• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ryan RishaugVerified account
‏@TSNRyanRishaug
McDavid on Matthews at draft lottery "My advice is just smile no matter what..."

lololol

Pikma

Banned
My first and only try ever

ChUqfR8W4AAeaRy.jpg

I'm sorry

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This draft is obviously rigged.

What channel will it be on?
In all seriousness, I never thought it was rigged (though I can't say the same for the NBA...). I just hate the fact Crapmondump can't do shit and are pretty much relying on the draft year after year only to finish near the basement again and again.

I got respek for Montreal at least for turning it around in one year when they got Galchenyuk as well as a bunch of other teams that realized they can't just pick top 10 every year to compete.

yyzjohn

Banned
In all seriousness, I never thought it was rigged (though I can't say the same for the NBA...). I just hate the fact Crapmondump can't do shit and are pretty much relying on the draft year after year only to finish near the basement again and again.

I got respek for Montreal at least for turning it around in one year when they got Galchenyuk as well as a bunch of other teams that realized they can't just pick top 10 every year to compete.

I'd be OK with the Oilers drafting first overall between 2016-2036, would look good on them.

eyeless

https://twitter.com/taj1944/status/726517932503621632/photo/1

they're apparently revealing the picks at 8:15?

apparently puck drop of the pitt / wash game is 8:25

sad face
interesting if that's true that they are revealing 14-4 first, so at least we will know we're picking 4 before they announce the winners, will rip the band aid off

seems kinda stupid tho, if they're running down 14-4 you'll notice "oh hey the habs aren't there, guess they won, oh hey the canucks aren't there, guess they won", maybe that would be a thing that suggests that's not real, idk

; debating whether to just stop watching after they say we're picking fourth and read whoever wins online

It sounds like it might have been. Not much point in my seeing it now.

Just realized I do in fact have it. It was in the wrong spot on the shelf though, which really threw me off. Just put it in and am about to watch.

Even if you have the story ruined, Will Smith is damn good in this one. Probably one of his best performances, plus the action is pretty fun/intense as well. Some of the special effects/CGI (well, most) has really aged badly though.

RedRum

Banned

At some point, you just have to say, it can't be the TOP players they draft every year. It's the coaching.

Fire everyone.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
At some point, you just have to say, it can't be the TOP players they draft every year. It's the coaching.

Fire everyone.
Besides Yakupov, given what they knew at each draft, they picked good players in the first round.

Their problem is that they rush players, can't draft past the first round, are located in a cold shithole that's boring so players don't want to go there, keep changing coaches, have a poor AHL team for development, and depended on subpar goaltending and defense for way too long, and I can go on and on.

Pat Quinn (RIP) couldn't even help them out and he was a fantastic coach.

calder

I just did the sim 10 times and the Jets didn't win a pick once, so that's got me in a realistic frame of mind for tonight. I just hope we don't slide down a spot or two.

Yawnier

Banned
There's still a bit of hope in Yakupov.....

He just has to stop playing like he is being chased by a horde of bees all the time.

trifelife

I just did the sim 10 times and the Jets didn't win a pick once, so that's got me in a realistic frame of mind for tonight. I just hope we don't slide down a spot or two.

I had the Jets pick first overall and second overall the next run. Destiny.

Foggy

You should always be drinking no matter what

I'll be drinking, eating homemade nachos, and watching Goon

Fiancee doesn't care about the lottery, she just wants to get shit-faced and watch Goon for the millionth time

I just did four sims. It wasn't until the fourth that the Leafs were number one let alone top 3 :(

Honestly, everyone should be prepared for disappointment. If my math memory checks out, even the leafs only have a 40% shot at getting any of the picks in the top 3.

Top Bottom