• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Code:
PERIOD	NYR	WSH
1ST	7	12
2ND	12	13
3RD	5	5
[B]OT	0	8[/B]
TOTAL	24	38
Shots per period. I'd just like to point out that we had a power play in the OT.

Also just saw that Lundqvist was named the first star of the game (Green and Holtby the second and third). So that's pretty classy at least. Would have picked Ovechkin over Green, though. He did everything but score, including getting the assist on the goal. Dude was a monster today.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Have to disagree. Holtby wasn't even tested while Hank kept this from being 4 or 5-0.

Rangers looked totally gassed in OT as well.

Rangers got rid of the wrong players and brought the wrong ones in to replace them.

I would agree that Lundqvist definitely faced the more difficult chances. To say Holtby wasn't tested isn't really right, though. He was flat out beaten at least twice. Unfortunately being close doesn't count, though.

I do somewhat agree on the last point, though. Newbury out for Boyle was the right choice (and that 4th line looked great today, which is rare), but I absolutely would have left Kreider in and swapped Pyatt out for Dorsett. Torts has a major hard-on for Pyatt because of how he plays along the boards, though, and he doesn't trust Kreider at all.

ShaneB

Man. How many teams are you cheering for

Heh, well as I've said before, I don't have one specific team I'm rooting for, but I do love the Caps, so I'd love to see them make a deep run. It's the playoffs, I try to find a positive in every series and it makes it exciting for the entire run.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, well as I've said before, I don't have one specific team I'm rooting for, but I do love the Caps, so I'd love to see them make a deep run. It's the playoffs, I try to find a positive in every series and it makes it exciting for the entire run.

We need more fans in here. Just blahness, me, and Coldplay619.

Socreges

Banned
Maybe just cheer for all 16. Then you'll never have to be disappointed.

ShaneB

We need more fans in here. Just blahness, me, and Coldplay619.

Heh, yeah, there's that too, Caps fans here are rare! I dig them, Ovie has been a favourite player of mine, and Adam Oates was one of my favourites when I was young. So if they find success, that would be great, plus, the Caps have had quite a drought.

Heh, it doesn't work that way :p There's gotta be teams you want to see lose ;) Conflict! I'm not a Ducks fan or a Red Wings fan, but I want the Ducks to win to get the Wings out of the playoffs, etc. Same with the Islanders and Pens, I hate the Pens, and it would be great to see the Islanders upset after they've been in a rebuilding stage for so long and have such a history in the league.

Samyy

I'm pretty pumped for the Leafs game too, hoping Leafs pull out a win and make a good series of this. I actually want the Leafs to win the series.

I'd love to see this to but I don't think our squad is quite at that level yet. Should be interesting when our prospects get more of a look this summer (Reilly, Percy) to shore up our poor defence.

I'm pretty pumped for the Leafs game too, hoping Leafs pull out a win and make a good series of this. I actually want the Leafs to win the series.

I've been anxious for the past few hours, it sucks. Like 7 needs to come now. I held off on a dinner plan tonight just to watch this game.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He cheers for the top 5 teams and the bottom 5. That way he can live the excitement of both the playoffs and getting top 5 picks. It's brilliant!

I'd love to see this to but I don't think our squad is quite at that level yet. Should be interesting when our prospects get more of a look this summer (Reilly, Percy) to shore up our poor defence.
I think the chances of Toronto winning are around 5% but I'd rather face the Leafs in the 2nd round then Boston if it comes to that. Like Solo says, hopefully the Leafs can actually make it entertaining at least.

Solo

He cheers for the top 5 teams and the bottom 5. That way he can live the excitement of both the playoffs and getting top 5 picks. It's brilliant!

I think the chances of Toronto winning are around 5% but I'd rather face the Leafs in the 2nd round then Boston if it comes to that. Like Solo says, hopefully the Leafs can actually make it entertaining at least.

The way Washington is going, if we win against Ottawa, Round 2 will be against them, not Boston/Toronto. If Caps win and we win, Toronto/Boston gets the Pens.

Red_Man

The way Washington is going, if we win against Ottawa, Round 2 will be against them, not Boston/Toronto. If Caps win and we win, Toronto/Boston gets the Pens.
If we can beat Ottawa, I'd have a hard time seeing us lose in the 2nd round to either Toronto or Washington unless Price shits the bed.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Sounds like Hamilton, Frattin, Gardiner, and O'Byrne are in for MacArthur, McLaren, Liles, and Kostka.

Gardiner for Liles isn't a sure thing, though.

I thought Toronto took way too many dumb penalties from your goons during Game 1.

In any situation, there should be no reason why Orr and McLaren should ever suit up in the same game. I know that Carlyle wants toughness out there but it gets ridiculous with both of them playing. At least when Mike Brown was on the team he actually tried to be good.

Red_Man

Speaking of dumb penalties, Prust took enough last night. Need to work on our shit PP badly and take advantage of his low IQ for once.
He took two penalties last night, one Anderson dived on like a bitch, and the second he put his hand on the puck after getting drove into the boards head first. Nice try though :)

He took two penalties last night, one Anderson dived on like a bitch, and the second he put his hand on the puck after getting drove into the boards head first.

Not going to lie, it's going to take me a long time to get tired of hearing media talking heads repeat Prust's comments about Maclean.

His audition for Are You Smarter than a Second Grader is going great. I'm sure he'll get the spot.

Alright I'm ready to go, wore my Leafs jersey to work and brought my laptop in to watch the game on GameCenter.. now I just hope actual work doesn't get in the way!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom