• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Prust should have a permanent A. Also, fuck the "Josh Gorges for future Captain" talk lots of Habs fans have. After Gio, I'd look at Prust or Eller. Eventually, the captaincy belongs to BGally, but there will be someone between Gio and him.
Funny you mention that, I was thinking about this the other day and Eller came up in my mind as a front runner as well. Surprising to me that it's come to this, but he's made such progress in the last year and has really become a great leader this year both on and off the ice. The teams sports psychologists really did wonders for him.

Don't worry about Armstrong.

He'll hurt himself trying to do anything.

You're probably right but during an emotional playoff series guys who are healthy scratches may try and do all sorts of stupid shit to get themselves back in the lineup on a more permanent basis.

Solo

There won't be head hunting. I have no doubt that the Habs will lay every possible hit they can on the Sens, but you avenge Eller by getting wins, not by retaliating. One thing I do expect tonight, with our grinder-y lineup, is LOTS of crashing the net and looking for garbage goals. Which frankly I feel is the best way to beat Anderson.

Solo

Funny you mention that, I was thinking about this the other day and Eller came up in my mind as a front runner as well. Surprising to me that it's come to this, but he's made such progress in the last year and has really become a great leader this year both on and off the ice. The teams sports psychologists really did wonders for him.

The fact that Eller going down has caused such a panic among us Habs fans is irrefutable evidence of just how important he has become to the team and how far he has progressed. Even the most staunch Eller detractors would have to admit that. 3 years ago it was all "lols spare parts for Halak!". Now its "oh shit, we lost our best centre".

Definitely want to see him wearing an A at the very least, if not the C in 2 years when Gio is gone.

cube444

He succeeded if that's what he was going for. Did you see Therrien's press conference today? He was absolutely livid, looked like he had a hard time talking about it.

All posturing man. Therrien needs to rally the troops with an "us versus the world" mentality so he jumped all over the Maclean bit.

Red_Man

The fact that Eller going down has caused such a panic among us Habs fans is irrefutable evidence of just how important he has become to the team and how far he has progressed. Even the most staunch Eller detractors would have to admit that. 3 years ago it was all "lols spare parts for Halak!". Now its "oh shit, we lost our best centre".

Definitely want to see him wearing an A at the very least, if not the C in 2 years when Gio is gone.
If he continues like he is, he'll have a chance at it. Habs rookies have an incredible leadership core throughout the pool, it wouldn't surprise me to see Tinordi with an A on his jersey in a few years either.

All posturing man. Therrien needs to rally the troops with an "us versus the world" mentality so he jumped all over the Maclean bit.
Nah man, not with Therrien. You could hear it in his breathing, he's 100% legitimate about this, and I expect him to push these guys to be as good as they can.

Cake Boss

Banned
Doubtful, Habs need to win, not chase Senators around not named Gryba. Armstrong hasn't even been rough or fought this year I don't think. White is the player the Sens should be concerned about, he's a wild dog trying to break off his leash.

I hope he does break off the leash like last time and giving us a couple of powerplays.

Edit: GOT WIFI!!

Is this confirmed or just what you want? :lol

If confirmed, good on MT for putting DD on that shithole of a third line and letting AGally centre the 2nd line. That icetime for AGally we've been begging for? Well, tonight's the night.

Kid looks like he can be special. When the Caps played Habs a few weeks ago he was the guy i noticed the most. Very skilled.

Didn't know why he was on the 4th line.

fallout

Do supporters of the suspension feel that 2 games is adequate?

I really have little emotional involvement in this as I don't care about either team. I think that at most, it was a dangerous hit. I'm frankly more perturbed by Brown not even getting a phone call.

Solo

That CBC lineup makes it look like Prust-AGally-BGally is still the third line. C'mon, Therrien. Moen and Dumont on the second line? Really?

Red_Man

I think we should also realize that this is a back-to-back game and montage guy had less than 24 hours to put this up.
That, and they don't want to take a side in a Canadian match up. They did a great job with it.

That CBC lineup makes it look like Prust-AGally-BGally is still the third line. C'mon, Therrien. Moen and Dumont on the second line? Really?
Really doubt they get more ice time then Gally's line.

Solo

That, and they don't want to take a side in a Canadian match up. They did a great job with it.

Really doubt they get more ice time then Gally's line.

At the very fucking least, Gally's line has to be the second PP unit. If Moen-DD-Dumont sees any PP time.....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom