• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Bergevin was waiting to see how Radulov was in the playoffs before offering him something long term.

iLLmAtlc

I don't blame the refs it's a 50-50 call whether that was a "serious" injury or not imo. If they stop it I guarantee there'd be a shit storm from the other way.

Somebody bleeding profusely is serious of course but that's still a facial cut which on the whole isn't as serious as a broken limb or somebody getting knocked unconscious or something. And they gotta make this call in a split second with very little chance to reflect.

Is Murray still hurt? Can't see him coming in unless Fleury has a bad game. Might be awkward if he takes the Penguins deep and then gets dumped before expansion.

There's still no timetable for his return. We're not seeing him again this season.

Why would it be awkward? The other goalie just won us a cup. Even if Fleury wins the cup this year, there's still no logical reason why you would keep Fleury over Murray.

That Radulov was Goal insane

Happy-Clapping-To-Dramatic-WTF-Reaction-GIf.gif

I still can't comprehend how...

Mentok

Banned
Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Bergevin was waiting to see how Radulov was in the playoffs before offering him something long term.

That would be a smart move, yeah. So far he's showing he's worth it.

Hot damn, Thornton's channeling his inner viking with that glorious beard.

Alucard

Banned
So, I've been of the mind that Columbus and Minnesota were the two teams that could give the Pens a run for their money in the playoffs. With both down 3-0...Alucard logic says the Pens are a near shoe-in to repeat this year if the Jackets and Wild get knocked out. Sorry to the other fan bases.

So, I've been of the mind that Columbus and Minnesota were the two teams that could give the Pens a run for their money in the playoffs. With both down 3-0...Alucard logic says the Pens are a near shoe-in to repeat this year if the Jackets and Wild get knocked out. Sorry to the other fan bases.

I was more worried about the Blackhawks than the Wild. We didn't play well against the blackhawks this year.

Great first period! Glad to set Thornton back. Let's hope they keep their foot on the pedal in the second. Great atmosphere here. I love our light show too. Go Sharks!

Futureman

There's still no timetable for his return. We're not seeing him again this season.

Why would it be awkward? The other goalie just won us a cup. Even if Fleury wins the cup this year, there's still no logical reason why you would keep Fleury over Murray.

I don't think that's true. No time table because it's the playoffs and they just don't want to say anything. Either way I think Pens can win with either goalie.

Did Fleury have a bad game tonight or were Columbus's goals good? I only got to listen to half the game on the radio.

Calamari41

41 > 38
So I'm at easter with the family and my cousin doesn't want me to let her four year old daughter watch hockey with me because she thinks it's too violent for her. I eventually convince her that it's not that violent, and five minutes later Werenski gets his involuntary facelift. "Mommy, what happened to that man's face?" as the blood flowed onto the ice.

I don't think that's true. No time table because it's the playoffs and they just don't want to say anything. Either way I think Pens can win with either goalie.

Did Fleury have a bad game tonight or were Columbus's goals good? I only got to listen to half the game on the radio.

A lot were us turning over the puck in our own zone so not much Fleury can do on that.

Fleury has been playing well so unless Murray is ready next game or Fleury plays horrendously, I can't see us putting in Murray for the sake of putting him in after we didn't do that last year with Fleury. It's Fleury's show until proven otherwise.

I don't see the reason in hiding his recovery, playoffs or not. There's no reason to not say day to day or whatever.

mo60

I wonder if the Sharks vs Oilers game is going to overtime at this point. Both teams defense looks great at this point.

malfcn

Off to bed.

Just saw the puck to the face that led to a goal. That's cute they let s player lay on the ice leaking blood for so long without stopping the play.

The Jackets blew the game. But c'mon, that was bad.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Off to bed.

Just saw the puck to the face that led to a goal. That's cute they let s player lay on the ice leaking blood for so long without stopping the play.

The Jackets blew the game. But c'mon, that was bad.

With no horse in the race, I completely agree with you.

mo60

Canadian teams besides the flames have been doing well.The flames seriously need to step it up if they want a battle of alberta to happen.

I've got to say, if the Ducks don't end up making it, my love of Maroon is going to make me an Edmonton stan.

The ducks will make it. I don't think the calgary flames will beat them at this point.

Mentok

Banned
Clearly those mutton chops are the key to Kassian's success.

It's all about location. I mean I'm not saying Edmonton isn't happening, but the guy went from Vancouver-Montreal to Edmonton. That's a big step down in terms of night scene. Even if he didn't try to change his old habits (which it seems he totally has), he'd have no choice. Plus the power of the chops.

lupinko

It's all about location. I mean I'm not saying Edmonton isn't happening, but the guy went from Vancouver-Montreal to Edmonton. That's a big step down in terms of night scene. Even if he didn't try to change his old habits (which it seems he totally has), he'd have no choice. Plus the power of the chops.

Vancouver doesn't really have much of a night scene tho. Lol

Top Bottom