• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Solo

So I'm taking it the Habs protected list will be:

- Byron
- Danault
- Drouin
- Gallagher
- Galchenyuk
- Pacioretty
- Shaw/Radulov*

- Benn**
- Petry
- Weber

- Price

* this is tricky.....do they protect Radulov on the hopes and prayers that they can resign him before July 1? If they do, I think Shaw is the odd man out. I don't think they do that though, as it would effectively be exposing both Rads and Shaw if Rads can't be signed.
** obviously they'll resign Markov without question so they are freed from protecting him

Anyone feel different?

yyzjohn

Banned
So I'm taking it the Habs protected list will be:

- Byron
- Danault
- Drouin
- Gallagher
- Galchenyuk
- Pacioretty
- Shaw/Radulov*

- Benn**
- Petry
- Weber

- Price

* this is tricky.....do they protect Radulov on the hopes and prayers that they can resign him before July 1? If they do, I think Shaw is the odd man out. I don't think they do that though, as it would effectively be exposing both Rads and Shaw if Rads can't be signed.
** obviously they'll resign Markov without question so they are freed from protecting him

Anyone feel different?

Radulov doesn't have to be protected and 0 chance Vegas takes him unless they think he will sign there.

Solo

Radulov doesn't have to be protected and 0 chance Vegas takes him unless they think he will sign there.

No? Habs have exclusive negotiating rights with Rad til July 1? For some reason I thought Vegas could negotiate with him prior to July 1.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Larry Brooks‏ @NYP_Brooksie
Rangers have nothing in place with Vegas. Unclear whether McPhee prefers Raanta or one of the forwards, NYR seem resigned to losing player.
Bleeeeeech

So we're definitely losing one of the following to Vegas for nothing, organized from most to least likely:

Antti Raanta
Michael Grabner
Jesper Fast
Oscar Lindberg

Personally, I think Vegas would be insane to NOT take Raanta. Even with Fleury and Grubauer on the table, there are not 3 available goaltenders who are better than Raanta.

Yawnier

Banned
No? Habs have exclusive negotiating rights with Rad til July 1? For some reason I thought Vegas could negotiate with him prior to July 1.

IIRC Vegas can negotiate with Radulov (and other UFAs) during this window where they pick their team until Wednesday morning, if he signs with Vegas during this window then he will count as their pick from the Habs in the expansion draft.

yyzjohn

Banned

They would have had to protect him if he signed before the expansion draft. Vegas can negotiate with him now, but if they can't come to a deal obviously they pass on him. Gamble by Habs but probably a decent one. Doubt he wants to play for an expansion team unless he gives 0 fucks about winning

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
They would have had to protect him if he signed before the expansion draft. Vegas can negotiate with him now, but if they can't come to a deal obviously they pass on him. Gamble by Habs but probably a decent one. Doubt he wants to play for an expansion team unless he gives 0 fucks about winning
Or Vegas can sign him to a big contract for another team and then trade him to that team and recieve compensation for signing him.

Solo

As part of the denial stage of AGally-trade grieving, which is where I'm currently at, maybe Beaulieu being shipped out is a sign he is staying? When AGally's last party pal was traded (DSP), that's when he went on to score 43 points in 45 games. Maybe it's another (final) wake up call?

No? He's getting traded for Brodin? :(

yyzjohn

Banned
NHL teams can resume trading tomorrow morning at 10 ET only if their trading partner is VGK. Otherwise, no deals/signing until Thurs 8 am ET

Red_Man

As part of the denial stage of AGally-trade grieving, which is where I'm currently at, maybe Beaulieu being shipped out is a sign he is staying? When AGally's last party pal was traded (DSP), that's when he went on to score 43 points in 45 games.
I don't think Bergevin is just going to move him for the sake of moving him. It will have to be a good deal or he'll resign him.

Solo

Vegas may not ice much of a team in October, but damn, with all the picks they are going to rack up, they could be a deadly franchise in 5 years.

Solo

I don't think Bergevin is just going to move him for the sake of moving him.

See, I disagree here. I think Bergevin doesn't like his personality/off ice personality, and will, just like he did Subban, move him if only for that reason alone. BargainBin has the most fierce hardon for character/leadership/team/intangible guys I've ever heard of. He didn't like Subban's larger than life (and the team) personality, and I don't think he likes AGally's attitude or off-ice associations either.

Which is kind of ironic given that he just signed Drouin, who is a noted dick/prima donna. But I think the difference between AGally and Drouin is that Drouin feeds off of controversy and plays even better, whereas AGally gets distracted and lost.

yyzjohn

Banned
im going to call poison control
this is worse than the time i drank windex >.<

EDIT
im going to call info-sante first
After some quick Googling, we found that hydrogen cyanide is lethal at about 1.52 milligrams per kilogram, meaning that it takes little more than 0.1 grams (a dime weighs about one gram) of the toxin to dispatch a 150-pound human. A single cherry yields roughly 0.17 grams of lethal cyanide per gram of seed, so depending on the size of the kernel, ingesting just one or two freshly crushed pits can lead to death

After some quick Googling, we found that hydrogen cyanide is lethal at about 1.52 milligrams per kilogram, meaning that it takes little more than 0.1 grams (a dime weighs about one gram) of the toxin to dispatch a 150-pound human. A single cherry yields roughly 0.17 grams of lethal cyanide per gram of seed, so depending on the size of the kernel, ingesting just one or two freshly crushed pits can lead to death

Im on hold
pray for me >.<

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
As long as you didn't chew the seeds open you're fine.

Even IF you chewed them open, you're more likely fine.

Red_Man

That Beaulieu trade makes absolutely no sense to me.
They chose to protect Benn over Beaulieu and were going to lose him to Vegas for nothing. Bergevin got what he could instead of losing him for nothing. Pretty straight forward, just sad to see his value drop so much.

Goalies are weird.

19227407_1017534635049510_2155952095147065344_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVcZZZTne4W/

zroid

Banned
Chiarelli's idea of a fair trade is to move very good player making a lot of money for much worse player making less money

Top Bottom