• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That was back to start the year though right? I figured the knee would have healed by now. I'm assuming something like that shouldn't need surgery. That injury still makes my knee hurt just thinking about it.

The 1-8 stat is interesting but I haven't seen us play consistently in the playoffs in 7 years so it should be interesting.

Kneecap injury happened in December. My understanding is that it's not really supposed to be fully healed until the offseason (since, you know, he's playing on it), but that playing on it wouldn't make the injury any worse than it already is.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Marc-Andre Fleury OUT. Evgeni Malkin IN. Rust also back for the Pens.

Zatkoff vs. Lundqvist, round 2.

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Miller-Brassard-Nash
E.Staal-Hayes-Fast
Glass-Moore-Stalberg

M.Staal-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath
Skjei-Boyle

Lundqvist

Line_HTX

The Kings better control the flow this time around and fucking stop being careless and stop shanking open nets. Here's to hoping they tie the series up and NOT go into OT. I want the Formula 1 broadcast to start on time at 12:30 AM.

Kneecap injury happened in December. My understanding is that it's not really supposed to be fully healed until the offseason (since, you know, he's playing on it), but that playing on it wouldn't make the injury any worse than it already is.

Interesting, I'd figured it'd be like a bone and useless reinjured it would heal within a couple months.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
McIlrath looked a little nervous on his first shift, but since then he's been having a definite impact. Hope he can keep it up.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brady Skjei had a lot of work to do on that last shift. Good job by the kid. He did have a rush where he passed it off where he maybe had a better angle to just take it to the net himself, though.

Alucard

Banned
Thought Malkin would shoot on that odd-man rush.

Entertaining game so far. Pens looking pretty good but giving up more chances than I'd like.

Yawnier

Banned
Shockingly enough, he (and Bozak, and JVR) can actually play a little defence when not being coached by Randy Carlyle.

Yeah I've noticed that Kessel has made some defensive plays here and there on the pens that we never saw on the leafs those last few years he was in Toronto.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Solid period, pretty evenly played in general. I would say the Penguins had the slightly more dangerous offensive chances, aside from Stepan's breakaway.

Top Bottom