• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

BTails

C9RKg1UUIAAqqeu.jpg

If I'd paid 9 million dollars for seats against the glass, I'd probably be flipping the bird too

Prediction was 2 out of 3, not bad.

What happens if it's a Sharks vs Capitals final?

Battle of the choke artists.

Anyways just got back home from the Oilers game. It was loud, at least the first period was. The rest of it was spent either trying to get the Oilers into it or chanting "ref you suck" after shit calls. oh and someone's phone hit my shoulder before OT started.

Overall, I enjoyed myself. Wasn't too dissapointed with the result since I saw it coming a mile away. Really I'm more smh'ing at all 3 canadian teams losing tonight. Does that mean Toronto will win tonight?

Sucks the Wild lost. But if they keep playing like that they will win the series. Allen can't be that good every game.

And fuck 830 starts. Its good for nobody. Two central time zone teams should not be starting that late. Game finished after midnight last night, what the hell is the NHL thinking.

Marvie_3

Banned
Sucks the Wild lost. But if they keep playing like that they will win the series. Allen can't be that good every game.

And fuck 830 starts. Its good for nobody. Two central time zone teams should not be starting that late. Game finished after midnight last night, what the hell is the NHL thinking.
Central teams get fucked by the playoff scheduling. Every other game starts at 7/7:30 yet the Central games are always after 8. Im dreading tonight if the game goes to OT.

Washington going to get their box stretched tonight.
Wow what year is it?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man I missed playoff OT, stupid sleep.

Markov spear wasn't egregious
as far as spears go.
I saw Staal do the same thing to Gallagher when he was on the ice earlier in the game.

Solo

Morning thoughts:

- As has been the case for their entire careers, Plekanec and Pacioretty once again were no shows in the playoffs.
- Where is the Radulov from the 1st half?
- AGally was the best forward last night (which isn't saying much, I know). Time to stop with the "lessons" and get him back on the top 2 lines.
- I feel like a broken record at this point, but it's time to split up Pacioretty and Radulov. We are dead in the water without offense, and we aren't getting any with these lines. It's time for something like:

Patches-Danault-Shaw
Lehkonen-AGally-Radulov
Byron-Plekanec-Gallagher
Ott-McCarron-Martinsen

McBryBry

Allen: If I give up the game's over.

Couldn't have said it any better. He knew what he had to carry and he did it. 51 saves, 4th best in Blues history.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not too worried. Pacioretty had something like 9 attempts at net, although it would be nice to spread those two out so it's tougher to matchup against them.

Lundqvist simply played one of the best games I've seen him play, and predictably even though Ott and Martinsen hustled, they obviously have no finish. It doesn't matter how often they had the puck in the NYR end, they weren't scoring without a lot of luck.

imBask

Banned
Pacioretty had a ton of chances, calm down

if anything, shit on the plekanec line, they cost us the goal and Plekanec was just as good as he was all season

He's not feeding off that insane crowd like he should. Can't go beast mode if you don't do that.

The crowd was waiting for the first goal that never happened... Then again we're starting to have the Toronto problem, tickets are too expensive and the only people who can afford them are boring business people who are only there to close a deal

imBask

Banned
I did shit on Plekanec!

The only good news is that the Rangers couldn't score either.

I mean we effectively lost 1-0, it's ok

I'd be way more worried if the Rangers had 0 shots on net in the second period and still won, if you catch my drift

Cake Boss

Banned
Wait that makes no sense, you would rather your teams scores no goals than score goals?

Fucking habs fans are the fucking weirdest I swear, really took the throne from the laffs fans.

Hall of Fame post right therem.

PillarEN

Teams GAF thinks will take the Cup. Lots of trust in Trump's Caps. Sad.

Caps - 10
Blackhawks - 7
Canadiens - 4
Leafs - 3 (lol)
Ducks -3
Pens - 2
Sens - 1
Blue Jackets - 1
Oilers -1
Predators - 1

Cake Boss

Banned
I meant we didn't get blown out, we lost a tight game

you got bamboozled by a team who wasn't even trying

lmao yeah you really got into the Bruins players heads and knew they weren't trying, by outshooting us in the 3rd period. shot difference was 2.

Easy there Professor Xavier, your thoughts are as crippled as him.

Marvie_3

Banned
Pacioretty had a ton of chances, calm down

if anything, shit on the plekanec line, they cost us the goal and Plekanec was just as good as he was all season

The crowd was waiting for the first goal that never happened... Then again we're starting to have the Toronto problem, tickets are too expensive and the only people who can afford them are boring business people who are only there to close a deal

#JUSTMOCKINGAPOSTFROMTHELASTTHREADITWASNOTACTUALLYASERIOUSPOST

imBask

Banned
my thoughts are as crippled as a team carried by Babby Ryan

also it's incredible that TEN of you still think Caps got this, just how

If there's one thing I think we can all agree on is that Marc Bergevin should be fired. Team can't score so he goes out and gets Steve Ott, Dwight King, and Andreas Martinsen. Those three combined have 1G and 2A since joining the Habs.

Bergevin is as inept as Lombardi.

Man Im cheesed after last night's game. Was at the game, crowd was fuckin lit...and as soon as the 3rd started I knew Boucher would out do even Jaques Martin and make the team play like a pussy for the rest of the game. Who tries to protect a 1-0 lead?

imBask

Banned
If there's one thing I think we can all agree on is that Marc Bergevin should be fired. Team can't score so he goes out and gets Steve Ott, Dwight King, and Andreas Martinsen. Those three combined have 1G and 2A since joining the Habs.

Bergevin is as inept as Lombardi.

Bergevin is really good a making trades... but it's never the ones we need. Benn was a steal, Petry was a steal, Byron was a great pick up, Radulov was a great signing, etc etc

His track record is great because he rarely fucks up, but he never goes for the big fish so it's also kinda skewed

Cake Boss

Banned
Man Im cheesed after last night's game. Was at the game, crowd was fuckin lit...and as soon as the 3rd started I knew Boucher would out do even Jaques Martin and make the team play like a pussy for the rest of the game. Who tries to protect a 1-0 lead?

#1 pet peeve is this, the team always tries to shut it down and fail miserably right after they get a lead, instead of pushing and trying to get the go ahead goal. Motherfucker played that 3rd period like hes trying to get to the shootout.

imBask

Banned
You can't outdo Jacques Martin. Jacques Martin would protect a 1-0 deficit when he was here, he's the true king of dump and don't chase

Jays are 1-7 and Leafs playing playoff game tonight, I imagine the Jays attendance will be stellar tonight.

Leafs and Raptors transfered their shittness to the Jays.

I don't think I can fully support them anymore after the fuckery in the offseason. Atkins and Shapiro are going to run the Jays poorly. In fact it's happening now, after the announcement of the Gibson extension everything went to shit.

Thank fucking god the Raptors and Leafs have competent GMs and Presidents

#1 pet peeve is this, the team always tries to shut it down and fail miserably right after they get a lead, instead of pushing and trying to get the go ahead goal. Motherfucker played that 3rd period like hes trying to get to the shootout.

Thank fuck the Leafs didn't hire him. I'm not sure what he said to Leafs management to almost get the job, but the rebuild would be completely stalled with this dead-puck buffoon behind the bench.

Top Bottom