• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Emily Bennett‏
@WeagleEye
Tonight's stripes!
Team records with tonight's refs (since '15):
#MapleLeafs: 11-9 (55%)
#Capitals: 13-5 (72%)
Game on. 🏒🥅

106843-Matthew-McConaughey-Alright-Al-YQls.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So many over reactions, not that that is surprising in any way

Galchenyuk still on the 4th line at practice, Clod says no changes

Red post if you're ok
Habs played really well for most of the game, Lunqvist just played out of his mind. If they can keep playing like that, I'm not concerned. if Lunqvist plays like that every game, it will be tough.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/a...-plan-against-rangers-is-significantly-flawed

When Dwight King is getting more ice time in a playoff game than Brendan Gallagher and Alex Galchenyuk, something has gone very much awry.

The fact that Alex Galchenyuk found himself on the fourth line with Andreas Martinsen and Steve Ott as his wingers is either a huge indictment of Galchenyuk himself or a move of desperation by a coach who knows he simply doesn’t have the kind of players up front who can deliver consistent victories in the playoffs. Whatever the answer is to that, it’s not good.

It’s becoming pretty clear that GM Marc Bergevin’s vision for the Canadiens is significantly flawed. He got Shaw from Chicago for two second-rounders, one of which the Blackhawks used to select OHL scoring leader Alex DeBrincat, on the basis that he doesn’t like losing. That’s all well and good, but it kind of ignores the fact that the Blackhawks win lots of games and Stanley Cups because they have super elite talent at all positions. Then at the trade deadline, Bergevin confounded the hockey world by acquiring King, Ott and Martinsen, all of whom were supposed to provide the physical element the Canadiens have lacked. Well, consider the fact Sven Andrighetto, the player dealt to the Colorado Avalanche in order to get Martinsen, had five goals and 15 points in 19 games after the trade. That’s four more goals and 13 more points than King, Ott and Martinsen had combined in 37 games in a Montreal uniform.

I'm loving this, and it's only been one game.

Socreges

Banned
Emily Bennett‏
@WeagleEye
Tonight's stripes!
Team records with tonight's refs (since '15):
#MapleLeafs: 11-9 (55%)
#Capitals: 13-5 (72%)
Game on. 🏒🥅
If you control for winning percentage since 2015, this would only suggest that the refs have favoured the Leafs. 🤔

Socreges

Banned
Don't you know how hard it is to be a Patriot's fan around here? Or how hard it's been watching the Bruin's collapse right before play-off time three years in a row, or how hard it is going to be watching the Celtics get beat in the second round because their GM loves ASSETS more than he loves winning, or even a Papi'less Sox team that can't get healthy to start the season.... Yeah.
Holy shit. Just seeing this now. You're being ironic, right?

I have nothing against Cornbread.

Fuck the Patriots though.

No lie but we still had a rotary phone at my cottage until about 8 years ago.

Hey, I have maxed out the odometer on my car. I need a new one.

My odometer stopped working at 252k, something went wrong where that's not working and it doesn't keep track of trip miles. I'd fix it but you know, probably not worth it and it still drives fine.

Cornbread78

Holy shit. Just seeing this now. You're being ironic, right?

ironic, lighthearted, comedic, straightforward, humbled, however you want to read it, lol.

I cannot complain about how successful the teams have been, but as a fan, you always want more success? As I supposed to route against them? I hope for the best each season, but the realist in me takes over.

Calamari41

41 > 38
ironic, lighthearted, comedic, straightforward, humbled, however you want to read it, lol.

I cannot complain about how successful the teams have been, but as a fan, you always want more success? As I supposed to route against them? I hope for the best each season, but the realist in me takes over.

You're supposed to be rooting for the Ducks

Socreges

Banned

I'm referring to "dont you know how hard it is to be".

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
My odometer stopped working at 252k, something went wrong where that's not working and it doesn't keep track of trip miles. I'd fix it but you know, probably not worth it and it still drives fine.
Mine literally maxed out; it stops working at 299,999k. I'm using the trip options to keep track. Only way to 'fix' it was to get a new odometer put in and it's not worth it on a 14 year old car.

Weevilone

Sucks the Wild lost. But if they keep playing like that they will win the series. Allen can't be that good every game.

And fuck 830 starts. Its good for nobody. Two central time zone teams should not be starting that late. Game finished after midnight last night, what the hell is the NHL thinking.

As a Blues fan I agree with you. They certainly didn't bring their best game last night, but it's hockey. Always good when you can steal one you don't deserve, goaltending aside. Blues really need Stastny back soon if they are going to have a chance I think, and Bortuzzo would help as well. Schmaltz had a good enough game but he needs some seasoning yet.

The schedule pisses me off. My kids are 11 and would love to go to playoff games. But with late starts and potential overtime, it's not happening. Instead I'm left to find friends that care enough to buy their own damn ticket and not look for a free seat.

Reckheim

Stop this.

You're supposed to be the bad guys. How do you expect everyone to continue hating the Leafs if you guys never express any hope of winning.

Wait for next year, its easy not too be excited about anything when you didn't expect anything to begin with.

Next year people will actually expect the leafs to win the Stanley cup, cause you know ... They are soo good.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So many over reactions, not that that is surprising in any way

Habs played really well for most of the game, Lunqvist just played out of his mind. If they can keep playing like that, I'm not concerned. if Lunqvist plays like that every game, it will be tough.
On the flip side, you guys lost a game in which our entire top 9 effectively no showed and our best players not named Henrik Lundqvist were Tanner Glass, Brendan Smith, Jesper Fast, Oscar Lindberg, and Brady Skjei.

Top Bottom