now. It sucks.

just wait for when he signs with Detroit because "He didn't believe in Toronto's chance and he really wants to win a cup"

You're right, that would be worse (better).

Top Bottom