• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

To think that if we hadn't swept California we probably would have been in the Flames position right now.

So uh, yeah thanks for not giving a shit Cali teams, you're (mostly) alright.

Chris R

So the known draft order right now is:

1. Toronto
  2. Winnipeg
  3. Lumbus
  4. Edmonton
  5. Vancouver
  6. Calgary
  7. Arizona
  8. Buffalo
  9. Montreal
  10. Colorado
  11. Devils
  12. Ottawa
  13. Carolina
  14. Boston
  15. Minnesota
  16. Detroit
    [*]Nashville*
  17. Philadelphia
    [*]Tampa Bay*
  18. San Jose*
  19. Islanders*
  20. Rangers
  21. Los Angeles
  22. Florida
  23. Anaheim
  24. Chicago
    [*]Pittsburgh*
    [*]St Louis*
    [*]Dallas*
    [*]Washington

However, lots of that can change based on the following:

• If Nashville loses against San Jose, they draft #17. If they win vs San Jose and lose to Dallas/Blues, they draft #27. Make it to the finals and lose, #29. Win, #30.
  • If San Jose loses to Nashville, they draft #19/#20 depending on if Tampa wins or loses. They win and they draft #27+.

This makes no sense to me, how can Nashville potentially draft before a team they beat in the playoffs? Who cares if they are the WC or whatever, they beat the Ducks, should draft with all the other survivors of the playoffs so far.

Erdrick

To think that if we hadn't swept California we probably would have been in the Flames position right now.

So uh, yeah thanks for not giving a shit Cali teams, you're (mostly) alright.

Calder's despair at the Jets winning those last games was palpable. It worked out pretty good in the end though, so it's all good.

zroid

Banned
Matthews didn't look McDavid sad, but he sure didn't look thrilled :lol

I feel for the kid. After seeing McDavid's reaction last year, I understand how much it sucks for him. Honestly I'd still be open to trading the pick to Arizona, but I guess it's not realistic.

Eichel/Matthews games for the next decade. I'm alright with this.

Would be great if this helps make it a real rivalry

This makes no sense to me, how can Nashville potentially draft before a team they beat in the playoffs? Who cares if they are the WC or whatever, they beat the Ducks, should draft with all the other survivors of the playoffs so far.

It's how it is. Teams only move around in the draft if they make it to the final four. If they are eliminated in the first or second round of the playoffs, they stay in their original reverse standings position and only move up the draft board if a team below them makes it to the final four.

Like how last year, the Wild beat the Blues and made it to the second round. But they made it no further, so they stayed in their spot based on regular season. The Blues drafted after the Wild last year, even though the Wild won.

Actually the Blues traded their pick in the Ryan Miller/Steve Ott trade from the year before, which was then in turn traded to Winnipeg in the Bogosian/E Kane trade, but you get the picture.

This pick belongs to Arizona.

Good call. Forgot to account for trades.

Updated draft order standings accounting for trades:

1. Toronto
  2. Winnipeg
  3. Lumbus
  4. Edmonton
  5. Vancouver
  6. Calgary
  7. Arizona
  8. Buffalo
  9. Montreal
  10. Colorado
  11. Devils
  12. Ottawa
  13. Carolina
  14. Boston
  15. Minnesota
  16. Detroit
    [*]Nashville*
  17. Philadelphia
    [*]Tampa Bay*
  18. Boston (San Jose pick)*
  19. Islanders*
  20. Arizona (Rangers pick)
  21. Carolina (Los Angeles pick)
  22. Florida
  23. Anaheim
  24. Winnipeg (Chicago pick)
    [*]Toronto (Pittsburgh pick)*
    [*]St Louis*
    [*]Dallas*
    [*]Washington

However, lots of that can change based on the following:

• If Nashville loses against San Jose, they draft #17. If they win vs San Jose and lose to Dallas/Blues, they draft #27. Make it to the finals and lose, #29. Win, #30.
  • If Tampa loses vs Isles, they draft #18 or #19 depending on if Nashville wins/loses. Win vs Isles and lose to Pens/caps, they draft either #27 or #28 depending on if Nashville wins/loses.
  • If San Jose loses to Nashville, they draft #19/#20 depending on if Tampa wins or loses. They win and they draft #27+.
  • If Isles lose to Tampa, they would draft at #19. One of San Jose or Nashville moves up past them, and Tampa moves up with the win, guaranteeing Isles to draft there. If they win, they move up to #27+
  • Pittsburgh, St Lous, Dallas, and Washington are all in a strange spot. They are in the bottom four standings-wise for the draft, but two of them are going to be drafting #25 and #26 based on order of the regular season standings above after the losing teams move up and the winning teams from below (Nashville or San Jose, Tampa or Isles) move up.
  • Because one of San Jose/Nashville and one of Tampa/Isles are both going to move up into the #27+ spot, picks #22-#26 will all move up two spots. Arizona, using New York's draft pick, is going to be #20, for example. Carolina, using the Kings' pick, is going to be slotted at #21. And so on.

zroid

Banned
W82ppg2.png

eyeless

hello mortals

all the sens, habs, nucks fans, everyone waiting to laugh at us

well isn't this an interesting turn of events

ADKGDFSGKDFSGKJDFSUDFSHHDFSHIOJKFKHLFLKHFLKHLKHLKHDKJL;KDGHKHGDHJK;DG;KJDGKHD

i can't believe this shit

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Clydefrog

I drove by a house today that had a flag pole in their front yard. It had some weird flag at half-mast. Upon closer inspection, it was an Anaheim Ducks flag. I LOL'ed and continued driving.

Top Bottom