• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Foggy

Just realized the BJs powerplay could look like Atkinson-Panarin-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand-Werenski. It's giving me the vapors.

Also, just read that Bowman thinks Forsberg is going to be their #2 goaltender. For Chicago's sake, I pray there's someone good in the AHL for them. For whatever reason, Forsberg shits the bed really hard when he gets called up.

Futureman

Your post got buried in with all this trade stuff, but I think that's pretty kool.

How is he?

Honestly kind of hard to tell. We were both very drunk. He seemed good to me though. My friend and I thanked him for his performance in Game 7 Wings/Pens in '09.

mMQLP3f.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, everybody seems to think there's going to be another amnesty buyout period with the next lockout/CBA. So you can just dump a contract like Oshie's then. That's probably going to be our reasoning when we give Shattenkirk the crazy term he's looking for.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
that makes no fucking sense

That pay schedule seems to suggest they only actually expect to have him playing through 2021. The salary then goes back up again after that to try to minimize the impact of a buyout cap hit penalty by making it so the money isn't all front loaded, thus reducing the "cap circumvention" involved in giving him max term.

Merguson

Banned
guys duh

they'll have a new lockout

and then the caps will use the amnesty buyout on oshie

its so simple

no wonder you guys arent nhl gms

Yawnier

Banned
Fuuuuck they just showed Lou talking to Garth Snow like at least 4 times tonight

This fucking team is gonna overpay for Hamonic fuuuuuuuuuck kill me

Samyy

Fuuuuck they just showed Lou talking to Garth Snow like at least 4 times tonight

This fucking team is gonna overpay for Hamonic fuuuuuuuuuck kill me

Maybe they're not talking about Hamonic?
Would love to get De Haan....but yea fuck off Lou

Merguson

Banned
Leafs have been linked to Jason Demers, Mark Pysyk, Travis Hamonic, Kevin Shattenkirk, Tyson Barrie, Matt Dumba, Sami Vatanen, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Chris Tanev, Marc Methot, Colin Miller and Nate Schmidt.

I missed some probably.

Top Bottom