• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Holiday

Banned
Duchene would be great and after losing Kunitz and Cullen most likely retiring having a veteran like Thornton could be great for the pens especially on the power play.

Do the Pens need 3 1Cs? Having Duchene or Thornton play on the 3rd line would be wasteful, especially at their price.

EDIT: Also, the Pens don't need veterans anymore. Crosby and Malkin and Letang are the veterans.

Duchene would be great and after losing Kunitz and Cullen most likely retiring having a veteran like Thornton could be great for the pens especially on the power play.

What defensemen are we trading for Duchene?

How much are we paying thorton after walking away from Bonino?

Why are we pissing away money on centers when we have Malkin and Crosby? None of that makes sense, it's moronic.

After you get Thornton you should find a way to get Getzlaf too.

Do the Pens need 3 1Cs? Having Duchene or Thornton play on the 3rd line would be wasteful, especially at their price.

EDIT: Also, the Pens don't need veterans anymore. Crosby and Malkin and Letang are the veterans.

What defensemen are we trading for Duchene?

How much are we paying thorton after walking away from Bonino?

Why are we pissing away money on centers when we have Malkin and Crosby? None of that makes sense, it's moronic.

Don't want both one or the other, need someone for the third line center. Nothing wrong with having another great center on the third line as long as the price isn't terrible.

As far as Thorton is concerned I wouldn't want to depend depend any more than a mil or two for a year

Don't want both one or the other, need someone for the third line center. Nothing wrong with having another great center on the third line as long as the price isn't terrible.

Yes, there is when you have a cap to manage. Yeah, we should have given him the $8mm contract he just got to be on par with Sid to play the third line or the kinds ransom of defensemen/picks that Avs have been asking for with Duchene. You're living in a fantasy world and wanting us to overpay for players we don't even need.

yyzjohn

Banned
Interesting Marleau contract. His 3rd year is only 4.25 actual money paid. Could be attractive to a team that wants to hit cap floor.

Yes, there is when you have a cap to manage. Yeah, we should have given him the $8mm contract he just got to be on par with Sid to play the third line or the kinds ransom of defensemen/picks that Avs have been asking for with Duchene. You're living in a fantasy world and wanting us to overpay for players we don't even need.

Don't think we're on the same page, said below I wouldn't want Thornton for more than a million or two a year(more of come to use for a cheap for a much better chance at the cup). 8m a year is insane and a dumb move for San Jose.

Simply concerned at the pens depth at center.

Acid08

Banned
Price increased when Marleau left. Feels like this is going to be Jumbo's last year here.

As far as Thorton is concerned I wouldn't want to depend depend any more than a mil or two for a year

LOL you're out of your fucking mind

Don't think we're on the same page, said below I wouldn't want Thornton for more than a million or two a year(more of come to use for a cheap for a much better chance at the cup). 8m a year is insane and a dumb move for San Jose.

It's expensive for sure but we had almost 20m in cap space before this signing with only some insignificant RFA contracts left to do. We're fine.

Mentok

Banned
Just got back from a Canada Day party to see all the signings...WTF is going on out there?

In Montreal's case, I'm happy we have Price locked up, wished it was under 10 mil, but a necessary signing. If they traded Price, there's no way they'd get equal value back, and it would officially announce a rebuild. As I've read it though, $70mil is signing bonuses, so although his cap hit is $10.5 mil, his actual salary is significantly less with no NMC. That's huge should they decide to trade him in the future. I truly believe this contract will mark a trade for Patches in the near future though.

Don't know what they hell the Leafs are doing with Marleau...such an odd addition.

Holiday

Banned
A pens fan concerned about the depth at center is this for real

about 29 other team fans will tell you to fuck off

Seriously, I'm rooting for a team with roughly 20 left wings, no time to sweat about having only 2 hall of fame centers in their prime.

Jumbo signed his contract after mowing the lawn lol
09tBUmD.jpg

lol I will quit will I'm ahead since I'm apparently not making any sense. I'm concerned who the third line center will be since losing bonino not the team I general.

Any other team should be jealous of them, not saying we're weak. Best team in the NHL right now.

He would never sign for a million. This is worse than the terrible leafs trade ideas for the past 5 pages.
A pens fan concerned about the depth at center is this for real

about 29 other team fans will tell you to fuck off

Even penguin fans are saying he's insane though.

zroid

Banned
Interesting Marleau contract. His 3rd year is only 4.25 actual money paid. Could be attractive to a team that wants to hit cap floor.

Also worth noting is that he is being paid heavily in signing bonuses, so if you trade him after the 3rd year bonus is paid out, he is only due $1.25 million in real money.

Marvie_3

Banned
Marvie is your game collection full of unplayed games that you gobbled up because the price was right?
Nah. I only have about 5 physical games.

Most of my backlog anymore is all stuff that was free on XBL.

A few of the jerseys I bought were for other people. A few of the Hawks blanks are ones that I can get customized later.
Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen the authentic anywhere close to $100. I was really shocked when I walked in.
Yeah if they have any authentics when I get back to NYC im going to grab another Hawks one.

Top Bottom