• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Silexx

Look at all these bitch ass haters who's teams got eliminated in the first round trying to shit on the Sens for playing winning hockey.

Oh what's that? You now want to shit on Ottawa for being a boring city too? Well tell me, where's your city on the top 10 of this list?

10. Sydney, Australia — With all year round sunshine, Sydney is one of the world's most attractive cities, although it is not the most appealing in Australia. The city's top 10 overall score was helped by four sub-index scores between 11th and 15th.

9. Amsterdam, Netherlands — As a city renowned for the number of cyclists in its streets, it is perhaps unsurprising that the Dutch capital was the fourth best city for commute time.

8. Boston, USA — Deutsche Bank ranks Boston as the US city with the highest quality of life in 2017, with citizens in the Massachusetts city enjoying the world's second best purchasing power.

7. Ottawa, Canada — Canada's capital also has its best quality of life, finishing fourth overall in purchasing power, property price to income ratio, and pollution.

6. Copenhagen, Denmark — Copenhagen often features near the top of quality of life rankings, and Deutsche Bank's is no different. It is the fifth safest city on the list, and the eight least polluted.

5. Zurich, Switzerland — Switzerland is often held up as something of a utopia, and Zurich's rank on this list helps to confirm that reputation. Zurich was top of the purchasing power index, and second in both safety and pollution indexes.

ethzurich.jpg
(ETH Zürich/Marco Carocari)
4. Melbourne, Australia — Australia's second largest city has its best quality of life, according to Deutsche Bank. Melbourne has the third highest purchasing power of any city on the list, as well as top ten scores in healthcare, property price to income ratio, and climate.

3. Vienna, Austria — The honour of highest ranked city in a non-English speaking country goes to Austria's capital, thanks to the best healthcare of any city on the list, as well as being the sixth safest.

vienna.jpg
A traditional Fiaker horse carriage passes the imperial Schoenbrunn palace in Vienna, Austria (Heinz-Peter Bader/Reuters)

2. Edinburgh, UK — Capital of Scotland, Edinburgh might not be anywhere near as big or powerful as London, but it is much more liveable. With the best traffic commute time of any city, the second best health care ranking, and the third best pollution score it is easy to see why it ranks so high overall.

1. Wellington, New Zealand — Officially the city with the world's highest quality of life, according to Deutsche Bank, New Zealand's capital has the least pollution of any city ranked, and finished in the top ten in four other categories.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/the-26-major-cities-with-the-highest-quality-of-life-in-the-world-a7720651.html

Oh right, you can't find it, cause you live in a losing city full of losing losers.

Stay salty, my friends, cause we are happy to keep clowning of you fools.

Mark%20Stone%20celly_zpswypydxzl.gif

but didn't he also have to LIVE in Ottawa, not just play..? so yeah.. environments shape people you know, a good hockey player's DNA can only get you so far. it's nature vs nurture and sometimes nurture wins (especially in a really harsh environment).

my Daigle rookie season cards are still goddamn worthless, no matter how many decades i wait. which is bullshit, i spent all my allowances on them.

My mom waded through a mob of hundreds to get me his autograph shortly after he got drafted..

Biggest regret in my mother's life lol.

She still reminds me about it from rime to time.

Still have the autograph picture though XD

Cake Boss

Banned
To be fair it's not even Pens fans, just salty ass delusional Habs fans that can't believe the Atlantic Division winners are still not playing so they shit on another team because they keep winning.

Cake Boss

Banned
Why can't Ottawa play a run and gun system that saw them in the top 10 goals for in the league but don't make playoffs and everyone calls them shit from last season.

Now they play a defensive system and are in the final four, but they are boring and still shit.

Can't win with irrational hate with these people.

Firenze1

Banned
Why can't Ottawa play a run and gun system that saw them in the top 10 goals for in the league but don't make playoffs and everyone calls them shit from last season.

Now they play a defensive system and are in the final four, but they are boring and still shit.

Can't win with irrational hate with these people.
Yeah the offensive style under cameron didnt work for a team with lots of average players.

People seem to hate snes no matter what. Maybe they should tank like edmonton and toronto to stockpile #1 but that is so gracious to the sport.

Line_HTX

My blood pressure is rising with all this salt. Not even mine or the Predators. All Habs/Sens.

The Habs know how much that PK trade fucked them over. They told themselves it's gonna be OK, there's upside going into next year. Now they're seeing Ottawa getting closer with their 6 OT wins and are feeling like they're seeing a light at the end of a tunnel, was just a freight train coming their way~

Solo

Babby's goal was sick. Is his contract up or something? This playoff is the first time he's looked like the guy the SNES traded for.

Look at all these bitch ass haters who's teams got eliminated in the first round trying to shit on the Sens for playing winning hockey.

Oh what's that? You now want to shit on Ottawa for being a boring city too? Well tell me, where's your city on the top 10 of this list?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/the-26-major-cities-with-the-highest-quality-of-life-in-the-world-a7720651.html

Oh right, you can't find it, cause you live in a losing city full of losing losers.

Stay salty, my friends, cause we are happy to keep clowning of you fools.

Mark%20Stone%20celly_zpswypydxzl.gif

Boston is in that list and it's a racist shithole. Thus invalidating the entire list.

My mom waded through a mob of hundreds to get me his autograph shortly after he got drafted..

Biggest regret in my mother's life lol.

She still reminds me about it from rime to time.

Still have the autograph picture though XD

cool story.

can Daigle walk around Ottawa freely these days, without a disguise?

Shit team with shit entitled fanbase 🤔

Any slight criticism really gets the salt flowing eh.

Reality turns the Montreal fanbase into little babies I guess. Sorry your team has been ass for the majority of the last 2 decades, that doesn't mean the NHL is being ruined though

imBask

Banned
Reality turns the Montreal fanbase into little babies I guess. Sorry your team has been ass for the majority of the last 2 decades, that doesn't mean the NHL is being ruined though

the highlight of your shit franchise is a cup finals in which you lost against Randy fucking Carlyle, please sit down

the highlight of your shit franchise is a cup finals in which you lost against Randy fucking Carlyle, please sit down

Sorry for making the finals eh. Your team should just join the PGA tour at this point, maybe that entitled fanbase would've won some awards there since Ottawa joined the league.

I'd be throwing a hissy fit too if a new team in a "boring" city has been more relevant in hockey since my fans ran the hall-of-fame goalie out of town over 20 years ago.

The tears taste good :)

Socreges

Banned
Guys. I think we can find common ground here

- Habs fans are jelly
- Sens fans are easy to provoke
- Habs are shit
- Sens are not shit but play a boring style sometimes

There.

Top Bottom