• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

PillarEN

How can any NHL goalie not reach 900? That's terrible.

And Anaheim wants 914 Miller for a million. That would be fantastic for them.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@FriedgeHNIC

Cam Fowler's extension in ANA -- coming into effect next season -- expected to be 8 years with a $6.5M AAV

at least it's better than

@PierreVLeBrun

Sharks have signed Marc-Edouard Vlasic to an 8-year, $56 million extension ($7 M aav) and Martin Jones to a 6-year deal worth $5.75 M aav

imBask

Banned
@FriedgeHNIC

Cam Fowler's extension in ANA -- coming into effect next season -- expected to be 8 years with a $6.5M AAV

at least it's better than

@PierreVLeBrun

Sharks have signed Marc-Edouard Vlasic to an 8-year, $56 million extension ($7 M aav) and Martin Jones to a 6-year deal worth $5.75 M aav

Vlasic 8 years? isn't he like 31...

LTIR Island here he comes

Merguson

Banned
Would I rather have signed Hunwick to his contract than Hainsey at his? Probably.

2 years probably guarantees some young D will eventually push Hainsey out by then.. on the other hand you would be stuck with Hunwick with an additional year while needing that cap space to sign Matthews and Marner.

Cactus

Banned
Hainsey on the third pair and PK for two years over Polak and Hunwick isn't terrible. The only negative is that he might end up taking a spot from Rosen or Dermott this year.

Since the Leafs decided to actually use the AHL as a development league, this is how it's gone. I don't think there was ever a chance that these young fockin swedes were ever going to start the season in the NHL.

yyzjohn

Banned
The term honestly doesn't bother me too much, it's the AAV. $3M or so is too way much for a #6 d-man on a +35 contract

It's (obviously) not as bad as the Alzner contract but still

Higher salary for one less season. He probably wanted 3 years like Hunwick got.

Top Bottom