• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Mentok

Banned
Apparently George Larauque has been dropping some hot takes that Sergachev has off ice issues and that is why BargainBin was willing to deal him. What a clown Laraque is.

In his defense, most players traded from the Habs recently get the "off-ice problems" rumour. So he took a shot it may be true lol.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If moron Holland left Ouellet unprotected so he could protect Kronwall, I am done with this team until he is fired. Hoping it was Jensen instead.

PillarEN

If moron Holland left Ouellet unprotected so he could protect Kronwall, I am done with this team until he is fired. Hoping it was Jensen instead.

But you know that Kronwall will be protected. I don't get to see that many games but near the end of the season I quite liked seeing Jensen out on the ice. Would be a little bummed out if Vegas grabbed him.

calder

Just sad that JetsGAF doesn't have enough bodies to fill out the exemption roster slots. We may need to sign some NYJ fans from the NFL thread to one year deals just to get some people to expose to Vegas.

After our first Cup in 2019 we'll be flush with lifelongs though just you wait.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

But you know that Kronwall will be protected. I don't get to see that many games but near the end of the season I quite liked seeing Jensen out on the ice. Would be a little bummed out if Vegas grabbed him.
I don't think they protected Kronwall, I think they protected DD instead over Ouellet. Kronwall and Ericsson are too old and banged up with below average production to be taken by Vegas. I wish we left DD unprotected to get rid of his awful contract.

PillarEN

I guess in my mind, Kronwall is essentially the leader at D on the Wings, so they wouldn't take any chances. Talking out of my ass though as I don't remember previous expansions and how those usually played out.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lazar

Protected

giphy.gif

iLLmAtlc

Did I see this right a couple pages back -- Lalongo is getting exposed?

Not a bad move I guess since it's pretty much an open secret Vegas wants Fleury and they're not gonna have room for 10 million at goalie.

Socreges

Banned
For some of these teams the protected list doesn't mean much to me unless I know who is then left exposed. What's the easiest way to find out?

eg, Lazar got protected but then who did that come at the expense of

Socreges

Banned
Worth pointing out that he had three points (1G,2A) in four games with the Flames with limited TOI.

Not to mention that they just traded for him at the deadline.

Well that was probably the worst NHL season in recent memory, can't think of one good thing in it's entirety that happened that I would be happy about.

Since the Baby Wings won the Calder Cup, can that be traded in for a phantom "Wings made the playoffs" statement and let the streak continue?

No... Well it was worth a shot.

And yes I'm alive, Wings missing didn't cause me to jump off a bridge. More or less it's a, "they deserve it and I continue my statement that Holland needs to be fired before I go back to caring about this team again."*

*insert the you never cared about them anyways, you only watch the first period, fair weather fan, etc... that I know some of you love saying to me. Oh, and happy father's day!

cleary_daniel170614-430x287.jpg

Good Night Sweet Prince.

Cake Boss

Banned
@hfialkov: Acc to source Panthers protect Huberdeau,Barkov,Trocheck,Bjugstad,Ekblad,Yandle,Petro,Pysyk,Luongo #FlaPanthers

While the Flames are protecting a Lazar, The Panthers are exposing a 30 goal player.

Oilers Protect:

Draisaitl, Lucic, RNH, Eberle, Maroon, Kassian, Letestu, Larsson, Klefbom, Sekera, Talbot

McDavid isn't on there because he's exempt

Wild protected the usual suspects, and chose to protect Zucker and Brodin.

Staal and Dumba are both exposed.

Also, i saw Russo saying that the Wild are still in on Galchenyuk, and Bargainbin wants Scandella in a package instead of Brodin.

I would imagine he wants Scandella and one of our big prospects. Not sure how I would feel about losing a Greenway/Kunin/Tuch for that. If Fletcher trades away Kaprizov he should be fired.

Wild protected the usual suspects, and chose to protect Zucker and Brodin.

Staal and Dumba are both exposed.

Also, i saw Russo saying that the Wild are still in on Galchenyuk, and Bargainbin wants Scandella in a package instead of Brodin.

I would imagine he wants Scandella and one of our big prospects. Not sure how I would feel about losing a Greenway/Kunin/Tuch for that. If Fletcher trades away Kaprizov he should be fired.

Would Eriksson Ek be another prospect?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
NHL delayed release of lists until 10:30 because they are incompetent.

Cleary will probably become the GM in 3 years

*VOMITS*

And it'll be Draper, sadly. Holland's protege.

Oh, and Russo says that Erik Haula will not be on the team next year.

Very fast 3rd line center who is good defensively and very hot/cold offensively. Very decent in the faceoff dot. Very fast. Good for probably 20-30 points a year, and usually performs well in the playoffs.

Top Bottom