• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Socreges

Banned
Whelp...

HOW ABOUT THAT NOLAN PATRICK

YOLO'IN FOR NOLAN

No joke, perfect fucking outcome for me. I wanted Laine at least as much as Matthews if only because I couldn't handle all that "hehehe Jets got a kid from Arizona hehe" bullshit.
Good luck staring at that face for the next 18 years

*sobs*

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Actually pretty happy the Jets will get Laine, I've always liked the Jets, and he'll fit right in with that young group they have.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I need to hear from Imbask, his is the salt I need.

Because he'll also make me laugh with some creative insult.

RC

Banned
Don't care that Toronto won. They had the best chance and finished last.

Just really annoyed we had to drop two spots.

I would've been happy with one of the fins. But we couldn't even get that. Well hopefully next season we'll have a higher chance of getting the top overall pick.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No idea who we should even be looking at, at the 9th spot

I'm expecting a D if one of the big names is still up there

Socreges

Banned
Yeah so... Who's available at 5... Fuuuck
We'll get a possible top2 dman, definite top4. Unfortunately it could be someone that would have fallen several spots anyhow. But we'll fill a need.

I would've been happy with one of the fins. But we couldn't even get that. Well hopefully next season we'll have a higher chance of getting the top overall pick.
Still so random. And placing last is never easy. But yeah... time to focus on Nolan Patrick.

Foggy

Having my doubts Jarmo can cast a spell on Winnipeg and wheel and deal for Laine. It probably would've been much easier if Columbus got the 2nd pick. Oh well, Pujujuju is still much better than the grab bag of Tkachuk, Dubois, and Nylander. Can't complain. Can't wait to trade him in 5 years. Then again, scouting reports say he's got more grit than Laine so maybe he'll stick around for a while.

So the known draft order right now is:

1. Toronto
  2. Winnipeg
  3. Lumbus
  4. Edmonton
  5. Vancouver
  6. Calgary
  7. Arizona
  8. Buffalo
  9. Montreal
  10. Colorado
  11. Devils
  12. Ottawa
  13. Carolina
  14. Boston
  15. Minnesota
  16. Detroit
    [*]Nashville*
  17. Philadelphia
    [*]Tampa Bay*
  18. Boston (San Jose pick)*
  19. Islanders*
  20. Arizona (Rangers pick)
  21. Carolina (Los Angeles pick)
  22. Florida
  23. Anaheim
  24. Winnipeg (Chicago pick)
    [*]Toronto (Pittsburgh pick)*
    [*]St Louis*
    [*]Dallas*
    [*]Washington

However, lots of that can change based on the following:

• If Nashville loses against San Jose, they draft #17. If they win vs San Jose and lose to Dallas/Blues, they draft #27. Make it to the finals and lose, #29. Win, #30.
  • If Tampa loses vs Isles, they draft #18 or #19 depending on if Nashville wins/loses. Win vs Isles and lose to Pens/caps, they draft either #27 or #28 depending on if Nashville wins/loses.
  • If San Jose loses to Nashville, they draft #19/#20 depending on if Tampa wins or loses. They win and they draft #27+.
  • If Isles lose to Tampa, they would draft at #19. One of San Jose or Nashville moves up past them, and Tampa moves up with the win, guaranteeing Isles to draft there. If they win, they move up to #27+
  • Pittsburgh, St Lous, Dallas, and Washington are all in a strange spot. They are in the bottom four standings-wise for the draft, but two of them are going to be drafting #25 and #26 based on order of the regular season standings above after the losing teams move up and the winning teams from below (Nashville or San Jose, Tampa or Isles) move up.

Erdrick

Congrats Leafs and their fans. I expect you guys to play better next year.

I'm shocked that the Jets got such a high drafting order. Now I guess I should research about this Laine kid. Pretty happy tonight. Oilers finally didn't get the first pick too, so that's nice since it gets boring with the same old routine.

Another potential Finnish star, huh? I'm excited for the future even more so now.

Socreges

Banned
Having my doubts Jarmo can cast a spell on Winnipeg and wheel and deal for Laine. It probably would've been much easier if Columbus got the 2nd pick. Oh well, Pujujuju is still much better than the grab bag of Tkachuk, Dubois, and Nylander. Can't complain. Can't wait to trade him in 5 years. Then again, scouting reports say he's got more grit than Laine so maybe he'll stick around for a while.
Puljujärvi is an awesome addition. Jumping from 4th to 3rd is huge for CBJ.

You ungrateful fuck...

Top Bottom