• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Except the part where I was saying the hit is legal, I think both hits are legal and fair hockey plays, the difference is that one was a bit harder and didnt see it coming, it ended bad for 1 guy but not the other.

Hes' vulnerable because of that pass, his dman put him in a bad position just like Neil did skating up the wing with his head down a bit.
You didn't say it in that post! If you're saying it now, fine.

Anyway, we disagree. Whatever. I'm just glad that the NHL front office sees it as I did since those kinds of hits need to be taken out of the game, imo.

Cake Boss said:
You could make the argument he put himself in a bad situation as well.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=56698720&postcount=4227
We were talking about rule 48.1 where it mentions that the player isn't at blame if the opponent (ie, Eller) makes himself vulnerable just before the hit. But he didn't. I was wrong there. That was soon after the hit, before I saw multiple replays. Eller didn't change his trajectory, shift his head position, or anything like that, which I thought he may have done.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Lashoff will replace DeKeyser in game 3. Never saw that one coming. DD needs surgery on his broken thumb, must've snapped it bad.

Am I the only one whose run out of salt to spew over this hit?

I don't see intent to injure, Eller was just vulnerable. I personally think that the hit had only incidental contact with the chin but I haven't seen an conclusive angle yet.

My grief with the suspension isn't so much that it happened as opposed to the fact it is more severe then repercussions to Ferrence or Brown.

At any rate Game 2 is going to be a whole new mess of things for us to fight over.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
No but I have this.

j8d0VJ41Xa82w.jpg

jbnb2aoZE0TfbK.jpg

Looks like the Sens players before every faceoff last night.

Solo

Twitter updates:

A MAN'S GOTTA EAT

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 34m
#Habs Eller had a voracious appetite at hospital last night, team brought him a huge meal which he inhaled despite dental problems

Lineup:

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1h
Colby Armstrong, Gabriel Dumont and Jeff Halpern will play tonight.

So I'm guessing we'll be seeing

AGally-DD-Bourque
Ryder-Pleky-BGally
Moen-Dumont-Prust
Armstrong-Halpern-White

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
One of the more amusing aspects of this entire situation is Maclean's insistence on referring to Diaz as "Player #61". He obviously knows his name, I'm not really sure what the point of him doing that is.

Cake Boss

Banned
One of the more amusing aspects of this entire situation is Maclean's insistence on referring to Diaz as "Player #61". He obviously knows his name, I'm not really sure what the point of him doing that is.

Playoffs, coaches play mind games, to get the other team to call you a fat walrus and lose focus.

Solo

Can't wait for the CBC panel. Wonder if Cherry will be on tonight?

Nope. Cherry's a lazy and biased bastard who almost only ever does one series. He'll be in Boston tomorrow, not in Montreal tonight. Frankly, I'm glad. I don't need to hear how Eller is some soft European diving bum and how a "good C'nadian boy" would have got right back up.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nope. Cherry's a lazy and biased bastard who almost only ever does one series. He'll be in Boston tomorrow, not in Montreal tonight. Frankly, I'm glad. I don't need to hear how Eller is some soft European diving bum and how a "good C'nadian boy" would have got right back up.

Don't worry he'll talk about it tomorrow I'm sure.

Solo

Tonight tells the tale of the Habs in this year's playoffs. They've been hit with dat adversity right away with 3 players going down with injury. Time to see if they fold like a cheap lawn chair or if these unfortunate incidents galvanize them to play above themselves.

A must win for Price. I honestly think Budaj gets Game 3 if we lose tonight and Price has another mediocre game.

Montresor

Man I'm feeling really bad about tomorrow's Leafs game. No matter how much hope I muster up all I can think about is how badly outplayed and dominated the Leafs were in game one. I think the Leafs are going to lose in four or five games... Ugh.. Sorry for the lack of faith Leafs-age.

Socreges

Banned
He just didnt want his car to be set on fire.

Oh look that, a video called Sending The Wrong Message on TSN regarding the suspension.

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/1/0/919156/clip/500
Are Aaron Ward and Craig Button suddenly infallible hockey geniuses? Is that what this has come to?

Craig Button said:
"One of the big problems that I have with it is the explanation in the video. Is that there seems to be a couple contradictions. Number 1, that Brendan Shanahan says there's not enough body contact to warrant the hit to the head after the fact, so, y'know, what constitutes enough body contact now? I think we're getting into a gray area. Your point, Aaron, "muddy waters"."

Ok, first off, where's the contradiction? Of course this is a gray area. And a decision needs to be made either way in an instance like this. Legal or illegal.

Secondly, where is Number 2?

:lol

Red_Man

"I think it is irrefutable that the head was the first point of contact, we all agree?"

Unanimous agreement from Ron Maclean and the panel. What idiots, clearly Hab fans in disguise.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Man I'm feeling really bad about tomorrow's Leafs game. No matter how much hope I muster up all I can think about is how badly outplayed and dominated the Leafs were in game one. I think the Leafs are going to lose in four or five games... Ugh.. Sorry for the lack of faith Leafs-age.

Gimme your address so I can kick your ass back to the old Nourali.

Cake Boss

Banned
Are Aaron Ward and Craig Button suddenly infallible hockey geniuses? Is that what this has come to?

They seem to have about the same credibility as that Shannahan.

Do you want the Kerry Fraser link breaking it down as well?

Anyways I am out to watch the game, I will be here after the game for the salt.

Enjoy.

Socreges

Banned
"I think it is irrefutable that the head was the first point of contact, we all agree?"

Unanimous agreement from Ron Maclean and the panel. What idiots, clearly Hab fans in disguise.
Same here. Red, Solo, Schuey. You guys know me. Closet fucking Habs fan here.

Enjoy.
Fraser was wrong, imo, but at least he made sense and has some credibility.

Silexx

Enjoy.

Goddamnit, Cake Boss! I stayed home for you!

Heretic

UH OH HERE COMES RED MAN'S RAGE! OH YOU ARE SO TOUGH AND MEAN!

Such an internet tough guy calling people's names hiding behind the computer whenever you got shit all to say in your argument lol.

And yeah if you are agreeing with the suspension then you are basically agreeing that every hit should be banned, because all hits do touch the head.

Oh please, continue with the name calling tough guy, everyone is stupid except for you right?
You got some insecurity problems.

CAKE BOSS IS BACK!!!

bardia

Going to the game tonight, extremely nervous. It's pretty much do or die IMO, Sharks have been too good at home this season and I just can't see the Nucks stealing 2 from the Sharks unless they have an epic collapse.

Red_Man

Lines:

Bourque - Plekanec - Ryder
Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Moen - Desharnais - Dumont
White - Halpern - Armstrong

He succeeded if that's what he was going for. Did you see Therrien's press conference today? He was absolutely livid, looked like he had a hard time talking about it.

Last time that happened to him, Zednik had just been knocked out cold by Boston and it motivated the Habs to then eliminate Boston.

Very stupid of the Sens to keep giving Habs players extra motivation. Its as if they wanna lose.

Solo

Lines:

Bourque - Plekanec - Ryder
Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Moen - Desharnais - Dumont
White - Halpern - Armstrong

Is this confirmed or just what you want? :lol

If confirmed, good on MT for putting DD on that shithole of a third line and letting AGally centre the 2nd line. That icetime for AGally we've been begging for? Well, tonight's the night.

Red_Man

Prust given an A tonight. Not surprised and well deserved regardless of his stupid comments today.

Those lines are confirmed Solo.

So it's looking like Kassian in for Conacher? Wow...

Might just be mind games.

But then again we might need insurance in case Les Schtroumpfs try and do something since they added White and Armstrong.

He dressed Carkner in game 2 against the Rangers last year and it paid off even though everyone thought it was a mistake.

MacLean knows what he is doing, I think he has more than earned the benefit of the doubt.

Wonder if Armstrong will be head hunting.

Possibly.

Red_Man

Wonder if Armstrong will be head hunting.
Doubtful, Habs need to win, not chase Senators around not named Gryba. Armstrong hasn't even been rough or fought this year I don't think. White is the player the Sens should be concerned about, he's a wild dog trying to break off his leash.

Solo

Prust given an A tonight. Not surprised and well deserved regardless of his stupid comments today.

Those lines are confirmed Solo.

Prust should have a permanent A. Also, fuck the "Josh Gorges for future Captain" talk lots of Habs fans have. After Gio, I'd look at Prust or Eller. Eventually, the captaincy belongs to BGally, but there will be someone between Gio and him.

Merguson

Banned
Might just be mind games.

But then again we might need insurance in case Les Schtroumpfs try and do something since they added White and Armstrong.

He dressed Carkner in game 2 against the Rangers last year and it paid off even though everyone thought it was a mistake.

MacLean knows what he is doing, I think he has more than earned the benefit of the doubt.

Possibly.

Don't worry about Armstrong.

He'll hurt himself trying to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom