• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
It is a great rule if you were around before it. Teams used to throw the puck over the net to delay games all the time. They also changed other rules in 2004 that without them games were delayed previously. After 2004, the average time for games dropped substantially due to that rule change and teams getting penalties for delaying faceoffs. It is great.
I'm 31, I've been around long enough to see the before and after, haha. I still hate it.

444592.jpg

LOL

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I fully expect Chicago to sweep Detroit but I love the rivalry. It'll be nice since we are heading to the EC.
I could totally see that happening. The travel and extra 2 games for Detroit will not help them. The only saving grace is MAYBE the Hawks will be a lil rusty in game 1 so Detroit will need to jump on them early.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I feel a little better now.

My condolences to Ducks-GAF.

SA-X

So this is what it feels like to be the upset team. Feels good man. Perry's punk ass being shutout makes it even sweeter. :)

Now, to get destroyed by Chicago!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I was hoping Teemu would do some laps by himself :( or with the team behind him... :( If that was really his last game, it wasn't a worthy ending.

Samyy

So many damn bandwagoners in my newsfeed its disgusting.
Especially this one pair of assholes that took every opportunity to laugh at me about the Leafs all through highschool, suddenly they are die hards that always had faith.
Ugh...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I really hope this isn't the last we see of Teemu.

Well, I'm sure the Ducks would already have management jobs lined up.

On another note, this means potentially Selanne, Hiller and Sbisa join their respective teams at the World Championships.

We're 6-0 and we'd get an all-star goalie AND an NHL D-man on top? GOGOGO

Tawpgun

FUCK.

This was probably posted, but the Bruins had issues with their plane, and are staying the night in Toronto, flying down in the morning, and then playing that evening...

Not that big a deal but at the same time that sucks.

Especially this one pair of assholes that took every opportunity to laugh at me about the Leafs all through highschool, suddenly they are die hards that always had faith.
Ugh...

The people still saying Leafs suck over and over and over are the real morons

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I can't see Teemu being done after this. He still looks good, can score, and skate. A half season may have saved him a little bit of energy.

Wouldn't surprise me if Perry had an injury actually...

Also it's definitely time for Teemu to hang 'em up. Even in a shortened season he's obviously lost a step, and taken one back. He's still a better player than most, but not enough to keep going.

Hang his name in the rafters. He's done more than anyone could ask for.

Good career, my dear friend. May you forever remain in fans of hockey, all the world over.

Quick

Banned
Ugh...

My friend was a Leafs fan, converted to the Bruins, and now remains silent.

My Habs bandwagoner friend also remains silent. She had all Habs stuff on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and now that's all gone. :lol :lol

Clydefrog, what are your thoughts on the upcoming Sharks series?

I thought we would have beat them two years ago if Kopitar had been healthy. Time to settle the score.

pringles

Wow, can't believe we held on to win. Never can make it easy.

That was a fantastic series, almost as good as the 2009 one imo. Ducks played well and were the better team for the most part in the first 4-5 games. Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Howard carried us to this series win. I'm exhausted from these 7 games.. making the playoffs was my only goal this season, didn't expect us to take a series, so anything that happens now is just a bonus.

Sorry to Ducks fans, your team didn't deserve to go out so soon, and let's face it Anaheim would have a bigger chance in the 2nd round than Detroit has.

All I know is that with the way Chicago fans are talking about this matchup it would be completely epic and hilarious if Detroit somehow won. Let's not forget Quenneville has never beat Detroit in the playoffs.

SA-X

All I know is that with the way Chicago fans are talking about this matchup it would be completely epic and hilarious if Detroit somehow won. Let's not forget Quenneville has never beat Detroit in the playoffs.
If the Wings could somehow take down a President's trophy winning team after all those years of winning the regular season and then promptly imploding come playoff time it would be epic indeed.

Clydefrog

Clydefrog, what are your thoughts on the upcoming Sharks series?

I thought we would have beat them two years ago if Kopitar had been healthy. Time to settle the score.

Home ice is huge. It's funny saying that after last year's playoffs...but it is. It's going to be a really tough series. The Sharks will be rested (and I don't believe in rust) and the Kings are coming off a brutal series with the Blues. As long as everyone is still relatively healthy, I think the Kings can pull this off. I just hope Torres doesn't break Quick's leg in game 1.

I hate to quote Pierre McGuire but he said it best: "you're in good shape in the playoffs until you lose at home."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom