• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Merguson

Banned
hard to judge the expansion draft lists without knowing the deals made with Vegas

when can we hear about those deals?

Can Vegas start signing free agents today or are they restricted to just negotiations starting today?

Regular FA rules apply to them, I'm pretty sure.

according to LeBrun, signing any free agent before Wednesday will count as an expansion pick from whichever team the player came from

bill0527

Nothing surprising from Nashville.

It's been real, Neal

Expected.

He's only got 1 yr left on his $5mil contract. It was either him or Jarnkrok and we need serious depth at center especially if Fisher retires. Jarny has steller numbers in only 18 minutes average ice time this season and the playoffs and he's under contract for the next 5 yrs at a bargain basement price of $2mil per season. Seemed to me like a pretty easy choice to expose Neal.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
DALLAS STARS

Available
Adam Cracknell (F)
Justin Dowling (F)
Cody Eakin (F)
Ales Hemsky (F)
Jiri Hudler (F)
Curtis McKenzie (F)
Mark McNeill (F)
Travis Morin (F)
Patrick Sharp (F)
Gemel Smith (F)
Matej Stransky (F)
Mattias Backman (D)
Andrew Bodnarchuk (D)
Ludwig Bystrom (D)
Nick Ebert (D)
Justin Hache (D)
Dan Hamhuis (D)
Patrik Nemeth (D)
Jamie Oleksiak (D)
Greg Pateryn (D)
Dustin Stevenson (D)
Henri Kiviaho (G)
Maxime Lagace (G)
Kari Lehtonen (G)
Antti Niemi (G)
Justin Peters (G)

Protected
Jamie Benn (F)
Radek Faksa (F)
Valeri Nichushkin (F)
Brett Ritchie (F)
Antoine Roussel (F)
Tyler Seguin (F)
Jason Spezza (F)
Stephen Johns (D)
John Klingberg (D)
Esa Lindell (D)
Ben Bishop (G)

Cody Eakin exposed, damn it Nill.

Better pray to my lucky stars that McPhee is dumb enough to take Lehtonen.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs protecting everyone I thought they would aside from the Drouin / Lehkonen swap I had to do. Wonder if Vegas would have any legitimate interest in Hudon, hopefully not. Bergevin needs to try and swing a deal to get them to take Pleks or Emelin.

calder

Omg that Coyotes protection list is so sad. So so sad.

Ken Holland has been terrible for years now but leaving Mrazek exposed is hilarious.

Available
Brendan Leipsic

Protected
Matt Martin

oY9Q9aj.gif

Mentok

Banned
Habs protecting everyone I thought they would aside from the Drouin / Lehkonen swap I had to do. Wonder if Vegas would have any legitimate interest in Hudon, hopefully not. Bergevin needs to try and swing a deal to get them to take Pleks or Emelin.
Out of that list, Hudon is the only one they should have interest in. Hoping there's a deal on Pleks (doubtful) or Emelin (more likely) and we can resign Rads from the money freed up.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Out of that list, Hudon is the only one they should have interest in. Hoping there's a deal on Pleks (doubtful) or Emelin (more likely) and we can resign Rads from the money freed up.
I agree, lots of beat writers seem to think they'll go for Davidson though. You'd have to think Bergevin will do what he can to protect Hudon after giving him that contract.

was the last expansion draft protection list also only 10 players?

some of the available names sound crazy to me

No it is a lot nore restrictive on all the other teams this time. Which is dumb because back then there were two teams coming into the league and there were more higher quality players protected.

Wild and Jackets got boned in the old expansion draft.

imBask

Banned
No it is a lot nore restrictive on all the other teams this time. Which is dumb because back then there were two teams coming into the league and there were more higher quality players protected.

Wild and Jackets got boned in the old expansion draft.
2000 draft protection list :
one goaltender, five defensemen, and nine forwards

you guys got bamboozled hard, and TWO teams had to pick from what was left

That's some typical Bettman shit right there, trying to make his new desert child project look good

Solo

Looking at the Habs' list....

MONTREAL CANADIENS

Available
Daniel Carr (F)
Connor Crisp (F)
Jacob De La Rose (F)
Bobby Farnham (F)
Brian Flynn (F)
Max Friberg (F)
Charles Hudon (F)
Dwight King (F)
Stefan Matteau (F)
Torrey Mitchell (F)
Joonas Nattinen (F)
Steve Ott (F)
Tomas Plekanec (F)
Alexander Radulov (F)
Chris Terry (F)
Brandon Davidson (D)
Alexei Emelin (D)
Keegan Lowe (D)
Andrei Markov (D)
Nikita Nesterov (D)
Zach Redmond (D)
Dalton Thrower (D)
Al Montoya (G)

Our team is so bad that it doesn't matter who Vegas takes. Not a single one of these names being gone will upset me in the slightest (since we all know Markov will re-sign with Montreal). Good riddance to whomever LV takes!

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
2000 draft protection list :

you guys got bamboozled hard, and TWO teams had to pick from what was left

That's some typical Bettman shit right there, trying to make his new desert child project look good

This is McPhee we're talking about here. He may be good at scouting and drafting promising upcoming talent, but he has a tendency to turn into an idiot when it comes to evaluating veteran players' value.

I wouldn't be surprised if LVGK still turn into a dumpster fire regardless how favorable this expansion draft is supposedly is for them.

imBask

Banned
the most Canadiens thing that could happen is Hudon turning out to be a 70 points centerman in Las Vegas starting this season

yyzjohn

Banned
This is McPhee we're talking about here. He may be good at scouting and drafting promising upcoming talent, but he has a tendency to turn into an idiot when it comes to evaluating veteran players' value.

I wouldn't be surprised if LVGK still turn into a dumpster fire regardless how favorable this expansion draft is supposedly is for them.

Can he go off the board and take Martin Erat?

Solo

It just occurred to me that if Bergevin is set on trading AGally that the clock is ticking - on July 1 AGally could theoretically sign an offer sheet. Bergevin doesn't match if he doesn't want to keep the player, and they lose AGally for nothing but a 2nd rounder.

:(

Looking at the Habs' list....

MONTREAL CANADIENS

Available
Daniel Carr (F)
Connor Crisp (F)
Jacob De La Rose (F)
Bobby Farnham (F)
Brian Flynn (F)
Max Friberg (F)
Charles Hudon (F)
Dwight King (F)
Stefan Matteau (F)
Torrey Mitchell (F)
Joonas Nattinen (F)
Steve Ott (F)
Tomas Plekanec (F)
Alexander Radulov (F)
Chris Terry (F)
Brandon Davidson (D)
Alexei Emelin (D)
Keegan Lowe (D)
Andrei Markov (D)
Nikita Nesterov (D)
Zach Redmond (D)
Dalton Thrower (D)
Al Montoya (G)

Our team is so bad that it doesn't matter who Vegas takes. Not a single one of these names being gone will upset me in the slightest (since we all know Markov will re-sign with Montreal). Good riddance to whomever LV takes!

I see Jacob De La Rose going or Davidson

EDMONTON OILERS

Available
David Desharnais (F)
Justin Fontaine (F)
Matt Hendricks (F)
Roman Horak (F)
Jujhar Khaira (F)
Anton Lander (F)
Iiro Pakarinen (F)
Tyler Pitlick (F)
Zach Pochiro (F)
Benoit Pouliot (F)
Henrik Samuelsson (F)
Bogdan Yakimov (F)
Mark Fayne (D)
Andrew Ference (D)
Mark Fraser (D)
Eric Gryba (D)
David Musil (D)
Jordan Oesterle (D)
Griffin Reinhart (D)
Kris Russell (D)
Dillon Simpson (D)
Laurent Brossoit (G)
Jonas Gustavsson (G)

Protected
Leon Draisaitl (F)
Jordan Eberle (F)
Zack Kassian (F)
Mark Letestu (F)
Milan Lucic (F)
Patrick Maroon (F)
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (F)
Oscar Klefbom (D)
Adam Larsson (D)
Andrej Sekera (D)
Cam Talbot (G)

Hmm, I think Vegas will potentially take Reinhart, Hendricks, Desharnais, or Pouliot.

WINNIPEG JETS

Available
Marko Dano (F)
Quinton Howden (F)
Scott Kosmachuk (F)
Tomas Kubalik (F)
JC Lipon (F)
Shawn Matthias (F)
Ryan Olsen (F)
Anthony Peluso (F)
Chris Thorburn (F)
Ben Chiarot (D)
Toby Enstrom (D)
Brenden Kichton (D)
Julian Melchiori (D)
Paul Postma (D)
Brian Strait (D)
Mark Stuart (D)
Michael Hutchinson (G)
Ondrej Pavelec (G)

Protected
Joel Armia (F)
Andrew Copp (F)
Bryan Little (F)
Adam Lowry (F)
Mathieu Perreault (F)
Mark Scheifele (F)
Blake Wheeler (F)
Dustin Byfuglien (D)
Tyler Myers (D)
Jacob Trouba (D)
Connor Hellebuyck (G)

Dano is almost certainly gone for sure. Beyond that, Nothing of any real value would be lost in this draft for Winnipeg if they decided against picking Dano.

zroid

Banned
Desharnais as an Oiler is just one of those things which is too bizarre for me to ever be able to remember as reality

Top Bottom