• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhawk

It was an awesome atmosphere in downtown Toronto tonight and on the subway ride back. I was downtown for the fighting game tournament, Toryuken (thread on tournament can be found in Gaming Discussion). My friend and I decided to watch the game at a nearby bar. Sure, the other folks at the bar would get excited and yell when the Leafs score. But I was disappointed I was the only one that would get excited whenever the Leafs would win a defensive zone faceoff.

Socreges

Banned
Does Dave Nonis make the best gifs out of any GM in the league?

ibhHmOj3bruAhP.gif
Who the douche puts a watermark on a standard gif like that

(sorry, assuming you got it from another board)

I'm worried that Toronto learned nothing from Vancouver in regards to broadcasting the game and encouraging large gatherings.........at least it's only Maple Leafs Square for now but I can only imagine the number of people turning up for game 3 and 4

MacAttack

Is it a Canadian thing to show the General Manager after goals during broadcasts? I dont remember US broadcasts doing it nearly as often.

Game was so much less about Quick and so much more about our complete ineptitude with scoring lately. Cannot hit the net.

McDonald, for whatever reason, crept up to the first line despite another horrible game. Barely deserves ice time.

Tarasenko needs to be in Game 4.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
When Kessel wins the Conn Smythe, will I finally be able to walk into a barbershop in Anytown, USA (or Canada, for that matter) and say, "Give me the Kessel"?

TUSR

Banned
I missed all the evening games. Got stuck mud bogging.

Anyone with a summary? Blues and LA still the most exciting series?

Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford 4m

Hitch walked past Tarasenko outside #stlblues locker room and said "Get ready to play."

Thank fuck. Please sit McDonald.

Probably not. Probably something stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom