• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

mo60

The instant the Penguins were struggling to put away the President's Trophy winners? You knew then, eh?

Yep. I actually expected the penguins to win before that series reached 7 games.I think the sens have a 30% chance of winning this series at this point.

mo60

If the pens want to win this series they really need to weaken ottawa's defense and speed things up a bit.I hope the next game in this series is more exciting.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Where was the SNES are boring shit during that Rangers series lol
I'm sorry guys. Any other year, I'd be perfectly fine with you guys bringing the cup to the nation's capital (facing this exact scenario with the Habs knocked out). But even though I'm rooting for you guys to beat the Pens, if the Preds make it to the finals, I need Subban to win. Those kids at the Montreal Children's Hospital deserve to have the cup brought to them. Plus I need to see what happens to Bergevin lol.

Alucard

Banned
Finally, I have a lot more faith in Sullivan than I did in Bylsma when it comes to adapting and making adjustments to match opponents. After this game, I'm sure the Pens will find a way to adapt and hopefully generate more early and often in game two.

mo60

Finally, I have a lot more faith in Sullivan than I did in Bylsma when it comes to adapting and making adjustments to match opponents. After this game, I'm sure the Pens will find a way to adapt and hopefully generate more early and often in game two.

I think the Penguins will adapt and win the next game because of home ice advantage and better strategies to deal with ottawa's weaknesses and strengths but I still think this series will be a really close one.

Alucard

Banned
I think the Penguins will adapt and win the next game because of home ice advantage and better strategies to deal with ottawa's weaknesses and strengths but I still think this series will be a really close one.

I do too. You don't get this deep in the playoffs without being a really good hockey team.

YX6ZTJ2.gif

Foggy

Broons suck, Rags are old and busted, BJs suck, Caps are genetically engineered to never get past the 2nd round, and LOL Alberta. I'm pretty sure the only good team is the Nashville Perdaters.

I'll respond to creeper tomorrow 😏

I bet you will and I bet you'll say "hurr durr the Montreal Canadiens suck because of Weber and Price and Galchenyuk is bust, Pacioretty is a shitty Captain and we made it farther than you in the playoffs and your lineup is full of fourth liners and 3rd liners."

Cake you're a good man. But your team is boring. But then you say " the Habs are boring too" that's a different kind of boring, that's the I can't score goals boring. The Sens problem is that you can score goals but you do it the most boring way possible.

Go Ducks and Predators. I'd take either of those teams.

Alucard

Banned
I bet you will and I bet you'll say "hurr durr the Montreal Canadiens suck because of Weber and Price and Galchenyuk is bust, Pacioretty is a shitty Captain and we made it farther than you in the playoffs and your lineup is full of fourth liners and 3rd liners."

Cake you're a good man. But your team is boring. But then you say " the Habs are boring too" that's a different kind of boring, that's the I can't score goals boring. The Sens problem is that you can score goals but you do it the most boring way possible.

...the Sens are still further along than the Habs. It's a legit argument.

...and all those things about the Habs' lineup are basically true. ;)

Pikma

Banned

Look everyone, I made a saltman out of this mountain

⛄️

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Where was the SNES are boring shit during that Rangers series lol

To be fair, you guys were forced into not being boring by the fact that the Rangers were able to carve up the neutral zone trap pretty effectively for most of the series. The "boring" element of the Sens' game didn't work, so they had to pull shit out of their asses like scoring from the below the goal line and bottom sixers scoring 4 goals a night.

Socreges

Banned
To be fair, you guys were forced into not being boring by the fact that the Rangers were able to carve up the neutral zone trap pretty effectively for most of the series. The "boring" element of the Sens' game didn't work, so they had to pull shit out of their asses like scoring from the below the goal line and bottom sixers scoring 4 goals a night.
To put your post a bit differently:

The Sens adapted to their opponent and ultimately won 4 of 6, partly thanks to strong secondary scoring and some clutch snipes from their captain.

I mean...Sens had 7 different players score in the final 2 games. So I wouldn't lean too heavily on them 'pulling shit out of their asses'.

BAAABBBYYYY

lovin all this salt. The new NJD? sounds good to me.

Pulled shit out of our asses for 4 games :D

Play to win! It doesn't matter if it's boring if you win! The snes are not breaking any rules of the game or anything. The game doesn't have a concept of "cheap" or "boring", these are just things the viewers project.

Top Bottom