• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Dairy Queen's Mushroom Melt is very delicious. Super Greasy though.

I dunno why but it feels like the Canadian DQ is better than the American one.

6 piece chicken strip basket with honey mustard and a side of gravy is my DQ jam. Used to love the Oreo Brownie Earthquake as well but I think they took it off the menu.

Yawnier

Banned
I'm like 2 years late on this one but I finished watching S1 of Fargo tonight. Enjoyed it a lot and I heard that S2 is even better.

Billy Bob Thornton may be a douche but he is a fantastic actor

iLLmAtlc

I'm like 2 years late on this one but I finished watching S1 of Fargo tonight. Enjoyed it a lot and I heard that S2 is even better.

Dude I just watched it this summer too, flippin amazing. Right up there with the best of the best shows

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Dude I just watched it this summer too, flippin amazing. Right up there with the best of the best shows
I tried watching it and got through the first episode and a half - second episode, but it didn't really grab me. Does it pick up or is it not worth continuing if I didn't dig the beginning?

iLLmAtlc

Hmm I was all in after the first episode already. I can't really say it gets too too much better, but I do remember the 2nd episode feeling kinda boring.

God fucking damn people are dumb. That Friedman tweet about Barrie's arbitration has some AMAZINGLY stupid replies.

Also, the lowball/highball game is so meaningless in this scenario. We need one more year for our worthless vet contracts to expire and then he'll get the money and term he wants.

Assuming he learns how to fucking defend between now and then.

Curufinwe

I understand his reasoning. Because of his son's death.

Joe Biden has to be one of the finest Vice Presidents I've ever seen. He's a damn good speaker. God love Diamond Joe.

If Biden was running, I expect that Trump would have mocked him for not keeping his family members alive.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I tried watching it and got through the first episode and a half - second episode, but it didn't really grab me. Does it pick up or is it not worth continuing if I didn't dig the beginning?

I felt it was a little long, and didn't love it as much as the general consensus. Still a really good show at points, and worth watching. Peaks about half way through from what I remember.

Pikma

Banned
If the election is anything to go by, I think it's you that needs to do the bracing
Fucking up the countries I visit is one of my favorite pastimes, have you heard of everything that's happened to Europe in the last 6 months? I'll simply move to Canada once the US finally shit the bed

trifelife

Fucking up the countries I visit is one of my favorite pastimes, have you heard of everything that's happened to Europe in the last 6 months? I'll simply move to Canada once the US finally shit the bed

We already have enough Communist anime fans/wrestling marks, thank you very much.

I still don't understand how any sane American could actually vote Republican at the presidential level at least. There can't be that many insane people out there right?

Do not underestimate the power of the ignorant and the disenfranchised. It's a powerful combination. They're downtrodden, and neoliberialism left them behind. They think the reason for it is immigrants, and people worse off than themselves. They've effectively eaten what Rupert Murdoch has fed them, and are angry.

A recent situation took place here in Australia after our Federal election...

Have you ever heard of Pauline Hanson?

She's only in the senate (congress) thankfully, but her One Nation party won seats after billionaire Clive Palmer withdrew from running. Clive originally saved a mining town from catastrophe after buying their failing Nickel plant and propped it up. He then ran, and the locals voted for him, and he got his seat in the senate. He didn't do jack shit and squandered the whole thing. His party left him and became Independents and survived on their own accord. He then sold the Nickel plant and let it fail and close.

What happened to the residents? They lost their jobs. They became disenfranchised and they were led to believe through the media that MUSLIMS were the reason for it happening.

This same electorate voted Pauline Hanson and now we have a crazy racist anti-Muslim piece of shit in the senate.

THIS is how Trump gets popular. Neoliberalism left people behind who had skills that became automated. It fed the fear and propaganda machine that tells us ANYTHING THAT ISN'T WHITE IS THE REASON WE'RE "WORSE OFF". Not that, you know, wage inequality and social segregation between economic class is what's actually causing the problem. Or Big Banks being bailed out. Or profit coming short term at the expense of the worker or the people. Nope. It's Muhammed over there who came from a wartorn country and wants to do nothing but work, contribute to society and provide safety for his family.

I'm fucking so done with this planet.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ever since Trump announced he would campaign for president, the media was all over him like glue.

People everywhere commenting about him on social media constantly.

Then they go and wonder "How did this happen?!"

Well, there's part of your answer.

You don't give these kind of people a voice and they'll wither away.

Ever since Trump announced he would campaign for president, the media was all over him like glue.

People everywhere commenting about him on social media constantly.

Then they go and wonder "How did this happen?!"

Well, there's part of your answer.

You don't give these kind of people a voice and they'll wither away.

Exact same thing happened with Pauline Hanson...

"Haha hey guys look how funny this is... thanks for the clicks and the attention, ok n... umm guys, you're still listening? ... well in that case..."

I'll let you live with me if you help me build my patio. I don't care what you fuck up as long as it's not the patio.

Quick

Banned
Exact same thing happened with Pauline Hanson...

"Haha hey guys look how funny this is... thanks for the clicks and the attention, ok n... umm guys, you're still listening? ... well in that case..."

Just like Trump, she's like a beacon for idiots. They all come out when they hear the call.

Also, lol at this part:

Late last year, days after announcing she would run for the Senate, Hanson refused to say whether she was being paid for her public appearances.

“What business is it of yours or the public?” she said, when asked by Buzzfeed.

“And you know what, whether it is or not, I’m not saying whether I am (being paid) or not. I don’t see it is any of your or the public’s business whether I am paid or not. There’s a lot of appearances that I make on TV I can tell you, I don’t get paid.

“So I’m not answering your question because it’s none of your business and it’s no one’s concern about any arrangements that I may have, I’ll have you know I am possibly not getting paid for it but then again I’ll state, it’s none of your business.”

and to your point, Dastardly:

“She’s a right-wing candidate for election adept at maximising the opportunities afforded to her by commercial networks keen to attract viewers in a contested marketplace.

“There is absolutely no public interest defence for the decision to provide someone with such appalling views a megaphone immediately following a terrorist attack.”

Yawnier

Banned

If that first episode didn't grab you then man, I really don't know. The second half of that first episode had me completely hooked but I did find the next few episodes after that to be a bit slow.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have 2 extra nhl 17 codes for xbox one if anyone wants me just pm me

If that first episode didn't grab you then man, I really don't know. The second half of that first episode had me completely hooked but I did find the next few episodes after that to be a bit slow.
Yea, I dunno what it is. Not really a fan of Thorton or Freeman so that doesn't help, just not my cup of tea I guess.

TUSR

Banned
Don't mention that name.

Do not give him attention.

He uses the search function to find threads he's mentioned in.

Top Bottom