• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
After all those trades: Chicago is still over the cap

Trade Toews already
And still somehow over the cap.

Actually, looking at CapFriendly right now is pretty fascinating. The top three cap hits in the NHL right now are Chicago, Vegas, and the Islanders. Weird weird times. :D

Razorskin

----- ------
I mean, the Saad trade isn't really THAT bad. Especially compared tot he Hjalmarsson trade. that one makes no sense.

Why was Arizona on a list of 10 teams?

And how did none of the other 9 teams offer anything better?!
Why wouldn't Arizona be a top destination for NHL players??

Arrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooo

Foggy

tenor.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
Did not expect all this when i went to lunch. Whoa.

First deal:

Losing Hammer fucking hurts me. Dude has been an amazing player for the Hawks and it kills me that hes leaving. Murphy is ok but hes not going to fully replace Hammer. Dont know much about Dauphin but more centers hooray I guess.

With Hammer, Im guessing they wanted to sell high. The amount of punishment hes taken in his career is absurd. Not sure how long hes going to go before the wheels start falling off but Im still crushed to see him go. Huge hole in the Hawks D now.

Second deal:

Honestly not that broken up about this one. Points wise, Panarin was about the same but I think he regressed as a player quite a bit this season. Started doing nothing else but waiting for the same one timer over and over again. Plays absolutely no defense so that line was constantly pinned in its own zone. Panarin is better but I think Saad is a more well rounded player. Happy to have him back. Plus Saad is younger and locked up longer.

PillarEN

Saad is a Blackhawk again? Whaaa? Never would have dreamed that happening at the draft in a million years.

Oh and Coyotes filling in some holes. Cool stuff. Raanta and Stepan. That's neat. Happy for Queso. He seemed really down recently.

Solo

So Hawks basically lost ~20 points a season in going from Panarin to Saad. Damn. I guess at least Saad is locked up long term.

Marvie_3

Banned
So glad these trades happened now because my gf and I are going to Chicago this fall for a game. She was going to get a Panarin jersey and I was going to get Hjalmarsson and Keith jerseys. :lol

The real bummer about the Panarin trade is that Soup and a Sandwich is now over.

https://youtu.be/YVFJchrB1Wk

So Hawks basically lost ~20 points a season in going from Panarin to Saad. Damn. I guess at least Saad is locked up long term.
Saad is noticeably better defensively though.

I need some kind of diagram or flowchart or something.

These deals seem like they could be good enough to help the Coyotes get into a position to get in with an 8 seed and a first round bounce.

I wonder what they're going to trade Tyson Nash and the beer guy who works section 110 for.

zroid

Banned
I didn't realize Connor Murphy was on such a long term deal. And he's making almost $4M? Isn't he like, a 3rd pair guy? wtf...

PillarEN

Hamonic requested a trade to Western Canada last year or so. From that perspective Calgary would be the team that he'd want to join most likely.

Top Bottom