• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

I keep forgetting that Stamkos will be hitting FA again when he's just 33.

By that time we'll have a 50 team league, and he'll probably sign for 20m per.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kid Rangers are having a scrimmage this morning at Development Camp. Sounds like one squad is beating the crap out of the other. Robin Kovacs and Brandon Halverson seem to be impressing.

Mark Fischer @nhlfisch21
Buchnevich with a horrendous behind the back pass in his own zone to the other team, left two opposing guys alone. That won't impress.
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch

Cake Boss

Banned
As for Twitter, the stock app is okay, better than it was last year. I think they'll add or have already added a dark mode.

Winners go with Tweetbot on iOS though (or Twitterific). Or Fenix on Android. On Windows Phone it's all about Tweetium (right, Heretic?)

Just bought Fenix, love it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quick

Banned
Winners go with Tweetbot on iOS though (or Twitterific).

I'd be so happy if Twitter links can open right onto Tweetbot with the same functionality as the Twitter app instead of another tab on Safari if the Twitter app isn't installed. But I just tuck Twitter away into a folder and turn notifications off for it, so I don't notice it unless I need it to do the one thing I downloaded it for.

So I guess China's KHL team Ripped off the Guild Wars 2 Logo?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4qf54v/guild_wars_2_now_has_a_pro_chinese_ice_hockey_team/d4sfzfc

i1opgAO.png

yyzjohn

Banned
Some dumbass on the radio just said he's going to go in front of the bell center on friday with "We want Stamkos" signs and want people to follow him, and he's convince that could tip the scale

jesus

Bergevin looks out the window, sees the angry mob and immediately offers Stamkos $12M/year for 7 years ?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pierre LeBrun on Eric Staal:
If this were two years ago, after Eric Staal was coming off another season leading the Carolina Hurricanes in scoring, there would be big buzz about the center heading to unrestricted free agency.

As it stands, he's not listed an anyone's top-10 UFA rankings, not even top 15 on most lists, his stock plummeting the last two years as his offensive production has regressed.
At this point I wouldn't be shocked anymore if he remains a Ranger after all is said and done. Though having said that, I'm not sure where he would fit into their plans. He didn't even fit in this past season, and he really won't fit in if the objective is to get younger.

zroid

Banned
if EStaal's market value has really dropped that much, he might be a sneaky good bargain pick up for someone. He was still a strong possession driver last year, and there's obviously a lot of scoring upside coming off a down year.

Curufinwe

if EStaal's market value has really dropped that much, he might be a sneaky good bargain pick up for someone. He was still a strong possession driver last year, and there's obviously a lot of scoring upside coming off a down year.

I'd do 2 years at $3.5m

Cullen was just on the radio here in Minnesota and was asked about his buddy Eric Staal. Cullen said he actually just talked to gim last night and then accidentally let it slip that Staal is down to a handful of teams and the Wild are one of them.

If it is 1-2 years at like 3-4m a year I do not have a problem with that at all.

Cullen was just on the radio here in Minnesota and was asked about his buddy Eric Staal. Cullen said he actually just talked to gim last night and then accidentally let it slip that Staal is down to a handful of teams and the Wild are one of them.

If it is 1-2 years at like 3-4m a year I do not have a problem with that at all.

Staal as a Wild sounds alright

Foggy

Tyutin is being bough out for cap room. Also

AJ Haefele @AJHaefele
Heads up: CBJ may not be done today. CBJ and COL having conversations. Could be really good, like Atkinson, or really discouraging, like JJ.
12:20 PM - 29 Jun 2016

No idea who this jabroni is so take it with a grain of salt. Jarmo's running wild today, must be wanting a 4 day weekend to celebrate this wonderful nation's freedom.

Justin Fisher (ex-Leafs blogger) shitting on Buffalo on Twitter and getting Buffalonians all pissy is the best. They don't realize that by replying they're just encouraging him.

Quick

Banned
Justin Fisher (ex-Leafs blogger) shitting on Buffalo on Twitter and getting Buffalonians all pissy is the best. They don't realize that by replying they're just encouraging him.

I just took a quick peek.

https://twitter.com/thejustinfisher/status/748208496273985536

https://twitter.com/thejustinfisher/status/748208597591531520

LOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

OLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

A post-lawn-mowing beer is maybe one of the finer things of the summer. Cheers NHL-GAF!

I was up north all weekend hanging out by a lake. I want to go back. Probably just stay there all summer.

But for real, today might be ideal lawn mowing weather. Nice and cloudy with a breeze.

Drive to montreal and we'll enjoy some of the best local microbrewery IPAs in the game

I really want to try some Canadian micro and craft brews here but I don't get any down here in Houston.

My only problem with recommending beers in general is because a good amount of craft stuff is local only and almost impossible to get in certain places.

What kind of beer?

I mow my parents lawn for them and it is never ideal lawn mowing weather here during the summer.... It's fucking brutal

Old Milwaukee. Just a house beer.

Quick I was also up north last weekend. It was glorious. The wife and I hadn't gone away together anywhere since we got pregnant three years ago.

Top Bottom