• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Thornton said he was in constant contact with Marleau the past few days to try to persuade him stay. General manager Doug Wilson said Thornton even waited to finalize the dollar amount on his contract until after Marleau made his decision in case the team needed more money under the salary cap.

Dammit Patty, Thornton was even willing to give up even more money for you to stay and you left still! =(

$18 million for three years is hard to pass up though

zroid

Banned
Thornton said he was in constant contact with Marleau the past few days to try to persuade him stay. General manager Doug Wilson said Thornton even waited to finalize the dollar amount on his contract until after Marleau made his decision in case the team needed more money under the salary cap.

Dammit Patty, Thornton was even willing to give up even more money for you to stay and you left still! =(

$18 million for three years is hard to pass up though

this is like Dave Bolland's free agency except in reverse

Socreges

Banned
Saw Baby Driver

Good movie but....last third is poorly done at times. Shame

This checks out
an.gif

yyzjohn

Banned
Still can't believe Marleau is a Leaf. I mean I heard all the rumors but you never really put stock in them considering Marleau was with the Sharks for what, 19 years? You just figured he'd retire in SJ.

Low risk move by Leafs, if he doesn't work out in the first two years I'm sure there's a gentleman's agreement to move him in year 3 since his actual money owed is only like 1.25 million after his bonus gets paid on July 1. Hopefully he still has game left and plays well alongside Matthews. Could be some nice PP looks now too.

I think in the weeks to come one of JVR or Komarov gets traded. Leafs still look to upgrade on D.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Where does Bozak fit in that Toronto lineup now? Toronto must be trading someone soon with the signing of Marleau

Leafs seem intent on keeping him because he is great at faceoffs

Though we don't reaaalllly need him because nylander exists and kapanen should be higher in the lineup

Yawnier

Banned
I disagree man. They need to make a trade for a dman. JVR+ seems like a reasonable guess.

To clarify I have zero problem with either one of them or both being traded and I don't think they will be resigned next summer anyway, but with someone like a Hamonic off the market now idk what d-man is out there that they are gonna trade JVR+ for

Delryk

lol. that too.

was saying when you have good draft picks and good management, they'll eventually come...

the new Toronto management had to wipe all the shit left from other managements over decades - that alone is a big accomplishement. Now they need to stay classy in this new 'era' and keep doing whatever they're doing. ;)

Top Bottom