• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the Caps game with fans screaming and giving a shit really makes me hate the fucking assholes who go to Canucks games. You wouldn't even know it was a fucking playoff game in there. Ever.

Watching the Caps game with fans screaming and giving a shit really makes me hate the fucking assholes who go to Canucks games. You wouldn't even know it was a fucking playoff game in there. Ever.

They're there and loud when the team is doing well. Other times, not as much.

That out of the way, that OT was filthy. Lundqvist was just getting shelled--both teams knew it was just a matter of time.

CCF23

There was a Go Canucks Go chant from the crowd in game 1 that lasted for about 25 seconds and it was more emotion I've seen from that crowd in over a year.

The atmosphere is fine-good in the playoffs. It's the regular season where it's fucking DEAD.

I'm gonna go ahead and call it. Caps are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Acid08

Banned
The atmosphere is fine-good in the playoffs. It's the regular season where it's fucking DEAD.

Yeah, Rogers was super loud last night after Kesler scored his first goal. Before that and after regulation it was pretty quiet though.

I could have sworn they had some kind of taunting chant at one point too. Niemi or something.

Don't read too much into it. Caps crowds typically suck. The majority have no idea what they're cheering for. Astroturf fanbase.

CCF23

The one piece of hope I refuse to let go of for the Canucks is how fucking amazing Kesler looked last night. He looked like a guy capable of putting the team on his back the same way he did in the Nashville series.

Still expect the Canucks to lose, but if they turn it around it'll be Kesler almost single-handedly, most likely.

RC

Banned

It's going to be Chicago and Boston in the final.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

yEGRcex.gif

Solo

Ok there Tabris, when you got shit to say, everyone is salty?

So if my comment was posted after my team won, would it be considered salty or just a comment?

So in here, if your team is losing or just lost, everything you say is salty, but if they win its just a regular ass comment.

I can't hear you over the sound of all the salt pouring out of your mouth every time it opens.

Don't start shit you cant finish.

You had a free pass on game 1 where you can talk shit about the other team with no one saying anything back, must have felt good right, like you were at the Habs HFBoards site.

Now I am here, you wanted this right?

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

The idea of anyone being "afraid" of you is about as hilarious as Karlsson's D coverage last night.

Ra\/en

Man the Canucks look bad. Honestly it's like they have not learned anything from the last several years of losses.

I dont know what's wrong with them. So frustrating. I have no faith that they can turn this down at all. I'll watch, but it will be like watching your disappointing son go deeper and deeper into a drug addicted ruinous spiral.

haha so salty.

Solo

Rags and Canucks fans, you okay? Post if you're okay.

EDIT: are the Sharks a good home team? ie. any chance this ends up a sweep?

CCF23

They lost the fewest amount of home games in regulation of any team in the NHL.

It's why I'm so pessimistic. I see the BEST case scenario for the Canucks as coming home down 3 games to 1. I'd be shocked if they took both games in SJ.

Ra\/en

If they sweep the Canucks, they might actually make some big changes in the offseason. This team just can't seem to get it done in the playoffs. Sharks have played very well these first 2 games, and they definitely deserve to be up 2-0. But the Nucks have not helped themselves at all. The sedins are just cardboard cutouts with no emotion.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

That's the problem with nearly every Canadian team now, tickets are too expensive.

That's why I love Quebecers, they go overboard sometimes, but at least they're loud, and the emotion comes through. Makes for a grest sports crowd.

Solo

Game 3 and 4 in Ottawa should be interesting. There's always a TON of Habs fans there regardless, but with the movement from Habs fans to buy up all the tickets for those games, I wonder if it's within the realm of possibility that Habs fans outnumber Sens fans in Ottawa for those games.

CCF23

If they sweep the Canucks, they might actually make some big changes in the offseason. This team just can't seem to get it done in the playoffs. Sharks have played very well these first 2 games, and they definitely deserve to be up 2-0. But the Nucks have not helped themselves at all. The sedins are just cardboard cutouts with no emotion.

I actually feel like the Canucks deserved to win last night. It was execution that was the problem more than effort. No one can score besides Kesler, and it wasn't for a lack of chances or trying.

Ra\/en

I actually feel like the Canucks deserved to win last night. It was execution that was the problem more than effort. No one can score besides Kesler, and it wasn't for a lack of chances or trying.

I guess they did deserve to be in the game last night. I just wish the Sedins had more emotion.

I don't see them taking the next 2 in San Jose. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think this series is coming back to Van down 3-1.

RC

Banned

Management will make big charges regardless of how they get eliminated in the first round.

CCF23

I guess they did deserve to be in the game last night. I just wish the Sedins had more emotion.

I don't see them taking the next 2 in San Jose. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think this series is coming back to Van down 3-1.

I agree with you. I'm expecting either a sweep, or the series to come back at 3-1. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Game 3 and 4 in Ottawa should be interesting. There's always a TON of Habs fans there regardless, but with the movement from Habs fans to buy up all the tickets for those games, I wonder if it's within the realm of possibility that Habs fans outnumber Sens fans in Ottawa for those games.

even if Habs fans don't outnumber them, they will be louder

CCF23

Anything could happen. Or away record is abysmal yet somehow we were able to get both wins on the road.

For sure. I'm not saying it's impossible, but when you're prefacing it by saying "anything can happen", you're not in good shape.

Tomorrow is the be all and end all, though. If the Canucks win tomorrow they at least give themselves a chance to get back into the series. If they lose, it's oooooooooover. Stating the obvious, I know.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It did? The Rangers didn't even deserve to win today.

Rangers dominated the first period, other than the Caps' PP at the very end of it. The rest of the game was very even. Also robbed of at least 3 blatant penalties that should have been called (not that this would have made much of a difference on the scoreboard given our PP, but at least they would have broken some Washington momentum). Nash nearly won it with 3 minutes left in the game. Stralman clanged off the post early in the game on a shot that beat Holtby too.

Yeah, Lundqvist "bailed us out" at times, too, especially in the 2nd, but that's how this team wins in general. This was a very winnable game from start to, well, about 2 minutes before the finish.

Could have been, should have been a Rangers win. But most of the blame for why it's not a Rangers win lies mostly with the Rangers, particularly the Rangers' special teams. The Rangers are worse than the Caps on the PP, worse on the PK, worse on 4-on-4, and that's the primary reason why they're down 2-0 in the series.

Things can change, though. Clowe will almost certainly be back in Game 3, and the Rangers are far better in MSG than they are anywhere else. Monday might as well be an elimination game.

McDonagh was apparently near tears talking to the press after the game. Feel bad for him. This loss isn't on him.

Red_Man

Price is 6-0-2 in his last 8 in Ottawa.

When you struck us down we became more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
:lol :lol

I'd love to see a complete Canucks re-haul in the off season just to see the crazy moves the Canucks would make.

McDonagh was apparently near tears talking to the press after the game. Feel bad for him. This loss isn't on him.
Apparently his last shift before he took the penalty was over 3 mins, that's fucking ridiculous, you can't blame him for that.

Solo

I'm gonna be out at a party tonight so I won't be posting, but there are lots of Leafs fans that will be there and the game will undoubtedly be on. So while Leafs GAF will be spared my trolling, Real Life Leafs Nation won't.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently his last shift before he took the penalty was over 3 mins, that's fucking ridiculous, you can't blame him for that.

Yeah, he was on the ice forever because of the icing and the fact that they couldn't get out of the zone long enough to switch everyone out with the long overtime change. Not at all his fault.

Red_Man

I'm pretty pumped for the Leafs game too, hoping Leafs pull out a win and make a good series of this. I actually want the Leafs to win the series.

cube444

Rangers dominated the first period, other than the Caps' PP at the very end of it. The rest of the game was very even. Also robbed of at least 3 blatant penalties that should have been called (not that this would have made much of a difference on the scoreboard given our PP, but at least they would have broken some Washington momentum). Nash nearly won it with 3 minutes left in the game. Stralman clanged off the post early in the game on a shot that beat Holtby too.

Yeah, Lundqvist "bailed us out" at times, too, especially in the 2nd, but that's how this team wins in general. This was a very winnable game from start to, well, about 2 minutes before the finish.

Could have been, should have been a Rangers win. But most of the blame for why it's not a Rangers win lies mostly with the Rangers, particularly the Rangers' special teams. The Rangers are worse than the Caps on the PP, worse on the PK, worse on 4-on-4, and that's the primary reason why they're down 2-0 in the series.

Things can change, though. Clowe will almost certainly be back in Game 3, and the Rangers are far better in MSG than they are anywhere else. Monday might as well be an elimination game.

Have to disagree. Holtby wasn't even tested while Hank kept this from being 4 or 5-0.

Rangers looked totally gassed in OT as well.

Seems like the Rangers got rid of the wrong players and brought the wrong ones in to replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom