• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Alucard

Banned
Sure, but it's not very often the Caps are going to have as successful a season as they did, with a Vezina season from their goalie, and a roster of guys like Ovie, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Williams, Carlson, Niskanen, AND face a team like the Flyers first round and then face a team with a rookie goalie, and missing one of their best D men. It's been laid out perfectly for them, and they're still not able to do it, I mean what else needs to happen for them to get there?

*shrugs* I'd feel bad for them if they were facing any other team except the Pens, but they're not, so nope. :)

Montresor

Ugh come on Capitals. They were the only remaining eastern team that has never won a Cup. :(

I'm all for teams breaking droughts. Tampa and Pittsburgh have won too recently for my tastes. I wonder if somehow NYI can find a way to overcome the Lightning (Kutcherov seems way too damn good), how would NYI fare against Pittsburgh?

Then again the Washington-Pittsburgh series isn't over.... *guffaws*

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
There we go. There's the gif I was hoping for.

Engdkoa.gif

iLLmAtlc

Kingbroly if you're reading this cheer up. Nobody hates anybody here, if you're gonna brag about winning the cup in February of course people are gonna throw some salt your way. Everyone in here has had salt thrown at them. It's never personal and all in good fun.

Alucard

Banned
Ugh come on Capitals. They were the only remaining eastern team that has never won a Cup. :(

I'm all for teams breaking droughts. Tampa and Pittsburgh have won too recently for my tastes. I wonder if somehow NYI can find a way to overcome the Lightning (Kutcherov seems way too damn good), how would NYI fare against Pittsburgh?

Then again the Washington-Pittsburgh series isn't over.... *guffaws*

It's not. Anything can happen, and the Pens have blown big leads before. However, I really feel this is a different team and that they have what it takes to go all the way. A matchup against the Isles or Lightning would be a challenge, though. Both teams can beat and have beaten Pittsburgh. But yeah, don't wanna look too far ahead. This series still isn't over.

Alucard

Banned
The last time the Penguins were up 3-1 in a second round series, they lost

Different team. Different coach. Different mental toughness. These Pens are much more focused and not so easily rattled. #analysis

Another random stat...Pens are 43-0 when leading after 2 periods this season. (regular and playoffs combined)

zroid

Banned
Different team. Different coach. Different mental toughness. These Pens are much more focused and not so easily rattled. #analysis

Another random stat...Pens are 43-0 when leading after 2 periods this season. (regular and playoffs combined)
Im just trying to give the Caps fans some hope :p

Alucard

Banned
Well, 'nite ya'll. Go Pens. Was seriously expecting a loss, so consider me very pleasantly surprised. I love you, Mike Sullivan.

And some choice quotes from the Caps' official message board:

"The only way to be out of this misery it to give up on this team. Something to seriously consider in the off season. This has stopped being fun."

"I hope they fold on Saturday and get it over with. A lame win or two will just keep the managements faith in these losers.. I pray GMBM shakes the house!! Earthquake style!!!"

"Caps aren't scoring goals. That's why they're going home. Pittsburgh plays their system better than the Caps do. It's simple."

"Glad I didn't watch or even score check. It's never going to change folks. Wish it will in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first. It will NEVER change."

"My bachelor party is this Saturday. We are supposed to be watching the caps game lol. Not feeling too good about it now."

"This team has as much or more talent than Pitt. Pitt is simply much better coached and they also look like they actually want it. We hardly ever do. We're like all those Ottawa teams that would get 100+ points and fold immediately in the playoffs."

"Scary part was Trotz post-game. He has not got any idea what to do."

"Geez.. They're showing the "Save the Caps" campaign from 75'.. I remember being on the phone, as a 7 year old, to WPRW every night winning tickets to games.. God they sucked.. lol Some things never change!!"

This fanbase is on a ledge. Almost feel bad for them. Almost. This series still isn't over, though.

iLLmAtlc

I think the caps are extremely unlikely to come back. There's nothing to suggest they've been underperforming or getting unlucky. It's been very closely contested so if they're gonna come back they'll need everything to go their way to win 3 hard fought games.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think the caps are extremely unlikely to come back. There's nothing to suggest they've been underperforming or getting unlucky. It's been very closely contested so if they're gonna come back they'll need everything to go their way to win 3 hard fought games.
The #pens haven't lost consecutive games since January. The #caps will need to beat them three times in a week.
Good luck with that. This was a must win with Letang out.

Yawnier

Banned
Kingbroly if you're reading this cheer up. Nobody hates anybody here, if you're gonna brag about winning the cup in February of course people are gonna throw some salt your way. Everyone in here has had salt thrown at them. It's never personal and all in good fun.

What the hell happened to him anyways?

Caps-gaf has prob been as non-existent as Blues-gaf in these playoffs.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Come on, KingBroly. This is a child's game being played by adult millionaires, many of which haven't mentally advanced past the age of 13. It's not worth letting it affect you in such a negative way. The extent of your negative reaction should be disappointment in the idea of not being able to watch your team until next season.

MultiJhonny, you are allowed to have your life ruined over the events of this evening.

iLLmAtlc

Who else is pumped for uncharted 4 reviews. Either the game is good or we get to witness meltdowns across neogaf, there's no losing.

Acid08

Banned
Broly, your self worth is way more important than a sport. Your worth has nothing to do with your team winning or losing.

Socreges

Banned
KingBroly posts some strange shit and sometimes I get Forza vibes, but for the most part he just comes across as a sincere fan excited about his team. I've got nothing against the guy and don't really care about him getting his comeuppance or anything

Gonna be OK, Broly 👍 If this isn't the year, Caps will be great next year too

I had to go sleep to not be dead for work this morning...poor Caps :( That second round kryptonite.

I just want Ovi to get a cup 😩

UC3 was trash yet was also critically praised over its graphics and cinematic "gameplay" so unless UC4 picks it up a lot this was always going to be one of those 50% off/eventual price drop purchases for me.

yuraya

There we go. There's the gif I was hoping for.

Engdkoa.gif

Poor Ovi :(

How many years can such a great player choke before finally becoming a champion? He has already gone well past the point that Lebron and Jordan had to go through. Must be hard for him. Hopefully he gets to hold up that cup one day. Seems very unlikely it will be this year.

Alucard

Banned
Poor Ovi :(

How many years can such a great player choke before finally becoming a champion? He has already gone well past the point that Lebron and Jordan had to go through. Must be hard for him. Hopefully he gets to hold up that cup one day. Seems very unlikely it will be this year.

I'll allow him a Cup next year if the Pens win it this year.

Top Bottom