• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. We'll be called salty by everyone but I'm out after this series, really. This sport needs some fixin'. I've been following it for 20 years and I've never seen such inconstant refferring. It's a drag.

MacAttack

Yeah. We'll be called salty by everyone but I'm out after this series, really. This sport needs some fixin'. I've been following it for 20 years and I've never seen such inconstant refferring. It's a drag.
CurlyBillBrocius.jpg

Well... Bye.

Solo

Ottawa was the better team this series.

Habs were incredibly unfortunate with injuries, ran into a hot goalie, didn't get the bounces, etc., all the excuses you want to make.

But in the end, Ottawa was the better team. Montreal made a huge leap this year and are certainly on the right track, but this series has proven that we have a LONG way to go before we are Cup contenders. Need to get tougher and cut the useless bulk from the team.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I fully expect this.
Budaj's not stopping a beach ball tonight, it would be 4-1 if literally any other player besides Phillips was on that break away in the first.

Hope the Habs close it out in a classy fashion, no Ryan White to start shit anyways.

But in the end, Ottawa was the better team. Montreal made a huge leap this year and are certainly on the right track, but this series has proven that we have a LONG way to go before we are Cup contenders. Need to get tougher and cut the useless bulk from the team.
I disagree, they're not that far off. Especially with all the kids getting another year under their belt. 2nd in the East this year and they're only going to get better.

CrankyJay

Banned
Ottawa was the better team this series.

Habs were incredibly unfortunate with injuries, ran into a hot goalie, didn't get the bounces, etc., all the excuses you want to make.

White is first, right?

Solo

I don't ever want to see White, Ryder or DD in a Habs uni again, and I won't shed any tears if Gorges and Pleky get moved either.

Acid08

Banned
Habs-Gaf, I know these feels. You have a good team and a good coach though, I bet next season will be even better for y'all. And getting playoff experience should be really good for your rookies.

Budaj's not stopping a beach ball tonight, it would be 4-1 if literally any other player besides Phillips was on that break away in the first.

Hope the Habs close it out in a classy fashion, no Ryan White to start shit anyways.

I disagree, they're not that far off. Especially with all the kids getting another year under their belt. 2nd in the East this year and they're only going to get better.

Quit trying to reverse jinx you jerks.

3 more goals on Mr. Anderson? Where's that Off-Season thread at...

Lol you guys do not know the playoff history of this team.

I am floored by the amount of bounces that have gone our way this series, because it has literally been the opposite through the history of this team.

Habs-Gaf, I know these feels. You have a good team and a good coach though, I bet next season will be even better for y'all. And getting playoff experience should be really good for your rookies.

Heck next round is going to be brutal regardless whether the sens or habs win. Pens are no pushovers. I'm not sure we can actually beat them.

Red_Man

Aside from Budaj, team has played great without Gionta, Eller, Emelin, Price, a 50% Patches & Bourque, non-existant Ryder & Desharnais. Future is looking great.

Lol you guys do not know the playoff history of this team.

I am floored by the amount of bounces that have gone our way this series, because it has literally been the opposite through the history of this team.
It's karma for taking out the #1 & #2 teams as a 8th seed due to goal tending. At least it's out of the way now.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Our good coach has been making some pretty bad decisions, and hasn't adjusted his gameplan. To be fair, they have been outshooting Ottawa more often than not I think, but this hasn't been a great series for Therrien. He's earned another year though.

Solo

White is first, right?

Here are the guys I want to keep around, in order of importance.

Forwards:
1. Lars Eller
2. Alex Galchenyuk
3. Brendan Gallagher
4. Brandon Prust
5. Rene Bourque
6. Max Pacioretty (on thin ice after this dreadful season)
7. Gabriel Dumont

D-men:
1. Subban
2. Emelin
3. Diaz
4. Tinordi

Goalies:
1. Price
2. Tokarski

The rest can be GTFO/retire/get cut/sent to minors/traded/bought out for all I care.

Solo

The 2 silver linings I take out of this season are:

1. We have 2 stud rookies who didn't flinch making the transition from the minors to pro, or from regular season to playoffs. They will be our franchise for the next decade.
2. Said rooks got some great playoff experience.

Armstrong? Diaz?

Army has actually been good in the playoffs. I wouldn't be upset if he another one year deal. Diaz is a keeper.

Watch all of them be on the team next season.

Ryder 100% won't be. He's UFA and he has played himself out of a contract in the past 20 games. DD 100% will be, because he has a terrible contract and we're stuck with him. White is 50/50.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Don't the Habs have another compliance buyout? I know they used one on Gomez.

Not after Kaberle...

The 2 silver linings I take out of this season are:

1. We have 2 stud rookies who didn't flinch making the transition from the minors to pro, or from regular season to playoffs. They will be our franchise for the next decade.
2. Said rooks got some great playoff experience.

Army has actually been good in the playoffs. I wouldn't be upset if he another one year deal. Diaz is a keeper.

Ryder 100% won't be. He's UFA and he has played himself out of a contract in the past 20 games. DD 100% will be, because he has a terrible contract and we're stuck with him. White is 50/50.

No Armstrong please, actually get somebody who can hurt people with bodychecks.

Red_Man

#1 center, First line winger, #1 Norris level D-man #1 Vezina level Goalie. We'll be alright.

No Armstrong please, actually get somebody who can hurt people with bodychecks.
I wouldn't mind keep Armstrong on as the 13th forward. He's great in the room, and he doesn't take anything away from the game. He doesn't add anything to it, but he's a neutral player.

Solo

Habs need to get tougher in the offseason too. I'm not talking goons, but we need some team toughness. Never EVER should you get into a line brawl and lose ALL 5 fights. Shit's embarrassing. We need another Prust or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom