• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
ClvHItVWMAEux6g.jpg

Winnipeg changes a man.

Lol, hail Satan!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Pikma, Smelly, anyone: what would be an ideal route to take when travelling within Europe?

I was thinking London > Amsterdam > Brussels > Paris > Rome. Between London and Paris would be on train, then Paris > Rome would be a flight.

Or would it be better to go the reverse?

I do this every year where I start to plan a trip, but I get sidetracked. I was thinking of going in late September and going home by mid- to late-October.

Are you taking advantage of those really cheap Air Canada flights to Europe?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like I crammed enough cities in my trip, but then I see a list like yours and think that I should cram in more places. lol

This is all within a budget, of course.

And I left off Nice and Pisa lol.

We spent a couple of days in places too, others were just a day. Just depends what you want to do while you are there.

I was there for about 3 weeks.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't even seen those yet. I've just been going on Google Flights.

Somebody posted them in the Canadian Deals thread a little while ago, a flight to Barcelona was under $500 iirc. I don't think any of the other destinations were on there, so they money may not make sense if you don't really want to visit any of those places on the list.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Somebody posted them in the Canadian Deals thread a little while ago, a flight to Barcelona was under $500 iirc. I don't think any of the other destinations were on there, so they money may not make sense if you don't really want to visit any of those places on the list.

those sales are over and would have also shown up on google flights. Just stick with google flights, it's definitely the best way to go about it.

and that air canada sale was to basically every airport in Europe, it was neat.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
those sales are over and would have also shown up on google flights. Just stick with google flights, it's definitely the best way to go about it.

and that air canada sale was to basically every airport in Europe, it was neat.

Oh, sorry Quick.

zroid

Banned
Was just listening to Shanny on Overdrive...

When asked about Polak he remarked that in the last couple years, he was intended as their #5 or 6 D, but this time they got him more as depth to support the younger guys

thought that was interesting...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Development camp finished today and Lapointe made this comment on Sergachev

Certainly not crazy to think Sergachev can play in the NHL next season.

Really unusual for a guy like him to make that kind of comment. Everyone has been saying he's been a standout, but I can't imagine Therrien would ever let him play right away. Doubt it's good for his development either, but I can't wait to see him in some preseason games.

Mentok

Banned
Development camp finished today and Lapointe made this comment on Sergachev

Really usual for a guy like him to make that kind of comment. Everyone has been saying he's been a standout, but I can't imagine Therrien would ever let him play right away. Doubt it's good for his development either, but I can't wait to see him in some preseason games.

Well,we can hope MT doesn't make it through this season. Most pundits I've heard said next season Sergachev could make it really difficult to be sent back down. Hope he is a superstar in the making (especially considering who we just lost).

imBask

Banned
i'm glad to see most people saying Sergachev is actually NHL ready, i'm really sick of those project draft pick that turn out to be trash in the end

Red_Man

No one talking about Lehkonen because he's in Europe, but he has a legitimate chance at cracking the Habs top 6

imBask

Banned
No one talking about Lehkonen because he's in Europe, but he has a legitimate chance at cracking the Habs top 6

he'd be a nice surprise and i'm not against the idea at all since we have a gaping hole there, but i'll believe it when I actually see him compete at the NHL level

How's the new Berzerk?

Lekhonen could push for a 5/6 slot, which could be interesting. I mean it really brings up the question of where this team is at: Cup contenders, or developing for a run 3-4 years from now.

I have yet to watch the new Berserk but Creeper said its not very good

toronto media asking Kasimir Kaskisuo of all people about Matthews :lol

these dumbasses

I don't watch those scrums anymore. Henny is the only person who asks interesting questions. If I ever hear anybody ask Matthews "how does it feel to me a Maple Leaf?" or "what was it like putting on the jersey for the first time?" or "what's it like to walk into the practice facility for the first time?" again I might lose my shit.

It's an old franchise, everybody knows that for fuck sakes, but it doesn't make taking a shit in the team bathroom for the first time some kind of religious experience.

zroid

Banned
I don't watch those scrums anymore. Henny is the only person who asks interesting questions. If I ever hear anybody ask Matthews "how does it feel to me a Maple Leaf?" or "what was it like putting on the jersey for the first time?" or "what's it like to walk into the practice facility for the first time?" again I might lose my shit.

It's an old franchise, everybody knows that for fuck sakes, but it doesn't make taking a shit in the team bathroom for the first time some kind of religious experience.

Pretty much.

Henny asked him about Dominic Toninato, and although he didn't say much, at least it was something interesting since they were teammates in Duluth.

whereas random reporter asks him "So how good is Matthews????" even though he's probably barely seen him play prior to this prospect camp.

Solo

Weird that Weber gets an A without playing a single game and conceivably without meeting most of his teammates

Red_Man

Weird that Weber gets an A without playing a single game and conceivably without meeting most of his teammates
You really think it's weird they're giving an A to a guy who was the captain of his own team and has been an assistant captain on every Canadian world team before? Nothing weird about it.

Some people have been saying they should just give him the C which is a little over the top.

Quick

Banned
You really think it's weird they're giving an A to a guy who was the captain of his own team and has been an assistant captain on every Canadian world team before? Nothing weird about it.

Some people have been saying they should just give him the C which is a little over the top.

Chara was named captain of the Bruins right when he signed with them, just to add another example.

Top Bottom