• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Alucard

Banned
The Pittsburgh Penguins are playing against the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight. It is game one of a best-of-seven series. The team who scores more goals will win the game. Guaranteed.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Pittsburgh Penguins are playing against the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight. It is game one of a best-of-seven series. The team who scores more goals will win the game. Guaranteed.

I strongly believe that one of these two teams will find themselves playing for the Cup in June. Just you wait and see.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Quit trying to ruin the game with your advanced statistics.

Calamari41

41 > 38

duhlines495.jpg

The fuck out of here with your insane bullshit.

Chris R

My final rankings in terms of preference are as follows: Sharks -> Bolts -> Blues -> A meteor impacting the surface of the earth, preventing any sports from being played for a millennium -> Pens.

Calamari41

41 > 38
ehh...that depends on whether some of the goals were disallowed or not.

ALSO, what if there's a bunch of own-goals? Then the team that scored the most goals would lose.

These "predictions" are falling apart by the minute. Can't wait for the wall of shame, I've already got it keyed up in another tab.

imBask

Banned
Has imbask been this salty and unpleasant throughout the entire season?

:lol

look it's been a hard season alright, prease understand. everything will be fine next year when we sign Stamkos and win the cup easily. I will then embrace the power of positivity

Solo

:lol

look it's been a hard season alright, prease understand. everything will be fine next year when we sign Stamkos and win the cup easily. I will then embrace the power of positivity

You know we aren't signing Stamkos. We'll sign another project, another journeyman, 2 more grinders and ice 90% the same team as last year, make the playoffs because Price, but be eliminated in round 1 or 2 because Price alone doesn't make you a contender, and Therrien will still be coach heading into 2017-2018. Molson doesn't care about winning a Cup, just about getting a round or 2 of dat playoff revenue.

Quote this in May 2017 for truth.

imBask

Banned
You know we aren't signing Stamkos. We'll sign another project, another journeyman, 2 more grinders and ice 90% the same team as last year, make the playoffs because Price, but be eliminated in round 1 or 2 because Price alone doesn't make you a contender, and Therrien will still be coach heading into 2017-2018. Molson doesn't care about winning a Cup, just about getting a round or 2 of dat playoff revenue.

Quote this in May 2017 for truth.

I think, honestly, that Therrien will lose his job around late november and we'll ride that "new coach boost" for a while. At this point, it's pretty much the only way we'll win a cup.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Its time for Blues to end their cup drought. 3 Finals losses is just brutal.

It's not just three losses, it's three losses in a row within the first three years of existence while getting your ass handed to you on a silver platter by the likes of the Habs and Bruins while getting swept all the same.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I can only hope the Habs open the season on a 10 game losing streak and Bergevin comes to his senses. Of course in that scenario we're stuck with Hartley as the only French guy left available.

Futureman

Wonder why Sullivan is waiting so long to announce Fleury or Murray? Maybe we'll just find out game time?

Out of 21 picks on NHL.com, only 3 choose the Lightning to advance to the Stanley Cup. WRITING IS ON THE WAY TAMPA.

Futureman

Why would he switch back to Fleury now?

Honestly I don't think either goalie would be a bad choice. Fleury is potentially HOF bound and has a Cup under his belt. He played great this season until his injury. If Pens would bring Fleury back this would probably be the game to do it.

Murray has been amazing but is still pretty much unproven. I'm thinking they'll stick with Murray and that's the best choice, but you never know.

Socreges

Banned
Honestly I don't think either goalie would be a bad choice. Fleury is potentially HOF bound and has a Cup under his belt. He played great this season until his injury. If Pens would bring Fleury back this would probably be the game to do it.

Murray has been amazing but is still pretty much unproven. I'm thinking they'll stick with Murray and that's the best choice, but you never know.
Yeah, him and Antti Niemi.

iLLmAtlc

Wonder why Sullivan is waiting so long to announce Fleury or Murray? Maybe we'll just find out game time?

playin the game man. he didn't keep it a mystery after a loss to avoid creating a distraction/controversy. but it's a new series so it's always good to keep the opponent guessing just a little.

Alucard

Banned

Out of 21 picks on NHL.com, only 3 choose the Lightning to advance to the Stanley Cup. WRITING IS ON THE WAY TAMPA.

He said days ago it's going to be Murray. Nothing else would make sense, and I don't get how some Pens fans think Fleury is even a choice for game one. Just inexplicable.

The last time Pittsburgh fired their coach mid-season, they won the Cup. They got past the President's Trophy winners in 6 games with a rookie goalie and zero goals from Crosby. It looks like they finally have the depth to complement their superstars. Even if Murray falters, MAF is waiting in the wings (whose 2.29 GAA and .921 SV% in the regular season are career bests).

Of the final four teams, Tampa Bay probably got the easiest route to the Conference Finals. They don't have Stamkos or Stralman but haven't missed a beat without them. With last year's Finals appearance to draw upon, they're a young team that's battle-tested.

I'm going with Pittsburgh in 7.

Alucard

Banned
I'm hesitant to make a prediction because so many things are unknown. That said, I'll go with the Pens in 5 in a shocker with a couple of OT victories.

Top Bottom