• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Quick

Banned
Can we just get a Matthews OT instead of using this thread for every piss he takes?

If we ever restart Salt On The Ice, we're gonna need a Matthews Minute segment.

"Today, Auston's poop was reported watery with chunks. Awaiting on official confirmation from Dopey."

Solo

Can't wait for all these kids to bust, or for Weber to smash one of them through the glass, whichever happens first.

imBask

Banned
Can't wait for all these kids to bust, or for Weber to smash one of them through the glass, whichever happens first.

even then, we'll get 2 years of Leafs fans desperately trying to justify that Matthews and Marner are great players because of X and Y fancystat

zroid

Banned

If you thought Markov aged poorly, wait till you see Weber in a couple years. He's going to get danced by Phaneuf.

imBask

Banned
If you thought Markov aged poorly, wait till you see Weber in a couple years. He's going to get danced by Phaneuf.

Markov is going to be 38 this year, and last year was arguably the first year where he REALLY slowed down... and that was following 2 major knee injuries

Markov is still better today than all of your garbage ass defense combined into one super defenseman

zroid

Banned
Apparently AHL is introducing automatic suspensions for any fights that occur following a faceoff, and for players who accrue 10 fighting majors.

edit: details

0874e1a541f2422082f51075ad0b4205.png

imBask

Banned
Apparently AHL is introducing automatic suspensions for any fights that occur following a faceoff, and for players who accrue 10 fighting majors.

damn that's pretty good, I hope it works and they end up adding it to the NHL too. It's a good way to ease-in the inevitable instead of going for a straight "fights are banned" rule

Quick

Banned
Pikma, Smelly, anyone: what would be an ideal route to take when travelling within Europe?

I was thinking London > Amsterdam > Brussels > Paris > Rome. Between London and Paris would be on train, then Paris > Rome would be a flight.

Or would it be better to go the reverse?

I do this every year where I start to plan a trip, but I get sidetracked. I was thinking of going in late September and going home by mid- to late-October.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pikma, Smelly, anyone: what would be an ideal route to take when travelling within Europe?

I was thinking London > Amsterdam > Brussels > Paris > Rome. Between London and Paris would be on train, then Paris > Rome would be a flight.

I do this every year where I start to plan a trip, but I get sidetracked. I was thinking of going in late September and going home by mid- to late-October.

I'd do London-Paris by direct train and then Paris-Brussels-Amsterdam alsp by train, then fly Amsterdam-Rome.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Can we just get a Matthews OT instead of using this thread for every piss he takes?

I'm going to record the scrimmage on saturday and make gifs of him every time he enters the camera view even if he is just getting off for a line change.

Just for you, marvie.

Quick

Banned
I'd do London-Paris by direct train and then Paris-Brussels-Amsterdam alsp by train, then fly Amsterdam-Rome.

There's a flight in late-October for $36 from Amsterdam to Rome. Bless.

I'm running on a starting budget right now of $3,000 (definitely more later). I'm hoping I can at least cover transportation and hostels. My initial estimate from the itinerary I posted earlier hits me at just under $1,500 before taxes - that's flight and train.

Silexx

Yes! We got Chris Kelly back! This is going to be so awesome right until I see him play and remember why I wanted his ass traded in the first place!

The only thing I have to add is that taking a train form Amsterdam to Paris is easy. And i havent been to brussels but I would skip it, seems fairly boring.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You sluts don't want to hear about Matthews...TOO BAD!!!

Got a problem with it then get in line and fight me punks!

Quick

Banned
The only thing I have to add is that taking a train form Amsterdam to Paris is easy. And i havent been to brussels but I would skip it, seems fairly boring.

I added Brussels because it was along the way. It's not set in stone, but having just done a calculation for a week's stay in London at a couple of hostels, I could easily drop Brussels to save some cash.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

It should be fine, as far as I know. When I was in Europe I did it all by train, though I didn't go to Amsterdam or Brussels. I think I did London > Paris > Geneva > Monaco > Milan > Venice > Rome > Austria > left via Germany. It was a while ago so I may be mixing some things up.

Quick

Banned
It should be fine, as far as I know. When I was in Europe I did it all by train, though I didn't go to Amsterdam or Brussels. I think I did London > Paris > Geneva > Monaco > Milan > Venice > Rome > Austria > left via Germany. It was a while ago so I may be mixing some things up.

I feel like I crammed enough cities in my trip, but then I see a list like yours and think that I should cram in more places. lol

This is all within a budget, of course.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I am just sad it's like 3 months until the season starts.

I am a total Marner fanboy and I need more marnerrrrrr

Top Bottom