• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Mentok

Banned
Lol Jon Jones!

200_s.gif

I just don't see Ceci pulling the training camp hold-out option. I mean unless they're significantly lowballing him (aka a Melnyk contract)...

Silexx

I just don't see Ceci pulling the training camp hold-out option. I mean unless they're significantly lowballing him (aka a Melnyk contract)...

I think the sticking point is most likely term. Ceci's camp probably want something more long term whereas the Sens would prefer to go short.

I think the sticking point is most likely term. Ceci's camp probably want something more long term whereas the Sens would prefer to go short.

I believe Dorion said he proposed both short and long term contract options to him and his agent.

Ceci's agent is JP Barry, should have figured, same shmuck Alfie was with.

Silexx

I believe Dorion said he proposed both short and long term contract options to him and his agent.

Ceci's agent is JP Barry, should have figured, same shmuck Alfie was with.

This is purely speculation on my part, but I think Sens management currently has an eye on Karlsson's next contract negotiations and realize that if they start committing to too much long term deals, they won't have the money to re-sign EK.

Also, after this next season, almost half of both Ottawa's and Bingo's roster are going to need new contracts. Granted, most of them are RFAs, but pretty much all of them will be eligible for arbitration. I would not be surprised to see a huge roster turnover for the 2017-2018 season.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Leafs will be honouring the best 100 Leafs players as determined by fans

Now is our chance to immortalize Kessel!

This is purely speculation on my part, but I think Sens management currently has an eye on Karlsson's next contract negotiations and realize that if they start committing to too much long term deals, they won't have the money to re-sign EK.

Also, after this next season, almost half of both Ottawa's and Bingo's roster are going to need new contracts. Granted, most of them are RFAs, but pretty much all of them will be eligible for arbitration. I would not be surprised to see a huge roster turnover for the 2017-2018 season.

I'm more concerned over next year.

Karlsson has 3 more years and Methot expires at the same time so if we don't lose him in the expansion that $$$ will go to EK contract. So I think $$ and cap wise they will be OK.

They do have to build a winning roster so EK is more inclined to stay as well:)

The worry about EK's next contract is if this trend of "buyout proof" contracts will continue. We are due for another lockout and players are getting way bigger signing bonuses than salary lately.

what? participation banners?
These will be the 18

2015 - 2016: We had a team that played in the NHL
2014 - 2015: We had a team that played in the NHL
2013 - 2014: We had a team that played in the NHL
2012 - 2013: WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS!
2011 - 2012: We had a team that played in the NHL
2010 - 2011: We had a team that played in the NHL
2009 - 2010: We had a team that played in the NHL
2008 - 2009: We had a team that played in the NHL
2007 - 2008: We had a team that played in the NHL
2006 - 2007: We had a team that played in the NHL
2005 - 2006: We had a team that played in the NHL
2004 - 2005: Tied everyone else!
2003 - 2004: WON A PLAYOFF SERIES!
2002 - 2003: MADE THE PLAYOFFS!
2001 - 2002: WON 2 PLAYOFF SERIES!
2000 - 2001: WON A PLAYOFF SERIES!
1999 - 2000: WON A PLAYOFF SERIES!
1998 - 1999: WON 2 PLAYOFF SERIES!

Mentok

Banned
I'm more concerned over next year.

Karlsson has 3 more years and Methot expires at the same time so if we don't lose him in the expansion that $$$ will go to EK contract. So I think $$ and cap wise they will be OK.

They do have to build a winning roster so EK is more inclined to stay as well:)

The worry about EK's next contract is if this trend of "buyout proof" contracts will continue. We are due for another lockout and players are getting way bigger signing bonuses than salary lately.

Hard to do with Emporer Melnyk...he got the arena he wanted, so he better be prepared to cough up a little more for the star power.

I had no idea Palmieri played for NJ
I had no idea he scored 30 goals this year

fucking Devils man

My son told me this morning that Palmieri had avoided arbitration by signing this deal, and I was like "Who?" and then I was like "Why did this guy I've never heard of get so much money every year?"

In a couple years we'll be saying the same thing of Taylor Hall.

The Devils are a black hole.

These will be the 18

2015 - 2016: We had a team that played in the NHL
2014 - 2015: We had a team that played in the NHL
2013 - 2014: We had a team that played in the NHL
2012 - 2013: WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS!
2011 - 2012: We had a team that played in the NHL
2010 - 2011: We had a team that played in the NHL
2009 - 2010: We had a team that played in the NHL
2008 - 2009: We had a team that played in the NHL
2007 - 2008: We had a team that played in the NHL
2006 - 2007: We had a team that played in the NHL
2005 - 2006: We had a team that played in the NHL
2004 - 2005: Tied everyone else!
2003 - 2004: WON A PLAYOFF SERIES!
2002 - 2003: MADE THE PLAYOFFS!
2001 - 2002: WON 2 PLAYOFF SERIES!
2000 - 2001: WON A PLAYOFF SERIES!
1999 - 2000: WON A PLAYOFF SERIES!
1998 - 1999: WON 2 PLAYOFF SERIES!

This is gold, but replace "We had a team..." with just "Participation"

Quick

Banned
Wasn't it Kardi (I think) that they told needed to put on weight and then the very next season asked him to lose weight? If Marner's good, he's good. Who gives a shit about how much he weighs?

Not sure about losing weight, but Kadri's weight was definitely a subject of discussion from early on, mainly just gaining more weight. And his diet was also something that was brought up relating to being Muslim and having to adhere to dietary restrictions.

Solo

The real Leafs anniversary comes next year when we celebrate 50 years of ineptitude. The Leafs literally haven't won shit for the entire second half of their existence.

Yes, I know the Habs are at 23 years, but that's no where near as bad, and since the Leafs last won in 1967 Habs have won 10 Cups (1968, 1969, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1986, 1993).

imBask

Banned
The real Leafs anniversary comes next year when we celebrate 50 years of ineptitude. The Leafs literally haven't won shit for the entire second half of their existence.

Sorry Solo, you missed that one by about... well, 50 years

Top Bottom