• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Yawnier

Banned
Do the Habs have someone in the minors that can slot in for Beaulieu and be a suitable replacement? Regardless of whether a 3rd is fair value, losing Beaulieu on a weakish blueline with no Sergyachev waiting in the wings comes across as a weird deal to make.

Creeper's boy Victor Mete

imBask

Banned
Do the Habs have someone in the minors that can slot in for Beaulieu and be a suitable replacement? Regardless of whether a 3rd is fair value, losing Beaulieu on a weakish blueline with no Sergyachev waiting in the wings comes across as a weird deal to make.

Juulsen is good apparently, otherwise no we're getting Brodin for Galchenyuk

We signed Jakub Jerabek. He was one of the top KHL Defenceman this year. I see him making the team now.

We have Juulsen but I think he's going to join the club next season. Mete and Bourque could be other options. Defence Prospects we definitely need with Sergachev gone. Center too

nubcake

Neo Member
So I totally get why the Habs made a move for Drouin, but now they move Beaulieu too? Do they think Markov is going to play till age 50 or something?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's hard to get value for guys you won't be protecting in the ED.
Yea, just sucks to see him go for so low, but he would have been gone if they left him unprotected. He got outplayed by Benn, he did this to himself.

This is why everyone is saying that they expect him to use AGally to get a big name D man.

imBask

Banned
So I totally get why the Habs made a move for Drouin, but now they move Beaulieu too? Do they think Markov is going to play till age 50 or something?

Beaulieu was a dumpster fire outside the ice, and a complete mess on the ice

like I actually suspect he was playing drunk for the second half of last season and i'm not even kidding

Red_Man

Starting the season beside Weber on the first pairing and being a healthy scratch in the final game of the season and traded for a 3rd round pick. Brutal.

Starting the season beside Weber on the first pairing and being a healthy scratch in the final game of the season and traded for a 3rd round pick. Brutal.

He wasn't great at all this year. I think everyone thought he would take his game to the next level but he never did which is a damn shame.

Red_Man

inline_2870_570fea97ee0cb.jpg

Bergevin

tumblr_nooaoivfgA1uve83to1_500.gif

nubcake

Neo Member
Beaulieu was a dumpster fire outside the ice, and a complete mess on the ice

like I actually suspect he was playing drunk for the second half of last season and i'm not even kidding

He definitely sucked this year and I guess you guys would be more aware of his issues than me. I just thought it was pretty early to give up on him especially with the blue line depth already shrinking. If you guys can swing another trade for a top 4 guy it'll make a lot more sense though.

Solo

Wow. Beaulieu never put it all together but he had the tools. I can't believe all he got was a third. What an utter fleecing for Buffalo.

Red_Man

Dreger said:
We all agree given Montreals needs, Galchenyuk is likely going to be traded. However, there remains ongoing contract discussions with Habs.
This is what everyone who was complaining about him not making big trades gets.

Solo

Well Habs currently have only 2 legit top 4 D, and they don't have a true #1C nor a #2C since we are likely trading AGally to try to plug o2n of those vacant top 4 D roles.

Looks like the 2017-18 Habs will be even worse than this year's edition. I hope Drouin lights it up, because he may be the only thing to look forward to this year. Habs may not even get into the playoffs this season.

Red_Man

McKenzie saying he's not expecting Min to trade any D today. They must have some deal in place with Vegas then so they don't take one of Brodin, Scandella, or Dumba.

imBask

Banned
Well Habs currently have only 2 legit top 4 D, and they don't have a true #1C nor a #2C since we are likely trading AGally to try to plug o2n of those vacant top 4 D roles.

Looks like the 2017-18 Habs will be even worse than this year's edition. I hope Drouin lights it up, because he may be the only thing to look forward to this year. Habs may not even get into the playoffs this season.

Markov and Weber?

Petry is a fine #4 on any team my dude

yyzjohn

Banned

It's June 17 bro.

Yup

So Crazy wow. Isn't it Crazy how a washed up goalie and a Defenceman that fucked his own future for partying too much get traded. Gee Golly you don't see trades like that no sir.

Oh if Bergevin is targeting Quebec talent this year. Why not trade for Huberdeau?

PillarEN

Let's talk Calgary.

Mike Smith is coming to be number 1. Brian Elliot to challenge for the number 1 during the season? Or is he going to be backup unless Smith pulls an Elliot?

yyzjohn

Banned
Wait for the inevitable tweet "even though the deadline had passed, trades can still trickle in later because the NHL offices may be jammed approving trades!"

Red_Man

So it looks like there could be a very good chance Vegas goes and signs Radulov to a big contract and then flips him to another team. Awesome.

yyzjohn

Banned
When do teams submit their protection lists and when are they made public?

List submitted today at 5 I think. Or maybe Dopey knows....

Dope 50% right....lists submitted at 5pm

3:00 p.m. ET marks the beginning of a trade and waiver freeze that won’t be lifted until Thursday, the morning after Vegas’ picks are unveiled. Starting at this time, the 30 existing NHL teams will also not be allowed to sign or re-sign any players. The only exception here are the Golden Knights themselves, who can make trades with other teams, and begin negotiating with unprotected RFAs and UFAs on Sunday morning.

5:00 p.m. ET marks the deadline for teams to submit their expansion draft protections lists to the league office.

Solo

It's June 17 bro.

I know.....4 more months for BargainBin to ruin the team. I feel like this offseason is going to consist of the great Drouin acquisition followed by a slew of BargainBin classic spare part moves/running talent out of town.

Solo

So 10 in the morning tomorrow is the next point of interest, eh?

I suspect Radulov will be a Golden Knight. He'll get AAV + term + Vegas lifestyle.

Yawnier

Banned
Gonna be some pissed off people tomorrow when it's revealed that the leafs are protecting Matt Martin over Leivo or Leipsic

Top Bottom