• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Marvie_3

Banned
Pittsburgh vs. Chicago is the only acceptable Cup final this upcoming season.
Chicago vs. Pittsburgh are already playing a series of 4 outdoor games this season. Thats enough between those 2 teams.

I wish Tavares would just sign with NYI already. Not looking forward to even more articles and fb posts about how he's "coming home" to the Leafs.
This.

Plus I want to get Tavares put on one of my Islanders authentics but I wont do it until he signs.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
great now you're gonna get Dopey and Heretic to post here all pissy

Halo 3 exists tho

but if you've known me, i've been supremely critical of 343... but unlike some of the shit trolls in GAF, I've been fair about my criticism.

I haven't been happy about the change to COD like mechanics. I haven't been happy about the story direction. I haven't been happy about the how the worlds are constructed and layered.

They are still good games, but not very good halo games.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Halo 5 is probably my favorite MP Halo from a gameplay perspective also in time played. Moose should have my back on this.

They just need better maps and matchmaking.

imBask

Banned
I had fun playing Halo 3 online with my friends, but that's my only Halo experience... I have a tendency to buy every console ever but I skipped the xbone, that should be a pretty good indicator of the state of exclusive games for that thing

don't care for Halo or GoW and Forza is playable on PC now so whatevs

Cake Boss

Banned
Hey Silex, did power go out in your building too?

Immediately thought it was a terrorist attack lol.

They telling us to stay on our floor while they investigate.

Parch

I think Drai is worth it at that price. Edmonton has their own Crosby Malkin tandem,
The Draisaitl contract ain't cheap and certainly comes with more risk than McDavid's. How much he can produce on his own line should determine if it was worth it not. Still paying for potential but he hasn't reached peak age yet.

Oilers obviously all in with these two. Since both were willing to go with 8 years contracts shows that they're just as dedicated to the cause. All about the supporting cast now. They've got 8 years to find the right mix.

Silexx

Hey Silex, did power go out in your building too?

Immediately thought it was a terrorist attack lol.

They telling us to stay on our floor while they investigate.

Power went out for about 20 mins. We didn't have any evacuation orders or anything, we were free to roam around.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Boston is not going to trade Pastrnak. He has potential to be one of the greatest players of all time. There are only 5 guys in the league who are true comparables with Pastrnak - Matthews, McDavid, Marner, William Nylander and Liljegren. But, those players are not being traded. Neither is Pastrnak.

Just saw this. Fantastic.

Ondor

Banned
Halo 5 is probably my favorite MP Halo from a gameplay perspective also in time played. Moose should have my back on this.

They just need better maps and matchmaking.
The matchmaking is terrible. My brother and I occassionally play together and we had this one game go 25-7 in tag-team where one player got 26 kills. The other player commited suicide once. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing gods. The actual gameplay is the funnest it's ever been, personally.

I had fun playing Halo 3 online with my friends, but that's my only Halo experience... I have a tendency to buy every console ever but I skipped the xbone, that should be a pretty good indicator of the state of exclusive games for that thing

don't care for Halo or GoW and Forza is playable on PC now so whatevs
Good choice, it really is a wasteland. All exclusive games I've cared about either got cancelled, delayed, or were trash. Scalebound and phantom pain cancelled, below and crackdown delayed, recore and mcc were buggy messes. I'm convinced it's called the Xbone because bare bones is all that console is. That and constant UI updates😐 Switch is the last console I use now and the rest is PC.

Hoping Halo ends up coming for PC eventually (like forza).
I'm pretty sure Halo 6 is coming to PC but probably the terrible windows store so I'm not sure if you can count that.

imBask

Banned
they could move that statue to Quebec City instead of the team, a symbol of racism is actually more accurate to represent them than a hockey team

Montresor

Yep Xbox 1st-party looks grim. But as someone who only plays on Xbox there is too much good software for me to play on Xbox One. No where near enough time in the day. So whether the stuff that's coming out is exclusive or not doesn't matter to me personally. I'm happy with the system, very happy, but I could see how others would not be, and to be frank, I'm loyal to the brand anyway. Microsoft has to work hard to change things, not necessarily to get my business but to convince people that aren't chained to the brand like I am to buy Xbox. There isn't much reason to buy Xbox otherwise.

imBask

Banned
*habs fans blackface pics*

if only you could understand Quebec City's radio, at any time, any moment

One of the top radio show in Quebec city right now is hosted by someone who just came out as being homosexual in his 40s and thinks homosexuals should calm down because bullying "doesn't happen anymore". His justfication is that he wasn't bullied

Another host said he didn't wanna see a handicaped artist on TV during diner because it was giving him nausea. That guy was fired at some point for some other rancid comments and there were manifestations to keep him on the air

Anti-islam comments are pretty much a normal thing over there

I could pull up more examples if you're interested in hearing them. This city is fucked and full of the most idiotic people in the world.

Alucard

Banned
*habs fans blackface pics*

It's okay when it's in tribute, right?

One of the top radio show in Quebec city right now is hosted by someone who just came out as being homosexual in his 40s and thinks homosexuals should calm down because bullying "doesn't happen anymore". His justfication is that he wasn't bullied

Another host said he didn't wanna see a handicaped artist on TV during diner because it was giving him nausea. That guy was fired at some point for some other rancid comments and there were manifestations to keep him on the air

I could pull up more examples if you're interested in hearing them. This city is fucked and full of the most idiotic people in the world.

This is not surprising to me. :-/

Pikma

Banned

That sounds pretty liberal compared to my country

guys

What do I do in downtown LA for the next few hours. We have a car and time to kill

You have time to kill? That will go towards being stuck in traffic. What do you like to do?

I mean, I wouldn't mind. I just don't want Perry groping the Stanley Cup.

He's a good guy though. He'll probably have a lousy season now that I think about him having a baby and being a father. He'll probably mellow out and not be keen on going to the front of the net as much.

And I know how much people hate Kesler, but I just want to see Anaheim win it all! We're all mighty ducks y'all.

How walkable is LA?

It's somewhat walkable because the car traffic is so bad.

Socreges

Banned
You have time to kill? That will go towards being stuck in traffic. What do you like to do?

He's a good guy though. He'll probably have a lousy season now that I think about him having a baby and being a father. He'll probably mellow out and not be keen on going to the front of the net as much.

And I know how much people hate Kesler, but I just want to see Anaheim win it all! We're all mighty ducks y'all.
Drink beer....I dunno. The car is actually a problem since then we can't drink much.

Drink beer....I dunno. The car is actually a problem since then we can't drink much.

I'd check out some Korean BBQ places

There's a good sausage place in the arts district called Wurstkuche

They're also right next to Angel City Brewery

You could drive somewhere that isnt LA and have more fun.

We can welcome him to the OC
ljectkO.gif

Socreges

Banned
I'd check out some Korean BBQ places

There's a good sausage place in the arts district called Wurstkuche

They're also right next to Angel City Brewery

We can welcome him to the OC
ljectkO.gif
Could do the wurstkache near Venice Beach since it isn't far from the hotel. Anything in that area near LAX? That way we can drink and just taxi/Uber back...

Thanks for the tips

Pikma

Banned
Halo 3 exists tho

but if you've known me, i've been supremely critical of 343... but unlike some of the shit trolls in GAF, I've been fair about my criticism.

I haven't been happy about the change to COD like mechanics. I haven't been happy about the story direction. I haven't been happy about the how the worlds are constructed and layered.

They are still good games, but not very good halo games.
"I don'tlike them... but they're good games"

What

Bah, that radio station stil isn't as big as Ezra Levant's bullshit, or a guy like Bill O'Reilly. Media's full of shitbag polemists like this everywhere in the world.

It's true that they're more popular in Quebec City than in the rest of Quebec, but still, Average Joes are dumb pretty much everywhere.

Top Bottom