• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Anyone got a link to that player comparison site with the coloured bars? And 3rd/2nd line indicators and such?

PillarEN

someone post that gif of stepan telling lundqvist to calm down

Had to make it as I didn't find it.

qjz903.gif

Foggy

Aaron Portzline‏ @Aportzline 18m18 minutes ago
Wonder if acquisition of Panarin is, in any way, a sweetener for Ilya Kovalchuk, who's been discussed by #CBJ. The two were teammates in KHL

giphy.gif

Revenant

The hammer trade.....yikes..

Panarin for saad, if you think that's lopsided id ask you go watch panarins play thats not just scoring recaps. For the money I'd rather have saad for 4 than panarin for two when he leaves anyway

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Dreger said Wings in on Hamonic, but if Holland gives up #9 and what will assuredly be a higher pick next year, he needs to be fired instantly.

The Bulls: Watch us make a nonsensical trade!
The Hawks: Hold my beer...

Seriously, as much as I liked Saad when he was here, giving up Panarin, a Calder trophy winner and legit scorer just makes me scratch my head.

Last year:
Saad – 24 goals and 29 assists
Panarin – 31 goals and 43 assists

That's a big difference.

My guess is the Hawks are looking forward and realizing they won't be able to afford to resign Panarin when his contract is up, especially given his trajectory.

Foggy

The Bulls: Watch us make a nonsensical trade!
The Hawks: Hold my beer...

Seriously, as much as I liked Saad when he was here, giving up Panarin, a Calder trophy winner and legit scorer just makes me scratch my head.

Last year:

That's a big difference.

My guess is the Hawks are looking forward and realizing they won't be able to afford to resign Panarin when his contract is up, especially given his trajectory.

Am I crazy or wasn't the consensus that the Hawks could have held onto Saad and given him his 6x6 contract if they hadn't waited to trade Sharp to the Stars?

Or that they already have great prospects and need proven NHLers for a 7th overall pick in a weak draft.
yea seriously, ARI is making great moves. Raanta is a starter and they manged to dump Mike Smith already, and Stepan is easily their 1C now.

there was also someone posting line quality estimates using Game Score (terribly named stat).
https://twitter.com/domluszczyszyn/status/877927511241490434

I havent looked into their shit thoroughly though

Marvie_3

Banned
Last year:

That's a big difference.
That big difference is Patrick Kane.

Am I crazy or wasn't the consensus that the Hawks could have held onto Saad and given him his 6x6 contract if they hadn't waited to trade Sharp to the Stars?

They were still over the cap. Saad would have had to have taken 3-4 on a bridge to make it work.

Top Bottom